• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Colombia 2.1 (Feb 12-17)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
DzoFhXzWkAYCQjY.jpg

Jhojan, great result.

Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
Dukerojo said:
hahaha only in Colombia

I have no idea what was going on in MAL and Sosa's head.

They fought for GC? López was afraid to tow Sosa to the line if he himself was tired. He learnt his lesson in Burgos.

It was actually better for him to have Quintana in front since he could then afford to lose three seconds as opposed to one to Sosa due to the bonus seconds distribution.

Why Sosa didn't go with Quintana is another matter, though. I don't understand that to be honest.

davebqvst said:
del1962 said:
Rollthedice said:
Dukerojo said:
hahaha only in Colombia

what happened?
Bernal & Quintana were dropped, MAL and Sosa started looking at each other and doing trackstands like Contador and Schleck back in the day which allowed Nairo to come back
They weren't dropped. They got run over by some idiot on the road.

DNP-Old said:
davebqvst said:
del1962 said:
Rollthedice said:
Dukerojo said:
hahaha only in Colombia

what happened?
Bernal & Quintana were dropped, MAL and Sosa started looking at each other and doing trackstands like Contador and Schleck back in the day which allowed Nairo to come back
They weren't dropped. They got run over by some idiot on the road.

It was Sosa that was run over. Bernal then waited for him to ride him back up to Sosa.

Good for Quintana and Lopez. This was a nice race. All climbers fighting for supremacy of who is the best. Nice. Shame what happened to the public.

Lopez had a delayed development. He finally put his first good performance in a GT in Vuelta 2017. He had a good 2018. But I thing we have not seen the best of him yet. He is looking to be very good in 2019 if he can avoid the crashes.

Re:

Escarabajo said:
Good for Quintana and Lopez. This was a nice race. All climbers fighting for supremacy of who is the best. Nice. Shame what happened to the public.

Lopez had a delayed development. He finally put his first good performance in a GT in Vuelta 2017. He had a good 2018. But I thing we have not seen the best of him yet. He is looking to be very good in 2019 if he can avoid the crashes.

And not lose time on short steep climbs on the end of a stage

TRENDING THREADS