• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador the new Basso?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 11, 2009
Visit site
he_man said:
hm if Contador goes to Caisse.. he'll get busted.. think Valverde..

best for him to stay with Hog... Lance cant win #8 this tour is confirmation..

he just needs to ride the TdF 2010 for the new team Radio Shack.. he's a marketing machine..

Condator should follow.. if not.. he'll not win another tour.. Andy will

Maybe he is headed for Saxo Bank (he did let Frank win yesterday and perhaps helped Andy into second overall). Saxo Bank needs another good climber on its team.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
benpounder said:
;) As BigBoat has said, if the winner is doping, then everyone else in the top ten is doping.

That's why Armstrong slowed down after the first time check today - he didn't want to be tossed in with the "Definitely doping" crowd!

Honestly, though, every great performance is suspect to me now. I just started assuming everyone's doping, which makes it easier to sit back and enjoy the racing. There's not a single guy in the peloton who's positive control would surprise me.

Except, perhaps, Cadel Evans. If he's doping he's obviously doing it all wrong.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
avanti said:
Maybe he is headed for Saxo Bank (he did let Frank win yesterday and perhaps helped Andy into second overall). Saxo Bank needs another good climber on its team.

I don't think there is anyway Saxo would take Contador. They want good character people on their team and they place a high value on teamwork and the ability to get along with others. He would just not fit in with Saxo. He needs to be the man and the center of attention. I would love to see him go to a bad team. Afterall he told the Times two days ago he does not need a team to win the TDF and he can win the TDF on his own. Which likely he can after watching his performance in the ITT and the Alps. But it would be much more entertaining to watch him fight the whole peleton by himself.

Chomsky said:
I don't think there is anyway Saxo would take Contador. They want good character people on their team and they place a high value on teamwork and the ability to get along with others. He would just not fit in with Saxo. He needs to be the man and the center of attention. I would love to see him go to a bad team. Afterall he told the Times two days ago he does not need a team to win the TDF and he can win the TDF on his own. Which likely he can after watching his performance in the ITT and the Alps. But it would be much more entertaining to watch him fight the whole peleton by himself.

I think it is pretty poor character to continue spreading this nonsense after you were corrected in these forums.

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
According to big Fabian, Contador was getting a tow from the motorbikes and was getting preferential tretment from being in yellow. Might explain it a bit.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Four Winds said:
According to big Fabian, Contador was getting a tow from the motorbikes and was getting preferential tretment from being in yellow. Might explain it a bit.
Didnt Fabian's teammate complain (without any reasonable proof) about this very thing just the other day?

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Wouldn't that be ironic if Contador, both Schlecks are tested positive, and LA wins the Tour de France because he is strongest and cleanest of them all?

I don't know if many from you being americans, but this thread shows very little connsaisance in cycling, very poor!

It's cavendish on dope, it's wiggo on dope, it's all columbia on dope or even the Garmin Girona gang? Not until is proven, then, shup up!!!!

Contador has shown incredible habilities in TT since 2007, even before
He has won TT at Basque country 05, basque country Tour 2008, Paris Nice 2009, Basque country 2009, Spanish Champion 2009, also remarcable TT in all gran tours he has win.

and stop thinking AC will ride for Garmin,:D

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
I think it is pretty poor character to continue spreading this nonsense after you were corrected in these forums.

If you call being corrected your admission that the drivel you continue to post is inspired by an obsessive hate of LA and that everything you post is only true if you take whatever AC said at face value no matter how many people disagree with what he said and that we should always assume JB is conspiring against AC and is of course lying.

It's not to much that not just one person disagrees with Contador but everyone that talks about Contador disgrees and contradicts him. Of course in your mind its just a grand conspiracy against Contador.

You might one to add a disclaimer in a signature to your posts. Let me give you a suggestion. Try this "I am not nuts nor are my posts completely idiotic but they are based on the amazing assumption that there is a world wide conspiracy to discredit Alberto Contador. Being an obsessive person with a quite a vivid imagination I find it my duty to spend all day long posting every 2.3 seconds on these forums protecting his good name against all kinds of vicious slander. Of course that then gives me the right to call others names, make up facts and just be all around know it all. But please put up with me as I am a servant of justice and truth."

I think that should serve you quite well. Please feel free to copy it.

Oh you might want to add Cancellera to your conspiracy list. I wonder how much LA paid him to say those things. He might have gotten a two for one deal with Andy and Frank. But hey who am I to tell an conspiracy expert like yourself about conspiracies. I will leave that to you. Obvioulsy your imagination is much greater than all our combined intellects.

franciep10 said:
Are you kidding I don't think lance won a tt before 99, he was a classics rider at best and also to win stages in the tour, and contador was winning TT even before he came to Discovery. COntador has just focused on his TT.

agree, it's good to bring a bit of memory

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Altimax said:
But Lance was one of the strong TT guys who became a handy climber as was Hinault, Indurain, Merckx, etc. How many pure climbers in the history of the tour have won a 40 km flat TT?

What? Lance was neither a strong TT or a strong climber. He was a decent 1 day racer. After the cancer, he became a strong TT AND climber.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Lemond's efforts here served as the impetus for ultimately revealing the truth and pushing Armstong up on GC?

LeMond, who writes an opinion piece in France's Le Monde newspaper during the Tour, questioned Contador's performance on the final climb to Verbier on stage 15, which the Spaniard won ahead of Andy Schleck by 43 seconds and took over the race lead. The climb came at the end of a 207.5-kilometre stage that also held five other categorised climbs.

"Alberto Contador established a speed record: he went up the 8.5 km climb in 20:55. How to explain such a performance?" wrote LeMond. "He would have required a VO2 max [maximal oxygen consumption] of 99.5 ml / min / kg to produce the effort. To my knowledge, this is a figure that has never been achieved by any athlete in any sport.

"It is like a Mercedes sedan winning a on a Formula 1 circuit. There is something wrong. It would be interesting to know what's under the hood."

Two journalists, one from Le Monde newspaper, asked Contador his VO2 max. Contador refused to answer the questions.

www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-extends-tour-lead-with-stunning-time-trial-win

And if Contador is busted, then the Schlecks might be busted too (their TT times were suspiciously fast for them today too).

Who would that leave in yellow? LOL.

Chomsky said:
If you call being corrected your admission that the drivel you continue to post is inspired by an obsessive hate of LA and that everything you post is only true if you take whatever AC said at face value no matter how many people disagree with what he said and that we should always assume JB is conspiring against AC and is of course lying.

It's not to much that not just one person disagrees with Contador but everyone that talks about Contador disgrees and contradicts him. Of course in your mind its just a grand conspiracy against Contador.

You might one to add a disclaimer in a signature to your posts. Let me give you a suggestion. Try this "I am not nuts nor are my posts completely idiotic but they are based on the amazing assumption that there is a world wide conspiracy to discredit Alberto Contador. Being an obsessive person with a quite a vivid imagination I find it might duty to spend all day long posting every 2.3 seconds on these forums protecting his good name against all kinds of vicious slander. Of course that then gives me the right to call others names, make up facts and just be all around know it all. But please put up with me as I am a servant of justice and truth."

I think that should serve you quite well. Please feel free to copy it.

You are a complete moron. The NY Times article you are citing had an incorrect translation in it. One of the other posters corrected it and even copied you on it. The fact that you continue to spread the incorrect translation is a disgrace. Now how that has anything to do with the nonsense you typed above is beyond me, but that's between you and your therapist.

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:

Yeah, apparently facts don't stand on the way of Chomsky. His style is more in line with Goebbels' propaganda school. Spout the same lie as many times as possible to see if it becomes true. Getting challenged or being proven wrong doesn't matter to him. Repeat the lie, repeat the lie, repeat the lie!

Ninety5rpm said:
Wouldn't it be ironic if Lemond's efforts here served as the impetus for ultimately revealing the truth and pushing Armstong up on GC?
And if Contador is busted, then the Schlecks might be busted too (their TT times were suspiciously fast for them today too).

Too many ifs, even for Pat McQuaid to sort out, without folks noticing.
In anycase, why would he want Bradley Wiggins in yellow?;)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
You are a complete moron. The NY Times article you are citing had an incorrect translation in it. One of the other posters corrected it and even copied you on it. The fact that you continue to spread the incorrect translation is a disgrace. Now how that has anything to do with the nonsense you typed above is beyond me, but that's between you and your therapist.

Isn't it amazing how Contador is continually misinterpreted everyday. I have to commend you. Pure brilliance, This should work very well into your grand conspiracy against King Alberto argument. Of course the media is in league with Lance. Gotta wonder how much he paid those evil Schlecks and Cancellera's as well. That Lance boy is he amazing how he can get everyone to work against your messiah.

But again I strongly encourage to add the signature dsiclaimer I suggested before to your comments. Let me repeat for you so you will not have to page back. "I am not nuts nor are my posts completely idiotic but they are based on the amazing assumption that there is a world wide conspiracy to discredit Alberto Contador. Being an obsessive person with a quite a vivid imagination I find it my duty to spend all day long posting every 2.3 seconds on these forums protecting his good name against all kinds of vicious slander. Of course that then gives me the right to call others names, make up facts and just be all around know it all. But please put up with me as I am a servant of justice and truth."

I will let you go back to your name calling and fantasy posts. But then again I would strongly recommend using the above disclaimer so new people to these forums do not think your nuts.

Ninety5rpm said:

www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-extends-tour-lead-with-stunning-time-trial-win

I'm finding all of this entertaining. If the course was another 200 meters long, Contador loses and we don't hear anything more about it. But yes, if he test positive, and then Andy Schleck, Lance would inherit the MJ assuming he also doesn't test positive, get bitten by a black mamba or doesn't get dropped on Ventoux by any number of other riders.

Chomsky said:
Isn't it amazing how Contador is continually misinterpreted everyday. I ahve to commend you. Pure brilliance, This should work very well into your grand conspiracy against King Alberto argument. Of course the media is in league with Lance. Gotta wonder how much he paid those evil Schlecks and Cancellera's as well. That Lance boy is he amazing how he can get everyone to work against your messiah.

But again I strongly encourage to add the signature dsiclaimer I suggested before to your comments. Let me repeat for you so you will not have to page back. "I am not nuts nor are my posts completely idiotic but they are based on the amazing assumption that there is a world wide conspiracy to discredit Alberto Contador. Being an obsessive person with a quite a vivid imagination I find it my duty to spend all day long posting every 2.3 seconds on these forums protecting his good name against all kinds of vicious slander. Of course that then gives me the right to call others names, make up facts and just be all around know it all. But please put up with me as I am a servant of justice and truth."

Mistranslation. Not misunderstood. There is a difference.

And I called you a moron because it is the only to explain your insane posts. Well I guess I could have called you paranoid or delusional, but I digress.

TRENDING THREADS