• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cookson V McQuaid who do you think ???

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Speeches from candidates starting

Comparing the candidates, one big advantage Cookson has is his push for transparency. Everyone will know very quickly whether he stands by this.

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Robert21 said:
If you do believe that, then your understanding of politics is woefully inadequate. :)

frenchfry said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but it appears that so far there was an open vote on whether or not to have a secret vote on whether or not to vote today on an ammendment that modifies who they can vote for. The result was that they voted openly to have a secret vote on whether or not to vote, which ended in a tie so they will not vote on the ammendment. Now they will have to decide (vote?) on whether or not McQuaid can be a candidate, after which there will be a vote for President of the UCI, unless McQuaid is deemed ineligible in which case there will not be a vote and Cookson will become president as the only candidate.

yup, pretty good summary

May 26, 2010
Visit site
leon7766 said:
Are you saying Brian Cookson is a crook because surely that's a serious accusation to throw at someone or did you just spell it wrong

Not the wrong spelling. Unless I am mistaken Cookson was not born yesterday and has been part of cycling for a long time and on the UCI management committee that approved suing Kimmage and Landis.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
if cookson wins, there will be, however uncertain and remote, at least a chance of exposing the verbruggen-armstrong fraud...the alternative means there is NO chance. atm, this would be my biggest driver if i had a vote.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
python said:
if cookson wins, there will be, however uncertain and remote, at least a chance of exposing the verbruggen-armstrong fraud...the alternative means there is NO chance. atm, this would be my biggest driver if i had a vote.

That is all that is in his favour, but that would damage UCI (hard to damage it more) even more and make the sport truly the cesspit sport of doping, cheating and fraud in the publics opinion.

But then we would have to hope someone will oust Cookson to expose the BC/Sky/ASO/UCI fraud ;)

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
That is all that is in his favour, but that would damage UCI (hard to damage it more) even more and make the sport truly the cesspit sport of doping, cheating and fraud in the publics opinion.

But then we would have to hope someone will oust Cookson to expose the BC/Sky/ASO/UCI fraud ;)

If there is at least clean team than that team is Sky. I can find dirt on all teams, the smallest amount of it about Sky.

But haters can keep dreaming :rolleyes:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
EnacheV said:
If there is at least clean team than that team is Sky. I can find dirt on all teams, the smallest amount of it about Sky.

But haters can keep dreaming :rolleyes:

Hate doping yep, that would be me. You like doping even the 'smallest amount'. Imagine calling a doping doctor a small amount! Jeez!

Back on topic.

McQuaid not going to lose this vote. Too many snouts sharing the trough!

Benotti69 said:
Hate doping yep, that would be me. You like doping even the 'smallest amount'. Imagine calling a doping doctor a small amount! Jeez!

Back on topic.

McQuaid not going to lose this vote. Too many snouts sharing the trough!

I'm with you Benotti - I think he'll get in but I hope not. Would be an interesting lunch break there though I reckon.

No way is this not going to CAS.

Get in!

Equally... :-/

The whole friggin shambles needs to be torn down - today was the perfect example of exactly what is wrong with the UCI and cycling.

Why would riders take any notice of rules if those making the rules don't take any notice of them?

I certainly don't know if Cookson is the man to make it any better, but dog-almighty he certainly can't make it any worse.

TRENDING THREADS