• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CN Tyler Hamilton interview

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping Voeckler is clean. He seems to ride with the grit and recklessness of a rider who has talent but lacks that edge to be a real GC or classics competitor. Sylvan Chavanel is another such rider. Hard to say one way or the other though.

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
A twitter exchange today involving Vaughters

@Vaughters tough question: were you the DS who called on Hamilton "here comes ‘Fuentes’ client" during Tour of Georgia 2008?

‏@Vaughters @8aldwin Of course I was. Why is that a tough question?

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
jfromm said:

@Vaughters tough question: were you the DS who called on Hamilton "here comes ‘Fuentes’ client" during Tour of Georgia 2008?

That is awesome. Sometimes I frickin love JV.

Haynzie

BANNED
Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Whilst I enjoyed Hamilton's book, and I think good things will come out of Hamilton's whistle-blowing, underneath I can't bring myself not to agree with McQuaid's critique of the guy, in his latest CN interview.

I feel a bit dirty for saying that.

May 10, 2011
Visit site
jfromm said:

Well I'll eat my shoe then. Glad that JV is being candid about it.

jfromm said:

That's the nice thing of twitter. You get time to compose yourself before you show the other side your "initial" response. JV is good with words, apparently better than with faces.
JV seems to be doing some things well for cycling, in his very own way, but yeah, hypocrism is apparently a part of that. If my time line fits, he made the Fuentes remark before he confessed. Not a very classy gesture, if human, of someone who only came to true fame because of most similar juice.
After reading Tyler's book, I did not get the impression Fuentes was the biggest performance boost relative to other (ex)Posties. Just that Ceccini is probably a better trainer than Ferrari. Perhaps we should ask Dekker, he's been around.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
I used to be a big fan of Jens and Voeckler as well. Jens needs to go away, and I have serious doubts about Voeckler and Europcar after that miraculously successful TdF.
both dope

voeckler forehead now has him measued as a 6foot 5'5" rider

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
That's the nice thing of twitter. You get time to compose yourself before you show the other side your "initial" response. JV is good with words, apparently better than with faces.
JV seems to be doing some things well for cycling, in his very own way, but yeah, hypocrism is apparently a part of that. If my time line fits, he made the Fuentes remark before he confessed. Not a very classy gesture, if human, of someone who only came to true fame because of most similar juice.
After reading Tyler's book, I did not get the impression Fuentes was the biggest performance boost relative to other (ex)Posties. Just that Ceccini is probably a better trainer than Ferrari. Perhaps we should ask Dekker, he's been around.

Well what I got from Tyler's book is that Fuentes isn't a trainer at all, just someone who managed transfusions and provided EPO etc. Cecchini did more of his training.

TRENDING THREADS