• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cookson is worse for cycling than McQuaid

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
thehog said:
He won't get his emergency TUEs approved and perhaps no forward planning on testing. The UCI will decide what program the Dawg gets.

Dawg doesn't look realistic enough. At least Porte looks like a bike rider.

So.. No more vitaminamulch for Chris Crophopper :p

Or rather he's going back to the gold ol days of Barloworld style vitaminamulch...

mrhender said:
So.. No more vitaminamulch for Chris Crophopper :p

Or rather he's going back to the gold ol days of Barloworld style vitaminamulch...

Must be careful on how much gear you give the Dawg. He tends to overuse drugs and then goes on mutant attacks with zero tactical sense.

There's always one guy who wants to take an extra hit and fry an egg over his head. Generally to dire consequences.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
thehog said:
Must be careful on how much gear you give the Dawg. He tends to overuse drugs and then goes on mutant attacks with zero tactical sense.

There's always one guy who wants to take an extra hit and fry and egg over his head. Generally to dire consequences.

Actually I agree...

I thought they would stop him last year, as all the signs where there..

Maybe they tried. I dunno.. But at least he seemed more in contact with the human race... I think all these issues with Froome and Wiggins are mostly due to poor leadership.. Brailsford is a proven disaster..
He is an acheiver, not a developer/maintenance guy... And he clearly has no ability to handle inner controversy in his team..

Cookson was in a bad spot from the get go.. Closely linked with USPS version 2 and a lot of naive promises.. I think he's gone to denial mode and let things run it's course.. More powerful players then him are dictating the UCI imo...

thehog said:
Agreed. Even Brailsford signalled the French renaissance was eminent.

Need to share the Tour victories around to keep cycling delveoping in new countries but don't want to lose the old guard of Italy and France. Probably going to need a South American winner soon and dare I say an American winner to erase Lance completely. Not sure they'll risk having Ryder winning the Tour.

The UCI will get this organised now they are in full control of testing and the judiciary.

I don't think not even JV dares to risk having Ryder winning the Tour.
after Alberto and Nibali have retired of at least reduced their strength, USA will have Talansky and TJ to fight for the Tour (if they can keep the rubber side up)
Quintana is the best choice.
or even another Aussie win with Richie, after he signs with Orica (even if it will be less fun than seeing him winning with Sky) you know, the clinic has "un traitement favorable" pour les Sky ;)
the one I would prefer is Konig (just if he's still riding for Sky obviously) remember his 5th place in the final TT of the Tour

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Porte is a 2nd tier. If he ever wins a GT it will be worse than Wiggo's dire victory. No flair a flat riding style. He always looks boring and smug, he just has no style.
Ryder on the other hand has bags of style looks great on his bike and I would love him win another GT. He his one of the few riders who can blow a race apart. If he gets the bit of luck that you need to win a GT then one of his crazy attacks could pay off big time.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
UCI handling all aspects of WT testing in 2015 in direct contravention to the WADA standard.

Cookson bringing the changes we all hoped for!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
UCI handling all aspects of WT testing in 2015 in direct contravention to the WADA standard.

Cookson bringing the changes we all hoped for!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Not to first time the UCI have gone against WADA under Cookson.

But as long as Cookson follows his own rules then it's all good.

Where’s Francesca Rossi?

The rarely seen, anti-doping czar has made an appearance!

Rossi insisted that "doping is not inscribed in sport", but rather that "it is in inscribed in the individual".

"We need to focus on education," she added.

"Education can stop doping.

http://www.insidethegames.biz/sport...out-doping-at-younger-age-claims-head-of-cadf

I'm speechless.

Here's some great backgroun on Ms. Rossi: http://inrng.com/2011/08/francesca-rossi-missing/

Ms. Rossi's words suggest 2015 will be just crazy.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/uci-blocks-iam-cyclings-personalised-jerseys-153396

IAM Cycling’s plans to have personalised shirts for each of their riders have been blocked by the UCI.

The Swiss squad, who join the WorldTour for 2015, had originally designed their jerseys with the rider’s name under the IAM logo on the back.

once again the UCI is on top of what really matters, kit design.

Cycling Weekly has contacted the UCI for a clarification on the ruling and is awaiting a reply.

coming to a PDF near you soon..

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Apparently uniform uniformity is a bigger fetish with ruling bodies. Marshawn Lynch would have been ejected if he attempted to wear gold cleats in Sundays NFC championship (NFL) game or so the reports claimed.

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
sniper said:

Johnny sideburns was a lousy cyclist and an incompetent doper. Now, he is the manager of a perennially mediocre team and a petty little man. Finally, the fairy dust of his incessant argyle PR drone has washed away and you have to ask yourself; is JV a lousy manager too, or is everybody else doping and he just doesn't have the balls to talk about it?

Lance is on our side now. Thinks Cookson is a joke.

Armstrong was more critical of Cookson, who succeeded Pat McQuaid as president of cycling's world governing body in late 2013.

He said "everybody thinks" Astana should have been stripped of their World Tour licence after five positive doping cases relating to their team last year. But even if Cookson's hands were tied, which the Briton says they were due to a precedent set at the Court of Arbitration for Sport, Armstrong says he should have done more to force Astana manager Alexandre Vinokourov, Tinkoff-Saxo's Bjarne Riis and others to cooperate with cycling's independent reform commission [CIRC], which is shortly to deliver its report into cycling's doping culture.

Armstrong himself has spoken to the three-man panel twice and is hoping the commission recommends a reduction in his lifetime ban.

"If McQuaid had made the same decisions Cookson has made in his first year, he would have been lynched," Armstrong said, citing the Astana case and Team Sky's fast-tracked request for corticosteroids to treat Froome's chest infection at the Tour of Romandy. "Do we like what we have got so far?"

"If I'm Brian Cookson, I would make it a deal point that you have to come in and talk," he added of testifying to the CIRC. "So if Riis doesn't talk to you, or Vinokourov doesn't, there should be consequences. I don't know those to be examples, but I can imagine.

"If you don't come in to talk, you don't just get passed."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...or-putting-them-through-doping-questions.html

TRENDING THREADS