• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cobo Talk Only

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

rick james said:
topcat said:
I never really liked Mollema. But I feel for him now. He was robbed of that Vuelta. And if he's awarded it, it will mean nothing. This is all bullshi*
That’s some leap of faith to claim Mollema is clean
Thanks for admitting that the trio took more dope than poor old Bauke. There's a chance Mollema is clean because he's woeful and he might not risk it knowing he couldn't afford a proper legal defence.

Re:

fmk_RoI said:
Case appears to have started in 2015
Carlos Arribas is now saying the case was opened in 2014:
The case was opened still earlier, dear Daniel. I got now confirmation that Cobo received the first letter from the UCI telling himg of suspicious parameters in August 2014, when he was riding in Turkish team Torku Sekerspor. In 2015 he received the first proposal of sanction

Wow George Bennett calling someone fat. Is this a cry for help? Apparently sitting next to someone tells you all you need to know about that person. Well I've lined up in a race against GB I can tell you he's the skinniest "athlete" I've ever seen with my own eyes. In my view his friends and family are letting him down by refraining from staging an intervention. Gb is nothing more than a bag of bones animated by a chemist's magic potion. Whoever summoned this golem, nice try but you're not out of the uncanny valley just yet. Real humans have both soft tissue and empathy.

Re:

movingtarget said:
If Cobo was having mental health issues, I doubt that this will help much.
Yeah, I don't get the outrage as well. Neither now, nor back then. Cobo was always considered a big talent to potentially shine in the Grand Tours. Especially after his impressive 2007 Tour of the Basque Country victory! It wasn't until 2008 and the departure of the Saunier Duval Tour de France team in wake of Ricco's and later Piepoli's Cera positives, that one figured out that Cobo might be a bit more juiced-up than others. Something which in fact never has been proven, because of his mental health issues. His 2009 Vuelta was at the same time both underwhelming for his own promises and pretty decent for a bobtailed Fuji-Servetto squad. In 2010 he obviously suffered from depression etc as Libertine Seguros rightfully stated dozens of times.

2011 eventually only was a confirmation. Both regarding his talent and his suspectedness. Nothing more. Nothing less. Now, the second part has been confirmed as well in an attempt to rewrite history.

Sometimes it's wiser to let history be history.

Squire said:
topcat said:
King Boonen said:
Wish I was as woeful on the bike as Bauke is...
Relatively.
Has anyone ever predicted he'd win a gt?
You're too late to the party, young padawan! :lol:
But you sure must have heard of the legend of TGBM?
Thanks for calling me young. I'm a junior member who watched Hinault strut his stuff. I stopped watching cycling for the Lance era. Vuelta 2011 is tgbm's only hope.

Forever The Best said:
roundabout said:
Why he isn't disqualified from Burgos 2011 for example?
I remember a similar case with Menchov as well, he was disqualified from some races but got to keep his important results if I remember right.
Menchov's results in the Tour got cancelled from 2009 to 2012 (including a 3rd/2nd in 2010), but he weirdly got to keep his Giro and Vuelta results from 2011
So he moves up to 4th following Cobo's suspension :)

Gung Ho Gun said:
Forever The Best said:
roundabout said:
I remember a similar case with Menchov as well, he was disqualified from some races but got to keep his important results if I remember right.
Menchov's results in the Tour got cancelled from 2009 to 2012 (including a 3rd/2nd in 2010), but he weirdly got to keep his Giro and Vuelta results from 2011
So he moves up to 4th following Cobo's suspension :)

Menchov lost 3 of his tour results including his 3rd.

Late to the party. :eek:

Forever The Best said:
roundabout said:

I don't know whether he was blood tested during Burgos

roundabout said:
Forever The Best said:
roundabout said:

I don't know whether he was blood tested during Burgos
That may explain, thanks.

@Gung Ho Gun and SHAD0W93 I thought he got to keep 2010 Tour for some reason, sorry. Still my point stands because he kept some of his other results.

TRENDING THREADS