• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador contract has ended, where will he sign next?

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Where will Contador sign in August?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Lexman said:
Or the contract has a clause which Contador releases in case the team doesn't make the WT, it's as simple as that...

No it´s not!!

There are considerations to take regarding sponsors, staff and riders, sponsor contracts are based on a minimum of foundation that can provide the exposure they pay for, meaning Riis are obligated to ride on the World tour.
And besides, Riis is not this kind of gambler and would risk losing all just to sign AC, the man is a surviver but not a fool.

Fidolix said:
My point is, I have an opinion, you dont like it or argree with it?
Then just say so, trying to be a smartazz dont impress anybody pisto, especially not me ;)
Nuyens win in Vlandern were nice, but fact is the guy got dropped and it was pure luck others were willing to work to catch up with the breakaway. And what have he won since? Nada!!

In Nuyens defense, he has been injured and missed the entire cobbled classics, the races in which he specializes.