College Football

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Trevor Lawrence was amazing to watch. He looked like a senior not a freshman. Also a couple of great catches by his receivers on 3rd down plays helped.

That fake field goal attempt by Alabama was one of those what were you thinking moments? That has to be one of the worst calls of the season.
 
Re:

Koronin said:
Trevor Lawrence was amazing to watch. He looked like a senior not a freshman. Also a couple of great catches by his receivers on 3rd down plays helped.

That fake field goal attempt by Alabama was one of those what were you thinking moments? That has to be one of the worst calls of the season.
Lawrence looked great and will likely be a start in the NFL, BUT, I'm about to barf listening to the talking heads rambling about how he could step into the NFL and rule. First, let's see if he can have a good year next year at Clem (I expect him to but...).
 
Re: Re:

jmdirt said:
Koronin said:
Trevor Lawrence was amazing to watch. He looked like a senior not a freshman. Also a couple of great catches by his receivers on 3rd down plays helped.

That fake field goal attempt by Alabama was one of those what were you thinking moments? That has to be one of the worst calls of the season.
Lawrence looked great and will likely be a start in the NFL, BUT, I'm about to barf listening to the talking heads rambling about how he could step into the NFL and rule. First, let's see if he can have a good year next year at Clem (I expect him to but...).
As I said he played like a Senior not a Freshman. I agree about let him get to the NFL before making any decisions on how good he'll be there, but he's definitely one of the better college QBs right now.
 
Re:

jmdirt said:
Hurts enters the transfer pool. Come on BSU bring him to Boise! :) How about Auburn so he can play the Tide? He's a TX or OK guy so maybe a school in one of those states?
It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. For me one of the nice things about this is that it means he's graduated with his Bachelors degree.
 
Nomad said:
New Arizona cardinals HC (Kliff Kingsbury) today said he would draft Kyler Murray #1 overall (Cards do have the #1 overall draft pick). With Goff on the roster, does anyone think he really means to draft Murray? Kliffy is probably just paying respect to the Heisman winner, or just posturing for a possible draft day trade down scenario.
 
on3m@n@rmy said:
Nomad said:
New Arizona cardinals HC (Kliff Kingsbury) today said he would draft Kyler Murray #1 overall (Cards do have the #1 overall draft pick). With Goff on the roster, does anyone think he really means to draft Murray? Kliffy is probably just paying respect to the Heisman winner, or just posturing for a possible draft day trade down scenario.
Goff is LA Rams, but I know that you meant- Rosen. There's is so much going on that its tough to keep it straight. I can't see them taking Murray, but... (rumor that Pats want Rosen...).
 
on3m@n@rmy said:
Nomad said:
New Arizona cardinals HC (Kliff Kingsbury) today said he would draft Kyler Murray #1 overall (Cards do have the #1 overall draft pick). With Goff on the roster, does anyone think he really means to draft Murray? Kliffy is probably just paying respect to the Heisman winner, or just posturing for a possible draft day trade down scenario.
He's probably still in awe from that 51-46 shootout last season where Murray hung 460 yds of total offense & 4 TDs on his Red Raiders (360 yds passing 3 TDs/100 yds rushing 1 TD).
 
Wow. A real barn-burner, visiting #2 ranked LSU beating #3 Bama 46-41. 1st quarter mistakes costing Bama a victory.
And now the unthinkable for Bama: Tagovailoa out for the season with a serious hip dislocation & posterior wall fracture. The projected #1 OA pick in next year's draft will have a long road to recovery. The kid just can't catch a break with these injuries he's had since taking over the starting role last season:

View: https://youtu.be/aMI41C3xvoc


 
BSU vs. UW today in the Las Vegas Bowl. The big story for Boise people is that Coach Pete of UW was one of the coaches who brought BSU to national attention. To add a little more flavor, its his last game coaching for UW as he steps 'over' to different role with the program.
 
BSU vs. UW today in the Las Vegas Bowl. The big story for Boise people is that Coach Pete of UW was one of the coaches who brought BSU to national attention. To add a little more flavor, its his last game coaching for UW as he steps 'over' to different role with the program.
So the big question is, who are you rooting for? I can see you going either way.

I'm a died-in-the-wool Coug, but love UW's HC Chris Peterson. It is sad to see him step down for now to "recharge" as he put it. I think/hope eventually he returns to coaching.
 
So the big question is, who are you rooting for? I can see you going either way.

I'm a died-in-the-wool Coug, but love UW's HC Chris Peterson. It is sad to see him step down for now to "recharge" as he put it. I think/hope eventually he returns to coaching.
BSU! I'm not an alum, but they bring good energy to the community. By all accounts he is a genuinely good dude, and he still does great things with the children's' hospital here. The problem is that I'm old, so if I cheer for every coach or player who I like/respect, I'd have too many allegiances to keep track of! :D
 
Semi finals today. LSU/Oklahoma game has started. I suspect this could be the worst of the two semi finals. However, I'm glad Alabama isn't in it this year, as I can enjoy the games more. (Hoping for an Ohio State title, but not expecting it.)
 
LSU hammered Clemson. Burrow looks good and at 23 he's hitting his stride. I'm interested in the WRs. Jefferson and Chase both had 1500+ yard seasons. Was that because of Burrow, are they making Burrow look good or is it just a brilliant QB with brilliant WRs?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS