• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cookson is worse for cycling than McQuaid

Page 90 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
kingjr said:
Benotti69 said:
Funny to reread Cookson's election manifesto. Pure comedy.
Just like any application letter.

Not mine, but yes any politician, business person or in particular sports administrator, make em laugh! :lol:

I re-read Cookson's original election manifesto. He successfully managed to fulfill none of what he promised, even in relation to women's salaries. He did manage the CiRC report but when it didn't say what he wanted it to say, he quickly swept it under the carpet, there were too many references to cortisone and skinny riders that might impact Sky.

He certainly is a Grade A chump Cookson.

Re:

King Boonen said:
Listening to Sapstead now. No wonder Freeman hasn't turned up, this is not sounding good.

It was entirely awful, I actually felt bad for Cope as like many before him, Brailsford left him hanging. Sapstead really only reacted when the spotlight was on her. If this never got as far as the CMS hearings her report would have been "no violations found". It just goes to show that UKAD, UKsport have no way of controlling Sky or Brailsford. He does as he pleases.

Freeman is toast, not just for losing his job but the GMC will investagte stripping him of his medical licence.

Interestingly UKAD found after cortisone orders to feed an entire peloton, whether for one rider or many is unclear. Drug abuse at minimum.

Not sure where this will go. There's simply nothing UKAD can do as there are no records. My sense is Sky will have to back off the cortisone and find another way to cheat the system.

Sad day all round that it was allowed to get this far.... looking at you David Walsh.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

thehog said:
..looking at you David Walsh.

The way he bought into all the "attention for detail" crap and tried to sell it to his readers...
Now what do we have, an organization built on the claim of cleanliness and attention to detail, did not keep records that could actually proof they live by that mission statement.

sniper said:
thehog said:

The way he bought into all the "attention for detail" crap and tried to sell it to his readers...
Now what do we have, an organization built on the claim of cleanliness and attention to detail, did not keep records that could actually proof they live by that mission statement.

Journalists should realise stories where you are embedded in an organisation lack validity, unless you do the same with 3 or 4 organisations, and then write a compare and contrast article/s.

sniper said:
thehog said:

Walsh knew all along if he didn't look for it, he'd never find it and ride this donkey to retirement. Good to see he's out there on Twitter pretending he knew all along about Wiggins's cortisone abuse. He's a total waste of space.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking Walsh was taken aside before he embedded with Sky and was told. Enjoy the ride and keep your job or follow Kimmage out of a job. He probably got a pay rise and some nice extras.

Walsh dare not show his face near a bike race ever again.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
If Walsh had any balls he'd being aiming for Cookson. Cookson was there in BC from beginning and was part of the Sky set up.

Cookson's re-election looking like an uphill struggle.

thehog said:
King Boonen said:
Listening to Sapstead now. No wonder Freeman hasn't turned up, this is not sounding good.

It was entirely awful, I actually felt bad for Cope as like many before him, Brailsford left him hanging. Sapstead really only reacted when the spotlight was on her. If this never got as far as the CMS hearings her report would have been "no violations found". It just goes to show that UKAD, UKsport have no way of controlling Sky or Brailsford. He does as he pleases.

Freeman is toast, not just for losing his job but the GMC will investagte stripping him of his medical licence.

Interestingly UKAD found after cortisone orders to feed an entire peloton, whether for one rider or many is unclear. Drug abuse at minimum.

Not sure where this will go. There's simply nothing UKAD can do as there are no records. My sense is Sky will have to back off the cortisone and find another way to cheat the system.

Sad day all round that it was allowed to get this far.... looking at you David Walsh.

I've not had chance to listen to it all but the things that stood out were the amount of triamcinolone ordered was excessive for one rider, which would suggest systematic use by more than one rider (denied by DB?) and that Freeman lost his laptop on holiday!

I have done research in NHS hospitals and they are ridiculously paranoid about patient records. No computers leave the site that have records on them in the 4 hospitals I work in. Only NHS pendrives worked, they were password protected an they could not be used on non-NHS computers. There will obviously be some leeway for doctors travelling with people abroad, but the idea that Freeman would have a laptop with confidential patient information with him on holiday, which would indicate a personal use laptop, is really, really worrying to me.

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site

King Boonen said:
thehog said:
King Boonen said:

I've not had chance to listen to it all but the things that stood out were the amount of triamcinolone ordered was excessive for one rider, which would suggest systematic use by more than one rider (denied by DB?) and that Freeman lost his laptop on holiday!

I have done research in NHS hospitals and they are ridiculously paranoid about patient records. No computers leave the site that have records on them in the 4 hospitals I work in. Only NHS pendrives worked, they were password protected an they could not be used on non-NHS computers. There will obviously be some leeway for doctors travelling with people abroad, but the idea that Freeman would have a laptop with confidential patient information with him on holiday, which would indicate a personal use laptop, is really, really worrying to me.

GMC must surely take action on this - and time to re-open an enquiry into Dr Bonar, perhaps?

Re:

MmeDesgrange said:
Walsh's schtick now is throwing Wiggins under the bus to protect Froome - but all that extra kenalog was for somebody

Well that's really no problem; we're obviously looking for someone who underwent a miraculous transformation in 2011 when Sky decided to go hardcore into doping, & Fr....... Ooooooooooohhhhh

MmeDesgrange said:
King Boonen said:
thehog said:
King Boonen said:

GMC must surely take action on this - and time to re-open an enquiry into Dr Bonar, perhaps?
I don't be know enough about it to know whether what he supposedly did would cause him to be investigated by the GMC. It sounded like Sapstead and UKAD found resistance at every point and were only allowed access to the info Sky/BC thought was relevant. I would assume that the GMC would take an interest in this if it comes onto their radar, beyond that I don't have a clue I'm afraid, I'm not that kind of doctor.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Cookson hiding with Saudi Princes rather than deal with Sky/BC fallout.

Cycling a circus that keeps the entertainment level turned up to 11!!!

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:

Maybe because he was an executive at British Cycling when Freeman was sticking needles into Brailsford? I'd skip country too. Wouldn't want anyone to remember I exist and all that.

John Swanson

May 26, 2010
Visit site

ScienceIsCool said:
Benotti69 said:

Maybe because he was an executive at British Cycling when Freeman was sticking needles into Brailsford? I'd skip country too. Wouldn't want anyone to remember I exist and all that.

John Swanson

Wonder was Cookie getting the old Kenacort injection to ride his bike?

Brailsford a junkie, hey who would've thought????? :lol:

Cookson is some clown to have in charge. Gone into hiding as per usual since the further revelations at Westminster last week.

Is he worse than McQuaid. I'd say he's definitely no better and lacks any kind of authority or leadership. Has shown absolutely no desire to change the culture within cycling.

I'm hoping that as soon as the rich seam that is BC / Sky / Freeman / Wiggo dies down, then the media will start hunting down other stories - like this joker's role in the affair, and the results of Froome et al. My only fear is that they will lose interest when the main show is over.

I'm beginning respect Lance more and more as time goes on.

2vjtzlu.jpg

TRENDING THREADS