• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Coolest Names in the Peloton*

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

RedheadDane said:
That's… a relief. I like long(ish) names that roll off the tongue.
That name does not roll off anything!

Yeah, because a person with the name Filip Marko Cfrankjkoviengic just doesn't exist. PCS - you know, the site with the most amazing database ™ - just mixed up two different Croatian riders - Filip Cengic and Marko Frankovic - into one person.

Re: Re:

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
RedheadDane said:

Yeah, because a person with the name Filip Marko Cfrankjkoviengic just doesn't exist. PCS - you know, the site with the most amazing database ™ - just mixed up two different Croatian riders - Filip Cengic and Marko Frankovic - into one person.

Perhaps they can be persuaded to ride a tandem under this name.

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
RedheadDane said:

So what you're saying is that they cloned Birgitte Krogsgaard (Andersen)*, but merged those two guys into one rider? This genetic manipulation of innocent cyclists is getting suspicious...
Though it does seem like it was just on the birthday list they've been merged. They each got their own personal page.

*See women's race thread.

I've just checked PCS today and found out there is a rider named Blake Quick... and he seems to be a quick guy indeed as he finished 2nd in a sprint, ahead of Pelucchi, Reguigui and McCabe!

P.S. just realised that he is only 19. Might be a rider to watch for the future.

Re:

RedheadDane said:
Soraya Paladin. :cool:
There's a name that wouldn't feel out of place in an epic fantasy story.
Depends on the arrangement, I suppose.
But, regardless of it, you could portray her in a lyric manner... "The long eyelashes were overlaying her ruddy cheekbones and white face..."
That could fit in any setting.

I will not stop spamming this thread!

The names you come across when you check the PCS birthday-list daily (ignoring the earlier attempt at merging to riders):
Apparently there's an Egyptian conti rider called Islam Ramadan. That's like a... US rider called Christian Fast.

Anderis said:
RedheadDane said:
Apparently there's an Egyptian conti rider called Islam Ramadan. That's like a... US rider called Christian Fast.
You might want to clarify if you meant an adjective "fast" or a noun "fast".

Or a verb… not that I think it matters most; people are not gonna care if a name is an adjective, a noun, or a verb.
But I also realised that Christian Easter might be a better example.

RedheadDane said:
Anderis said:
RedheadDane said:
You might want to clarify if you meant an adjective "fast" or a noun "fast".

Or a verb… not that I think it matters most; people are not gonna care if a name is an adjective, a noun, or a verb.
But I also realised that Christian Easter might be a better example.

Is that a person who is more from the East than one from Sjælland?

TRENDING THREADS