• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador Passes on Spanish TT Championship

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
So riders play the sick card to justify changes in their bio-passports right? What does this mean for Contidope? Taking blood out? Putting blood in? Epo? Any one a got a clue that can fill me in?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else think this "flu" is fake and that Alberto is just looking for an excuse to miss the TdF and avoid a confrontation with Lance?

ttrider

BANNED
Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
people are so dilusional thinking that having flu is some kind of code for doping!
What the hell?! I take it when your ill and miss a cycling race your wife doesnt get suspicous of you transfusing yourself

So stupid its beyond belief! he has a bit of flu get over it!

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
samerics said:
Maybe he's just got the flu!!!

Come on, is it really realistic that a person pushing his body fat percentage to the 3-5% range and putting in painfully hard training could weaken his immune system enough to get a common disease? Isn't it far more likely that it is in fact a ploy to throw away his chance of winning the Tour this year, in order to avoid a confrontation with an Old has-been? I mean just think of how embarrassing it would be if he lost?

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
samerics said:
Maybe he's just got the flu!!!

It's like a Paranoia Convention in here.
:rolleyes:
another boring post by softy here.

and not only that, you're the fourth to post that exact 'observation', well done. so we can add uninventine to your personality. :eek::eek: if i were you i'd just stop posting now

May 25, 2010
Visit site
workingclasshero said:
:rolleyes:
another boring post by softy here.

and not only that, you're the fourth to post that exact 'observation', well done. so we can add uninventine to your personality. :eek::eek: if i were you i'd just stop posting now

Thanks for your sparkling wit and insight on the matter, what would we do without you, oh great working class hero. And a four syllable word in there too! Shame it's not a real one! Uninventine? Click the edit button quick, don't want anyone thinking you're a bigger idiot than they do already.

Anything else??

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
samerics said:
Thanks for your sparkling wit and insight on the matter, what would we do without you, oh great working class hero. And a four syllable word in there too! Shame it's not a real one! Uninventine? Click the edit button quick, don't want anyone thinking you're a bigger idiot than they do already.

Anything else??

too easy :cool:

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Cerberus said:
Come on, is it really realistic that a person pushing his body fat percentage to the 3-5% range and putting in painfully hard training could weaken his immune system enough to get a common disease? Isn't it far more likely that it is in fact a ploy to throw away his chance of winning the Tour this year, in order to avoid a confrontation with an Old has-been? I mean just think of how embarrassing it would be if he lost?
3-5% fat might be little too low, more likely at 6-7 but yes, he could just have the flu and nothing to do with doping.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
FKLance said:
Oh come on! :D

Are we going to have a thread on every rider who gets sick?

Not necessarily but Contadors illness is at an inconvenient time and will allow him to avoid in-competition testing in the lead up to the tour. He will, without a doubt be target for OOC-testing as well but skipping the TT nats is one less test.

Villy Voet stated that many of the Festian riders were either 'injured' or 'altitude training' before the tour instead of participating in the nationals or the other lead up races.

So yes, the discussion whether Contadors abscense from the TT is doping related is very valid.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
its a blessing

if he’s sick it’s a blessing coz he still had 2 weeks to recover

if it’s a lack of confidence, then it’s a blessing his rivals never learned it.

if he's sandbagging the real strength, then it’s a blessing his rivals are quavering in their sidis

you see being an optimist is a blessing :)

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Personally I can't stand the little punk but if he's sick he's sick. Bunch of you folks need to take off your tinfoil hats and get out for a little fresh air.

He won the national tt last year and won the tour very comfortably so i dont see why him skipping it this year would mean anything.

Also since spain is without a doubt the best producer of cyclists at the moment (for class, not for frequency - Italy) does anyone know who he faced last year for the tt and who he would be facing this year. maybe sammu or lls are turning up this year and hes decided its not worth putting in the effort against them.

And are any of his competitors going for the tt. Im guessing andy schleck might but then the luxemburg ntt he can probably win on a bmx. Obviously Lance isnt going, so you cant really count it against contador that hes not taking the tt when other contenders arent either.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts