Cookson is worse for cycling than McQuaid

Page 51 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
DirtyWorks said:
Maybe Wonderboy is getting ready to fight like Landis. Thom and Makarov wanted McQuaid gone. Hmmm. This might get interesting.

Maybe the UCI is preparing itself for that.

Other than that, it's crazy this guy has an opinion like that.
Sounds like Lance didn't get his ban reduction. My take is McQuiad is ready to go full genius once the report is released. He knows stuff "inside the UCI".
 
thehog said:
Sounds like Lance didn't get his ban reduction. My take is McQuiad is ready to go full genius once the report is released. He knows stuff "inside the UCI".
Genius questions: Why do you expect McQuaid to go full genius? What kind of stuff would you expect him to reveal? And what exactly would Pat gain from this?
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Samson777 said:
Genius questions: Why do you expect McQuaid to go full genius? What kind of stuff would you expect him to reveal? And what exactly would Pat gain from this?
McQuaid wont go full genius unless he has a slush fund stashed away in swissbankland, even then, he would be damaging his sons future in the sport should he blow the sports dirt out into the open, he may threaten to leak some information, but doubt even that will happen.
 
Benotti69 said:
McQuaid wont go full genius unless he has a slush fund stashed away in swissbankland, even then, he would be damaging his sons future in the sport should he blow the sports dirt out into the open, he may threaten to leak some information, but doubt even that will happen.
He probably has don't he? What else was his reign about, if not that..

But otherwise I tend to agree with you. But Hog still haven't explained his reasons for his statement, so I will suspend judgement, until this takes place..
 
Samson777 said:
He probably has don't he? What else was his reign about, if not that..

But otherwise I tend to agree with you. But Hog still haven't explained his reasons for his statement, so I will suspend judgement, until this takes place..
Hog will explain on Tuesday.
I don't see any reason for McQuaid to open his mouth, he is out and he got away with it. Unless some much bigger smoking gun is uncovered that he can escape from only by throwing others under the bus, he is retired and living off all the bribe money with the reputation he wants to think he has.:rolleyes:
 
Apr 30, 2013
19
0
0
Noone needs any advice from that loser/doper LA

... Why anyone would want to listen to more of LAs lies, is a mystery to me. He never did or said anything unless it was helpful to lining his own pocket. you can be sure he didn't provide much of use to the commission. USADA got all that is needed from this idiot.

Brian C is such a professional and great administrator. He's not going to be bothered what LA or his lackies say or think. They are worthless. All they have to offer are full confessions with names of those who helped them. If they cared about the future of cycling, they'd tell all and get the enablers locked up. .... How about LA starts by shopping that weasle Ferrari! .... Then we might start to believe LA means anything when he talks about forgiveness! .... Over to you LA! ... the silence is deafening!
 
antmills said:
... Why anyone would want to listen to more of LAs lies, is a mystery to me. He never did or said anything unless it was helpful to lining his own pocket. you can be sure he didn't provide much of use to the commission. USADA got all that is needed from this idiot.

Brian C is such a professional and great administrator. He's not going to be bothered what LA or his lackies say or think. They are worthless. All they have to offer are full confessions with names of those who helped them. If they cared about the future of cycling, they'd tell all and get the enablers locked up. .... How about LA starts by shopping that weasle Ferrari! .... Then we might start to believe LA means anything when he talks about forgiveness! .... Over to you LA! ... the silence is deafening!
Come on. I'm the last to defend LA, but Cookson can't be the man of change, any more than Obama.
 
antmills said:
... Why anyone would want to listen to more of LAs lies, is a mystery to me. He never did or said anything unless it was helpful to lining his own pocket. you can be sure he didn't provide much of use to the commission. USADA got all that is needed from this idiot.

Brian C is such a professional and great administrator. He's not going to be bothered what LA or his lackies say or think. They are worthless. All they have to offer are full confessions with names of those who helped them. If they cared about the future of cycling, they'd tell all and get the enablers locked up. .... How about LA starts by shopping that weasle Ferrari! .... Then we might start to believe LA means anything when he talks about forgiveness! .... Over to you LA! ... the silence is deafening!
:eek: 10.......
 
Samson777 said:
He probably has don't he? What else was his reign about, if not that..

But otherwise I tend to agree with you. But Hog still haven't explained his reasons for his statement, so I will suspend judgement, until this takes place..
Hog's idea is an interesting possibility. Remember, they've got a new supranational committee to sanction the sport's actors. No need for NADOs or national federations. Just ban the sport's enemies as needed, more or less secretly.
 
DirtyWorks said:
Hog's idea is an interesting possibility. Remember, they've got a new supranational committee to sanction the sport's actors. No need for NADOs or national federations. Just ban the sport's enemies as needed, more or less secretly.
It's Tuesday is it not? ;)

McQuaid wants revenge. He's still in contact with many at the UCI. He doesn't like JV. There are some within the UCI who are not impressed by Cookson. Smaller nations who McQuaid would push a lot of money and events their way.

McQuaid is not ethical but hey this is politics.

“He was very much made a scapegoat, there was a witch hunt after Armstrong,” McQuaid told BBC Radio 5 live, before adding that he had “a certain sympathy” with the American.

“That’s the way it was,” said McQuaid. “USADA wanted a big name. They weren’t really interested in the smaller riders and also they made deals with the smaller riders in order to get the information they needed on the big guys.

“I can have a certain sympathy because I don’t think in sport, people in those situations, I think they should be treated equally.”
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jan/28/cycling-lance-armstrong-scapegoat-mcquaid
 
DirtyWorks said:
Hahaa! I spoke too soon. Yeah, those new riders did you in. Wow. Man do I LOVE this sport. It's worse than open mic night.
The gift that keeps on giving. I'm still trying to grapple with Armstrong apologising to Froome. Surely he knows it's not normal?
 
Aug 2, 2012
5,971
1
0
fat

thick as thieves forever for all time

fat pat says 'poor lance'.......................and others think that cookson is worse

Mark L
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
ebandit said:
thick as thieves forever for all time

fat pat says 'poor lance'.......................and others think that cookson is worse

Mark L
As Garmin and Sky amply demonstrate, it's deeds that count, words mean zilk.
Nobody doubts Cookson is better with words.
His deeds however don't indicate any sort of genuine change in terms of antidoping.
But let's give him more time.
 
argyllflyer said:
McQuaid's role in trying to block the USADA investigation should never be forgotten. A shill to Armstrong and a vile, putrid smear on the history of the sport.
Yes, he tried to block USADA but USADA prevailed, so he flipped sides and said Armstrong has no place in cycling. Now McQuaid flips sides again and says Armstrong was the scapegoat. Pat the Fat will say anything at any time to suit himself. Remember when he called Hamilton and Landis scumbags?
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
ebandit said:
thick as thieves forever for all time

fat pat says 'poor lance'.......................and others think that cookson is worse

Mark L
Dont worry.......... Cookson will in a few years be saying.........."Poor Wigans, Poor Chris, made scapegoats for others sins".............
 
Aug 2, 2012
5,971
1
0
maybe

Benotti69 said:
Dont worry.......... Cookson will in a few years be saying.........."Poor Wigans, Poor Chris, made scapegoats for others sins".............
maybe?................call me a realist but i consider what is to be worse than

what may be........................

why? hope for things to be......................worse

Mark L
 
Feb 23, 2011
618
0
0
Nobody like old Pat McQ to make a sensible statement.

I cant remember his name Mark something (Armstrongs spokesperson) who kept coming out with these comical statements around the time of the USADA investigation.

Reminded me of the Iraqi Information minister Comical Ali.

Wonderboy and Comical Mark.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BlueRoads The Clinic 2

ASK THE COMMUNITY