• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Coolest Names in the Peloton*

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I was just having a look at the startlist of Giro Ciclistico d'Italia: http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_idd=MzA1Mjk=
Almost half of the riders have either the same last name as another rider I already know or a name that seems very similar to another rider I already know.

But the best of all is the Italian version of Simon Carr- Simone Carro. EF really need to sign him for 2022. :p
unbelievable nobody mentions not one vino BUT TWO OF THEM :oops:

Nicolas and Alexandre, imagine having both of them in pros

This rider has been in WT for 1.5 years already but I've never realised how fine his name was:
Calling Doctor Howard Doctor Fine Doctor Howard :D

Cycling's answer to football's Marx Lênin.
Where does that leave Lenin Montenegro?

He may not be riding clean, but he has a big engine (I presume)

There's a nickname for this guy on the tip of my tongue, and it makes me cry in shame that I've forgotten it. I'll have a soul revival when I remember it.

Not a name in the peloton, but a name with a peloton.

TF GD Dorigo MO Biemmereti MO Ettore e Cristiano Floriani MO Emilio Mazzero
As far as my very new and limited Italian can identify (a lockdown activity via Duolingo), there were 4 junior events, three of them named after honoured deceased members of the club, run by a club in Pieve di Soligo, a small town in Treviso, which have since united into one event, but retaining all 4 names (but which they now seem to want to promote under the more economical name "Internazionale Juniores"). Whether the victor leaves, like a competitor in the cabbages round of Crackerjack, trying to carry 4 trophies at once, is unclear.

A very respectable winners and podium list

Being active between 0 and 2021 sounds scary.

Meanwhile this guy should be Roglic's friend:

"Skok" means a jump in Polish and in Slovenian too if we are to believe Google Translate.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It wouldn't surprise me if this man isn't the luckiest rider around.
Sorry: That one might need explaining (unless I am being particularly obtuse this morning).

Luckier than Lorenzo Fortunato?

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS