• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cookson is worse for cycling than McQuaid

Page 98 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank God that bumbling idiot has gone. I'm sure Froome's career will suffer as a result, as will team Sky. They'll probably have a very unfortunate run of injuries or something else off the bike that prevents them dominating next year. Cycling should be interesting to watch again for that reason alone.

The landslide nature of the victory is a huge surprise given that Cookson had 4 years to manoeuvre himslef into an unassailable position to get re-elected. His over-confidence came back to bite him (or was it just false bravado) but I don't think too many will be sad to see him gone.

Lolz. ASO's guy, the guy who almost ended women's racing in France, who was heavily backed by Bruyneel and HWMNBN, and lobbyied for by the Big Man himself, is in by a landslide! Guess we're really going to test out that title hypothesis.

I call shotgun on setting up Kimmage's new legal defence fund.

Re:

ontheroad said:
The landslide nature of the victory is a huge surprise given that Cookson had 4 years to manoeuvre himslef into an unassailable position to get re-elected. His over-confidence came back to bite him (or was it just false bravado) but I don't think too many will be sad to see him gone.

Let’s get rid of the iPads and get Froome’s wheels checked today :arrow: :eek:

Re:

carton said:
Lolz. ASO's guy, the guy who almost ended women's racing in France, who was heavily backed by Bruyneel and HWMNBN, and lobbyied for by the Big Man himself, is in by a landslide! Guess we're really going to test out that title hypothesis.

Its like hearing that some douchebag crimelord has been taken out by police.

Sure, someone equally horrible may replace them, but let us all rejoice for today that the witch is dead.

Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
carton said:

Its like hearing that some ***** crimelord has been taken out by police.

Sure, someone equally horrible may replace them, but let us all rejoice for today that the witch is dead.

Have you been watching Narcos too?

Crookson GONE!!!
SKY management shouldn't be happy with that outcome one bit :D

Hope the election of Lappartient brings a "power balance" sacked by the UK & SKY grip, so the spot as a whole can appear somewhat "credible" - specially by looking deep into the motor doping matter & hunting down the cheaters, & facilitators of that technology..

The Hitch said:
rick james said:
telencefalus said:
a very very good news , but team sky will dominate another year to not make suspects i fear , but WHO KNOWS
Lol what the hell has this got to do with team sky? Nothing for them is going to change
Aren't there several links between crookson and team sky?
come back in a year and tell me if anything's changed, sky won't be affected one bit by todays news

May 26, 2010
Visit site
rick james said:
The Hitch said:
rick james said:
telencefalus said:
a very very good news , but team sky will dominate another year to not make suspects i fear , but WHO KNOWS
Lol what the hell has this got to do with team sky? Nothing for them is going to change
Aren't there several links between crookson and team sky?
come back in a year and tell me if anything's changed, sky won't be affected one bit by todays news

For sure, Sky bought off ASO in 2012 and are still handing over the brown envelopes.

New UCI President, SSDD.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
rick james said:
I can't even count how many pictures I've seen of Cookson riding in full Sky kit. He ran British Cycling and was around during the development of Sky. Considering that BC staff ran tasks for Sky, I'd say the links are there and the optics of it all were horrible. If he wasn't pulling strings for Sky, he certainly didn't make himself appear neutral.

John Swanson

TRENDING THREADS