• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Coolest Names in the Peloton*

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I was delighted to read of Qhubeka CT's Luca Coati

images

Reactions: Sandisfan
Yeah, these aren't people! However, I made this thread, therefore I gets to dictate what's acceptable in here.

I just want to draw your attention to some rather greatly named teams!

First:

Start Cycling Team 2021 (procyclingstats.com)

Guess it's the team for people who want to start cycling.

And then:

Women Cycling Team 2021 (procyclingstats.com)

Exactly what it says on the tin!

Let's add Team Work Service to the list, because I like the idea of them working well together. Apart from Rebellin, they also have Philip Deignan's Italian counterpart, Filippo Dignani, on the payroll.

He may not be riding clean, but he has a big engine (I presume)

"Active between 2021 and 2021" brief career...

The guy on the right hand side here, for Saitel, just finished 3rd in the Tour de Galapagos (no, really. He's an Ecuadorian prospect). His name is clearly one for this thread. His name is STALIN PUENTESTAR.

Stalin Wladimir Puentestar Vásquez to be precise.

STALIN. I mean, I know there's a long-standing history of (sometimes interestingly-spelled) US-inspired names in Latin America (Jefferson Cepeda, both the Androni one known as Álex and the Caja Rural one known as Jefferson, Jackson Rodríguez, and so on), but when one's parents are the other way politically inclined... surely there are better role models to pick?

EpNKYkOWMAAUe7d

The guy on the right hand side here, for Saitel, just finished 3rd in the Tour de Galapagos (no, really. He's an Ecuadorian prospect). His name is clearly one for this thread. His name is STALIN PUENTESTAR.

STALIN. I mean, I know there's a long-standing history of (sometimes interestingly-spelled) US-inspired names in Latin America (Jefferson Cepeda, both the Androni one known as Álex and the Caja Rural one known as Jefferson, Jackson Rodríguez, and so on), but when one's parents are the other way politically inclined... surely there are better role models to pick?

EpNKYkOWMAAUe7d

His hair doesn't look like it would be approved by Stalin or Putin, though.
I'm a bit fond of his belly-button, by the way.

Ecuador's president (!) is named Lenin Moreno, that's pretty wild too.

• Wow

EpNKYkOWMAAUe7d

Cycling's answer to football's Marx Lênin.

• Haha
I was just having a look at the startlist of Giro Ciclistico d'Italia: http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_idd=MzA1Mjk=
Almost half of the riders have either the same last name as another rider I already know or a name that seems very similar to another rider I already know.

But the best of all is the Italian version of Simon Carr- Simone Carro. EF really need to sign him for 2022. :p

I was just having a look at the startlist of Giro Ciclistico d'Italia: http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_idd=MzA1Mjk=
Almost half of the riders have either the same last name as another rider I already know or a name that seems very similar to another rider I already know.

But the best of all is the Italian version of Simon Carr- Simone Carro. EF really need to sign him for 2022. :p

Simone Carro is the new Simon Carr with additional letters

TRENDING THREADS