• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Commonwealth Games Road Race and TT

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
It's quite clear Thomas was the strongest by far. Bauer wasn't soft-pedaling (not when Thomas went at least).

The BBC acts like Thomas has just won against a world class field... it was a great race though.

Agree with that. Not the greatest field but a very good race. Even Dan Craven was hanging on for a while so yes not the best quality wise.

Once Kennaugh and Australia messed up he was always going to win fairly easily

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
seems you watch cycling with your eyes closed :rolleyes:

LOL. After hundreds of years of existence, finally the phrase "Pot calling the kettle black" has reached its ultimate power, meaning and significance by being used to talk about you saying that. Congratulations!!

King Of The Wolds said:
Fun day's racing.

It was a thing of beauty to watch a team as well drilled as England's have it all their own way in the women's race.

And after giving it the large one before the race, almost as much fun to watch the Aussies barely leave a mark on the men's race at all.

Can't blame them - they just had to cede the field to tougher men.

I recently discovered my phone auto corrects aussies to sissies.

A nice win from Thomas, that was a very entertaining race. Aussies can count themselves very unlucky but I doubt they'd have got near Thomas and in the end the strongest rider won.

All in all a very good games for the home nations. Money invested in British sport for London 2012 and beyond is paying off big time now. Shocked to also see the Aussies finish so far behind England in the medal table.

Two great races for different reasons. WTF was Kennaugh doing though? Before the race I had him & Dennis down as the only two riders who could challenge Thomas. The Aussies used Dennis as a dom and PK suddenly believed he was Tony Martin.

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Richeypen said:
Two great races for different reasons. WTF was Kennaugh doing though? Before the race I had him & Dennis down as the only two riders who could challenge Thomas. The Aussies used Dennis as a dom and PK suddenly believed he was Tony Martin.

Kennaugh obviously had a rush of blood to the head as he didn't stick to what was agreed at the team meeting and when nobody crossed over to him he was advised to drop back into the peloton, which he decided to ignore. If he had listened to the team car he would have had a good chance of winning seeing as he was one of the strongest out there.

Enjoyed the races.

Great to see local riders doing so well. Armitstead taking the gold, Thwaitsy the Bronze and a very unlucky untimely puncture for Moses.

I tell you what though. Boardman is a complete n0nce and a condescending one too. Saying how Moses and Thwaites were doing well to stay up at the front.

Also, unless its track cycling the BBC dont give a sh!t

Not sure how Cav would have done if he'd entered. Last year by the end of lap 1, Stannard, Fenn, Cav, Millar, Kennaugh and Swift had all dropped the continental riders and I recall for most of the race thereafter, Miller, Cav, Stannard and Kennaugh riding as a 4 with everyone else way behind and when it came to the three man sprint (Kennaugh fell away late on) there was only one man in it. Again only a dozen or so finished. Yesterday was far more aggressive.

Kennaugh obviously has been hanging round with Stannard a bit much...

Brave (if doomed) effort.

Brutal race.

Props to Millar doing the Scottish jersey proud in his last outing in it, by being one of the 12 to finish.

TRENDING THREADS