• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador & Armstrong will never be caught for EPO or blood boosting and here's why!!

Deadlift

BANNED
Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Its simple really, Because there are better alternatives to EPO, in terms of training methods, principles, legal substances etc all within WADA regulations, that have been around since the days of Lemond, Merckx etc... Get with it. Lets stop the BS, going on like EPO/HGH/Blood Transfusions is the God-Damn holy grail to athletic & cycling performances with regards to Tour wins & riding its 1 meat & 2 veg.

Who the hell are you to say Greg Lemond wasn't a doper with his stance against doping, Eddie Merckx etc. Who the hell are you to say Greg "only the sun shines out of my derriere" Lemond didn't consume 10 cups of coffee before the start of each stage. THATS DOPING. Is Lemond gonna admit to doping?, NO, WHY NOT? Cos it was all within regulation back in the day.

Who the hell are you to say Eddie "only the sun shines out of my derriere" Merckx didn't add 2 teaspoons of Bicarbonate of Soda to every water bottle at the start of each refill. THATS DOPING. Is Merckx gonna admit to doping?, NO, WHY NOT? Cos it was all within regulation in the day.

IF that was the case with Merckx. Where does that put him in the "all time list" IF all the other riders in the peleton were on a placebo??? Suddenly, hes goes from being the greatest cyclist of all time to not being a top 100 rider. WHY, because hard training hasn't gotten him them wins but an excessive abuse of a substance.

Why is contador so strong, Armstrong etc. A little substance here, A little substance there BUT BOY they make a difference (ALL WITHIN WADA REGULATION REMEMBER), BUT doping none the less & alot of hard training. Look at the recent positives for DHEA. Zirbel, the third cyclist to test positive for it. All just looking for that extra advantage. But come on fella, an advantage within WADA regulation at least. Lets try to sly it a little instead of going head first into banned, crap, that has hardly no effect on enhancing athletic performance. Jeezz.

Get off EPO's wood, there are better alternatives & both Contador & Armstrong know this. They not that bloody stupid enough to take EPO & get banned when there are better alternative out there. Do not think for 1 minute that Lance is "pure", that he is running on "fumes" & clean as a whistle, he isn't. Its probable he could be taking a secret combination of supplements, only known to him, that works, all within WADA regualtion, BUT, I do not believe for 1 minute hes stupid enough to take EPO, when he knows what I know (and more)... Especially when EPO can get you banned.

Thankyou, lets get with it...

& remember what Riis said when he came out, EPO wasn't all that. Yeah, hes 100% correct about that.

Right from this moment on, Lets start pulling our heads out of our $$'s regarding EPO & looking at the bigger picture.

EPO/HGH/BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS don't keep, or get you to the top of the sport.

So bloody stop going on like it does.

EPO doesn't make you a better rider... Or Riis, Millar, Virenque would have started winning from the get go when they started to consume it, they didn't & when they did reach the top, EPO didn't continue the trend of success.

Proof, EPO makes performances & results fail... History says so...

Don't go on like it does...

EPO & doping in general is so overly exaggerated & overrated, its unbelieveable.

When the sports gets 100% clean, we will still see clean riders producing remarkable performances, times etc without the use of doping.

I want all the upcoming juniors who go on to turn professional to remember, if your going to start honking EPO/HGH etc, you won't come ahead of Cavendish in the sprint, if your going to start honking EPO/HGH etc, your not going to beat Cancellara in TT, if your going to start honking EPO/HGH etc, your not going to take a clean Contador's crown in the Tour, if your going to start honking EPO/HGH etc, your not going to be as great as Armstrong...

Its all people talk about. Sorry, its not the be all, end all... Your wasting your time talking about what such huge influence it has on success in cycling... F all...

Its unfortunate such an evil mixture of chemicals, hormones & vetinary medication wouldn't have worked for any rider in the Kelme team, trying to claim a Tour De France. But there you go. The history of honking dopers states that fact. Maybe you can go ask the Kelme-Costa Blanca team, maybe they will tell you what this crap did for there potentials & performances in the Tours, Classics???.. Suddenly they were beating everyone under the sun. Right?. WRONG. Doping doesn't work.

Live & let die.

Errrrrr. If it didn't work for the Kelme team, then errrrrr.... Whats it gonna do for Armstrong again?...

Thats right...

So what do all the "haters" puts Armstrongs wins down to???... Doping.

Take a walk. Drop the hate.

If EPO is making riders fail, it sure ain't gonna make a Armstrong a winner, lol...

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Deadlift said:
Its simple really, Because there are better alternatives to EPO, all within WADA regulations, substances that have been around since the days of Lemond, Merckx etc... Get with it. Lets stop the BS, going on like EPO is the God-Damn holy grail here guys to athletic performance... Please.

Whos the hell are you to say Lemond wasn't a doper, Merckx etc. Who the hell are you to say Greg "only the sun shines out of my derriere" Lemond didn't consume 10 cups of coffee before the start of each stage. THATS DOPING. Is Lemond gonna admit to doping?, NO, WHY NOT? Cos it was all within regulation back in the day.

Who the hell are you to say Eddie "only the sun shines out of my derriere" Merckx didn't add 2 teaspoons of Bicarbonate of Soda to every water bottle at the start of each refill. THATS DOPING. Is Merckx gonna admit to doping?, NO, WHY NOT? Cos it was all within regulation in the day.

IF that was the case with Merckx. Where does that put him in the "all time list" IF all the other riders in the peleton were on a placebo??? Suddenly, hes goes from being the greatest cyclist of all time to not being a top 100 rider. WHY, because hard training hasn't gotten him them wins but an excessive abuse of a substance.

I have been at the for front & spent the last 16 years of my life getting paid to research substances that influence athletic performance.

Why is contador so strong, Armstrong etc. A little substance here, A little substance there BUT BOY they make a difference (ALL WITHIN WADA REGULATION REMEMBER), BUT doping none the less.

Thankyou...

Welcome. Please refrain from trolling for fights. If I thought you were seriously comparing bicarbonate of soda and coffee to EPO, blood tranfusions, and cortico-steroids then I would engage in a debate. But I think you are just name-dropping to lure angry respondents. I hope you are unsuccessful, but welcome nonetheless.

Deadlift

BANNED
Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
Welcome. Please refrain from trolling for fights. If I thought you were seriously comparing bicarbonate of soda and coffee to EPO, blood tranfusions, and cortico-steroids then I would engage in a debate. But I think you are just name-dropping to lure angry respondents. I hope you are unsuccessful, but welcome nonetheless.

Like I said, I have been at the for front, under lab conditions of substances affecting athletic performance & I'm sorry to rock your boat BUT substances which are currently within WADA guidelines, that have been around since the early days of cycling, have better qualities at improving athletic performance over EPO. There is far more to improving athletic performance than promoting the formation of red blood cells, BELIEVE ME.

Lets not go on like EPO is the be all, end all...

Thankyou...

Deadlift

BANNED
Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Lemond can stick his stance against doping where the sun doesn't shine, because its possible he doped himself.

Armstrong's production of 30, 50+ more watts in recent Tours than in 1999 doesn't come down to EPO. It can easily be achieved by different means & he proved it, he didn't test positive for EPO.

Exert from Lemond "He must be on EPO, he must be on EPO, its the be all, end all".

Stick it.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Deadlift said:
Lemond can stick his stance against doping where the sun doesn't shine, because its possible he doped himself.

Armstrong's production of 30, 50+ more watts in recent Tours than in 1999 doesn't come down to EPO. It can easily be achieved by different means & he proved it, he didn't test positive for EPO.

Again.... who are you talking to?

And maybe when you were at the "far front" for 16 years you missed what Dr. Ashenden had to say about Lance and EPO.

"So there is no doubt in my mind he (Lance Armstrong) took EPO during the '99 Tour." link here.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Deadlift said:
& remember what Riis said when he came out, EPO wasn't all that. Yeah, hes 100% correct about that.

The same Riis who in that same press conference said his haematocrit was never much higher than his natural 41% when Ferrari's records show it as high as 57%?

Yeah, we can totally trust that guy. I mean, if he lies in such a small thing that nobody cares about only due to pride, we can totally trust him with bigger stuff.

Deadlift said:

The same Eddy Merckx who tested positive 4 times?

As trolls go you're an awful one :p

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Without EPO or blood doping, how is it possible to have suche blood profile?
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Deadlift said:
Like I said, I have been at the for front, under lab conditions of substances affecting athletic performance & I'm sorry to rock your boat BUT substances which are currently within WADA guidelines, that have been around since the early days of cycling, have better qualities at improving athletic performance over EPO. There is far more to improving athletic performance than promoting the formation of red blood cells, BELIEVE ME.

Lets not go on like EPO is the be all, end all...

Thankyou...

I would like to BELIEVE YOU but you have stated that there are substances out there that can improve performance at similar or better levels than EPO. But you don't cite any substance or training method. Give me something to believe in.

EPO is not going to be the end all and do all of PED's but right now it is the one with the most scientific proof behind it.

Oh man am I ticked off. I was thinking the other day that it might be pretty funny to set up another user name and start going on about doping from an "expert standpoint" making really *** and outlandish statements. Damn you you stole my idea, but I think you over did it and they are on to you.

Deadlift said:
Whos the hell are you to say Lemond wasn't a doper, Merckx etc. Who the hell are you to say Greg "only the sun shines out of my derriere" Lemond didn't consume 10 cups of coffee before the start of each stage. THATS DOPING. Is Lemond gonna admit to doping?, NO, WHY NOT? Cos it was all within regulation back in the day.

Why not? Because sodium bicarbonate:

1) Has not been shown to produce a performance benefit for endurance cycling. Effects on short time period events are inconclusive, with some studies showing a benefit and others showing no change. You have to suspect the effectiveness of anything that has results that cannot be consistently replicated.
2) Studies that have shown a performance increase are short term exercise lasting less than ten minutes.
2) Causes problems like diarrhea, nausea, and stomanch problems when taken in large doses.
3) Has to be consumed in very large doses to have any discernible effect. Some studies have used 300mg or more per kilo of body weight. Try horking down 21 grams of the stuff some time right before the big climb at the end of the day.
4) Is not banned. Neither is bee pollen, shark cartilidge, and use of ouija boards for training advice

Deadlift

BANNED
Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:

They were false positives.

Officials from cycling's ruling body (UCI), Wada, the French sports ministry and the Tour de France all agree that anti-doping proceedings had not been followed out correctly regarding Armstrongs "false positives in 99'. ' This isn't a 'doping positive.

Armstrong has always pleaded his innocence over never taken performance enhancing drugs such as the not so great EPO.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
well i do lots of caffeine doping already so all i need to do is drink baking soda and im good lol. come on now really? i know nutrition and supplements pretty well and yes various substances do help but there not epo. having more o2 in your blood has a big effect on performance and recovery very simple epo accomplishes this as does blood doping.

Deadlift

BANNED
Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Why not? Because sodium bicarbonate:

1) Has not been shown to produce a performance benefit for endurance cycling. Effects on short time period events are inconclusive, with some studies showing a benefit and others showing no change.

Well I got news for you.

And you completely missed my point. If Merckx incredible feats came from substance abuse over a entire strong peleton that were on a placebo, then he has doped (whos to say he didn't?) & along with forfeiting his greatness.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Deadlift said:
They were false positives.

Officials from cycling's ruling body (UCI), Wada, the French sports ministry and the Tour de France all agree that anti-doping proceedings had not been followed out correctly regarding Armstrongs "false positives in 99'. ' This isn't a 'doping positive.

Armstrong has always pleaded his innocence over never taken performance enhancing drugs such as the not so great EPO.

Ok, now I know you are a troll.

The head of the Tour de France, Patrice Clerc, said that this was "Proof that Armstrong's 7 year reign had been a lie". WADA did not have jurisdiction but said the UCI report was "so lacking in professionalism and objectivity that it borders on farcical"

Deadlift

BANNED
Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:
well i do lots of caffeine doping already so all i need to do is drink baking soda and im good lol. come on now really? i know nutrition and supplements pretty well and yes various substances do help but there not epo. having more o2 in your blood has a big effect on performance and recovery very simple epo accomplishes this as does blood doping.

EPO as a GREAT lactic acid buffer anyone???... Or we all just riding on EPO's 1 meat & 2 veg's magic powers of increasing the formation of red blood cells?...

Deadlift

BANNED
Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Ok, now I know you are a troll.

The head of the Tour de France, Patrice Clerc, said that this was "Proof that Armstrong's 7 year reign had been a lie". WADA did not have jurisdiction but said the UCI report was "so lacking in professionalism and objectivity that it borders on farcical"

If Armstrong was a heavy doper the french would have caught him. The French police are more brutal than the SS when it comes to Americans winning their Tour. So Patrice Clerc, the French & all the haters like yourselves who tarnish his image by fake test results can go take a walk.

Deadlift

BANNED
Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Trolls.................. Not having it one bit.

Deadlift said:
If Armstrong was a heavy doper the french would have caught him. The French police are more brutal than the SS when it comes to Americans winning their Tour. So Patrice Clerc, the French & all the haters like yourselves who tarnish his image by fake test results can go take a walk.

They did catch him. Six positives for EPO.

Deadlift said:

At least you're passionate.

TRENDING THREADS