• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contadopers Top Tips To Win The TDF

del1962 said:
Youll be upset the video says only six time grand tour winner:D

I've gotten used to the foolishness of it. No use getting upset since I can't change it anyway.
However I am still upset they dared to take away his wins (especially Giro '11)

ANyway they say he has won every major race in Europe, when did he win all the monuments?:D

He did not even win every major stage race in Europe (and why the hell even add Europe, it's not like there are (m)any important races outside Europe)

sniper said:
nice.
cyclists are so much more relaxed when they know there won't be questions about doping.
AC needs to work on his English fast though if he wants Cookson to remain benevolent.

No one gets asked about doping in promotional videos with nice music. When they get asked its in press conferences and Contador always gets asked, as much as everyone else.

daveyt said:
You started a thread because one fluff peice didn't mention doping?

Why, why would you do this?

Considering: Contador is a former(current) doper, and this article has a facetious tone to it,(and I was laughing reading it at all the lies they posted), I thought many here would get a lugh out of it as well.

You are aware Contadoper has had his TDF results/wins stripped from him.

I kind of think asking riders (or other athletes) about doping is pointless. Never ever have I seen or heard an athlete win something and casually say during the press conference say they doped majorly when asked about it. It's like the won question where you know you're gonna get a bs answer.

Btw, do we know any other spanish cyclist who actually does English interviews? Even Nadal doesn't speak English too well, while tennis is a much more anglophone sport and I think the average tennis pro is quite intelligent compared to a lot of others sports

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Red Rick said:
Btw, do we know any other spanish cyclist who actually does English interviews? Even Nadal doesn't speak English too well, while tennis is a much more anglophone sport and I think the average tennis pro is quite intelligent compared to a lot of others sports

Sastre and Freire speak good English. I've never heard AV or Purito speak English.

Most of the Spanish tennis players speak very good English, including Nadal, but they do have that heavy accent.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
oldcrank said:
It must have been a very emotional day
for Alberto to visit the fabled Herne Hill
Velodrome where the greats of cycling
like Anquetil, Coppi, Moser, and Wiggo
have gathered to race since 1891.

All dopers.......

sniper said:
nice.
cyclists are so much more relaxed when they know there won't be questions about doping.
AC needs to work on his English fast though if he wants Cookson to remain benevolent.

I think his English is pretty good - yes, he's got an accent, but he's pretty fluent. And can't he speak Italian and a bit of French as well? More than most Brit athletes could muster. He's much more relaxed with it these days.

One wonders how many languages Cookson speaks?

Electress said:
I think his English is pretty good - yes, he's got an accent, but he's pretty fluent. And can't he speak Italian and a bit of French as well? More than most Brit athletes could muster. He's much more relaxed with it these days.

One wonders how many languages Cookson speaks?

Yep!

And yes he speaks Italian, he lives in Lugano now so he has to, French well I'm not so sure :p

Red Rick said:
I kind of think asking riders (or other athletes) about doping is pointless. Never ever have I seen or heard an athlete win something and casually say during the press conference say they doped majorly when asked about it. It's like the won question where you know you're gonna get a bs answer.

Its not pointless. Most of the time the people that ask just want a headline like "rider x says sport is clean".

The Hitch said:
Its not pointless. Most of the time the people that ask just want a headline like "rider x says sport is clean".

I stand corrected.

I you want to pursuade dumb media-loving masses who will believe anything to believe the sport is clean, go ahead and ask a doper if he's clean

If you have readers who are intelligent enough to create their own opinions, its still super pointless

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
Considering: Contador is a former(current) doper, and this article has a facetious tone to it,(and I was laughing reading it at all the lies they posted), I thought many here would get a lugh out of it as well.

You are aware Contadoper has had his TDF results/wins stripped from him.

Really!?!? He did? When did this happen? That's a shame.

Hilarious thread. The clinic is crowded with ill people, thank god it's a clinic.

I'm no idiot and fully aware there is still doping, but I love how some hardcore clinic posters see conspiracies in absolutely everything that happens.

How can you even start a thread about this video in the clinic? Because they didn't mention dope once in the video! Looool