• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Colom positive for EPO

Wow. Another rider leaves Bruyneel and tests positive. I guess that high cadence power boost ceases to work when the rider is no longer under the watchful eye of the Hog.

I wonder if the Spanish fed will protect Colom like they are protecting Valverde.

May 1, 2009
Visit site
Team director Serge Parsani was surprised at the news. "This is the first I heard of this. If it is on the UCI's website at least they could inform the team,"

UCI at it's normal level or professionalism and organisation I see.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Serge Parsani should realise the doping test is a matter between the testers and the athlete, there is simply no requirement to inform the team. As an employee, this is really a matter for Colom to explain.

The UCI has a rule that if three riders get caught in a season then the team gets suspended. Given Pfannberger was busted on 19 March and Colom's sample is from 2 April, it may be possible that more riders from their prominent spring campaign get named in the coming week.

Stani Kléber said:
The UCI has a rule that if three riders get caught in a season then the team gets suspended. Given Pfannberger was busted on 19 March and Colom's sample is from 2 April, it may be possible that more riders from their prominent spring campaign get named in the coming week.

I hope that Amstel Gold win was worth it.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
What's that you say? An ex-Bruyneel super-domestique has been caught for EPO? Oh. Wake me up when something unusual happens.

BroDeal said:
Wow. Another rider leaves Bruyneel and tests positive. I guess that high cadence power boost ceases to work when the rider is no longer under the watchful eye of the Hog.

I wonder if the Spanish fed will protect Colom like they are protecting Valverde.

I wonder- what a coincidence this new case just appear when Kohl happened to expose the useless UCI anti doping policy......

May 1, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I don't believe it.

The UCI is trying to justify the money they are charging the teams for the passport.

No they are trying to justify the value of the passport, almost immediately after Kohl showed it to be rubbish.

The whole thing is so obvious. I wonder if the UCI holds back positive tests, so that it can release them when it suits their PR purposes?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
What's that you say? An ex-Bruyneel super-domestique has been caught for EPO? Oh. Wake me up when something unusual happens.

+1

I am not surprised one bit either.

I guess he isn't going to be getting me no more points for my Poduim Cafe VDS team now:(

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Well actually he was a holdover from vino's astana but he was one hell of a domestique for Contador last year, but yeah so the blood passport made a bust, their timing is impeccable.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
On Wednesday, the UCI and Tour de France organisers ASO are holding a joint press conference in Paris. There is speculation that a further announcement will be made regarding findings from the biological passport system.

I didn't any thing would break like this until a few days before the TDF.
Who else could go down?

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
Ug. Ly.

Well, the powers that be seem determined to continue the charade at the expense of the fans. Oh wait, thats right its the fan's fault. Reminds me of a bunch of kids all pointing at each other "He did it!"

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Why not Dynepo.....???? I'm clueless as to why he was using r-epo. He certainly was not doping with the r-epo or he would have had 100 positive tests. He was microdosing it to stimulate rectics while blood doping with his own blood... This could have happend, he could have had unusually high or low rectics and they target tested him more often and got him IV dosing epo in the morning and tested him immediately after the dosage....

The entire Katusha team is blood doping me thinks...

BigBoat said:
Why not Dynepo.....???? I'm clueless as to why he was using r-epo. He certainly was not doping with the r-epo or he would have had 100 positive tests. He was microdosing it to stimulate rectics while blood doping with his own blood... This could have happend, he could have had unusually high or low rectics and they target tested him more often and got him IV dosing epo in the morning and tested him immediately after the dosage....

The entire Katusha team is blood doping me thinks...
Well Big Boat, it sounds like the Katyusha team should learn from this Forum. It looks like there are still some teams on plain EPO to jack up the crit values.

TRENDING THREADS