• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador offered $12M/year

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
dimspace said:
i dont beleive that they spent ANY money on those bikes...

I think that's right. The Armstrong bikes were works of art created and donated by the particular artist. I assume Trek simply donated the canvas . . . er bike as part of the cause.

As for the wheel situation, who knows. At this point, I really don't care. JB and LA did a bunch of crap to get under AC's skin and it didn't work at the time. Hopefully, he drops it because he's going to have the entire RadioShack team, plus several others gunning for him. He's going to need to be stronger than he's ever been. And frankly smarter. He would do wise to make sure that Vino, Zubeldia, Navarro and others are in top form coming into the TdF, because I think he's going to need him them more than he realizes.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
He would do wise to make sure that Vino, Zubeldia, Navarro and others are in top form coming into the TdF, because I think he's going to need him them more than he realizes.

Just a partial quote on your story b/c it made me wonder - wasn't Navarro gunning to go to Sky a while back? Or was that just a if he could get out of his contract thing?

zoeart said:
Just a partial quote on your story b/c it made me wonder - wasn't Navarro gunning to go to Sky a while back? Or was that just a if he could get out of his contract thing?

I think there was talk of it, but it seems like this year, more than any other year, there was a ton of misinformation or rumor conveyed as fact with respect to transfers. As far as I know he's riding for Navarro--but this is Astana (or Samruk-Kazyna) so anything could change in a moment's notice.