• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CN interviews Chris Horner

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tom375 said:
Considering what's happened - for me its a black & white either you believe the USADA report or you don't - I've read it as i'm sure most people have in this forum (he claims not to - I find that a bit weird? at best it's just burying your head in the sand at worst...)
The USADA decision came about precisely because the anti-doping tests weren't effective at catching a doper. Tests weren't enough because people can beat the tests - that doesn't mean that they aren't doping or aren't cheating. Horner seems to be suggesting that if you beat the tests you aren't cheating i.e a la Armstrong, Jenkins & Spanish Armada et al.
For me the evidence is overwhelmingly that he he did dope and he did cheat, the interview with Horner therefore only makes him look like a "Lance Apologist" or "backward" as i really don't understand how anyone could come out with any other conclusion from the USADA report other than LA doped systematically throughout his career.
As i said earlier he claims not to have read it but he should he's like a senior figure in the peleton these days so I believe he should make himself aware of the facts - maybe then comment. I'd probably appreciate it more if he'd said he'd read the report and still come up with these views at least it would make more sense..

Everyone believes the report, Horner included.
The USADA report was a result of whistleblowers, not ineffective tests.

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
the delgados said:
Everyone believes the report, Horner included.
The USADA report was a result of whistleblowers, not ineffective tests.

I think that's what I said wasn't it? - Apart from "Horner included". I didn't see where he acknowledged this, in fact I thought he said he hadn't read it? - I'll check again in a mo, but if he did I don't see how his answers make sense..

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Why is it that BtheK seems to be posting a whole lot more right now while Mountainboy and his sidekick/sockpuppet Aleajactouf are both temporarily baninated?:cool:

weird like that.

Billy kicked up some dust on a few other threads.

Anyhow how's the "little bike shop"? Does Chris Horner ever come in there? If he does ask him about the red eggs and poe.

BillytheKid said:
LA had talent. Abused it with PEDs.

Not talent like Elite podium a grand tour clean talent. No way. National level talent? Probably.

That winning once a year was sure abusive!

Keep the dream alive! Wiggo was good for an Olympic year but it looks like the UCI has moved on. Don't worry Wiesel and Hein are always scouting for another doper.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Not talent like Elite podium a grand tour clean talent. No way. National level talent? Probably.

That winning once a year was sure abusive!

Keep the dream alive! Wiggo was good for an Olympic year but it looks like the UCI has moved on. Don't worry Wiesel and Hein are always scouting for another doper.

The guy was hype as the next Lemond. He and Greg (1980 the boycott year), I think, were the only ones ever to get a "bye" on an US Olympic Team under the old rules. I know Armstrong did in 1992, but the point is there "is" really no way to determine your lastest claim because most of the pro peleton was doing the same at the time, or at least that's my opinion as is your statement concerning Armstrong only opinion. VO2 numbers are not the abosolute. Funny how Fignon's book did not lead to a call for an investigation of that period in France. I'm sure if you waterboarded the right guys you would all the confessions you would want.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Getting Bruyneel, Celya, Marti, Ferrari, Del Moral out of the sport is a important first step

My point was you won't have the sport if you keep going. You keep fight battles, winning some, but the carnage takes it's toll and the money goes some where were it can get garanteed results. I suppose you'll next stop the flow of illegal drugs over the borders like with Prohibition. Such a major, major sucess. Yes, it would be nice, but somethings you can't stop for long. I think you can kill this sport. You can do that, and that would suit some just fine, but sport in general is another matter.

I think the best route is to put all efforts into several testing jurisdictions other than the UCI. For that matter, create a world body that can random test in any sport. It would be welcomed with open arms.:rolleyes:

BillytheKid said:
My point was you won't have the sport if you keep going. You keep fight battles, winning some, but the carnage takes it's toll and the money goes some where were it can get garanteed results. I suppose you'll next stop the flow of illegal drugs over the borders like with Prohibition. Such a major, major sucess. Yes, it would be nice, but somethings you can't stop for long. I think you can kill this sport. You can do that, and that would suit some just fine, but sport in general is another matter.

I think the best route is to put all efforts into several testing jurisdictions other than the UCI. For that matter, create a world body that can random test in any sport. It would be welcomed with open arms.:rolleyes:

What, you mean like WADA? That could work, but first we have to remove UCI from testing authority.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Horner is very omerta...but needs to keep his career going I guess...still can't say al he wants. But he is I presume a redacted name in Travis Tygart's book. Kristin was rolling the joints and look at USA DNFers at 1998 worlds

Dylan Casey (USA)
David Clinger (USA)
Christopher Horner (USA)
Trent Klasna (USA)
Christian Vandevelde (USA)
Jonathan Vaughters (USA)
Dariusz Baranowski (POL)

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Dave_1 said:
Horner is very omerta...but needs to keep his career going I guess...still can't say al he wants. But he is I presume a redacted name in Travis Tygart's book. Kristin was rolling the joints and look at USA DNFers at 1998 worlds

Dylan Casey (USA)
David Clinger (USA)
Christopher Horner (USA)
Trent Klasna (USA)
Christian Vandevelde (USA)
Jonathan Vaughters (USA)
Dariusz Baranowski (POL)

Pointing out DNFs on a circuit 258k WC course is like pointing out rain falls from the sky? It was still a bike race so despite what ever else was going on with certain riders or the pro-cycling omerta, EPO, etc... I assume these guys played some role in the actual race early on so a DNF at Worlds is no real disgrace.

I like "pro-cycling omerta" because it is more specific. At least you know which omerta your talking about. Horner, one way or the other, is not going to venture to far because he was never offer a plea deal or had no need of one.

Cycling is "his world," and that was an interesting way of saying "put yourself in my shoes." So why would he throw himself over a cliff? Interseting too, the broadly implied scope to the amount "talk and knowledge" over the whole USADA action.

He's in the boat of someone who's never cashed-in a big paycheck so I guess he keeps going as long as he can which, he knows, is probably this year and maybe a podium. He is waiting to see how things play out. Things do not look bright at the moment, but the world seems to have a shorter and shorter memory.

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
CH will return to US racing say 2014, 2015 conti level for about 2/3 years , so till about 45 yrs old. win an odd race or two for colavita ,jellybelly whomever ,return to his old ways talking smack about Lance...haha...and thats why he s lost respect and credibility . its kinda like , who are you chris ? who can actually look at this guy in a positive light without remembering his altered state delusions ....sorry just reading through

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
ex wife, kids to feed.....Part of getting paid $800,000 per year to show up "Prepared" for 4-5 races per year includes spewing nonsense.

Chris should share his blood values for the last few years. They look like the profile of Tour climbing stage

&#8207 said:
@PaulWillerton nah the epo cowboy is Horner, according to the sideburned one his biopassport is "hilarious"

A 0 on the UCI suspicion index. :eek:

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I've never heard of "iliotibial band friction syndrome." Granted, I'm not a doctor, but until someone informs me otherwise, I am going to assume that "iliotibial band friction syndrome" is just a fancy way of saying that "Johan is no longer my boss and therefore can't supply me anymore with the good stuff."

babastooey said:
I've never heard of "iliotibial band friction syndrome." Granted, I'm not a doctor, but until someone informs me otherwise, I am going to assume that "iliotibial band friction syndrome" is just a fancy way of saying that "Johan is no longer my boss and therefore can't supply me anymore with the good stuff."

I actually have this at the moment. It's not acutely painful, but you can't ride with it.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
babastooey said:

ITB friction is not nice. It rubs on your outer knee as you move your leg. I am surprised he's feeling it on the bike. I finished an OD triathlon with it, and only felt it on the 10km run er hobble.

Clearly in Horner's case due to a lack of warming down.

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I am suffering from a condition of my own at the moment. It is called, "I live in Michigan and I haven't been on a bicycle all winter, and when I finally went out today I pedaled like crap."

TRENDING THREADS