• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Coronavirus: How dangerous a threat?

Page 265 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I had been wondering why it has been so quiet recently on the Novavax front. I guess I have my answer.

View: https://twitter.com/Dereklowe/status/1384917960712757251
That's good piece giving a quick look into the vax world during a pandemic. Moderna and Pfizer started farther ahead and more prepared, hence their vaccines being ready so quickly. Everybody competing for similar resources only adds to timing issues.

Reactions: movingtarget
Is there a way to explain to some of these places where they have vaccines that the reason they aren't getting appointments scheduled for people is because they are only doing appointments Monday through Friday when everyone is working. This is happening in Raleigh. Appt times are between 8am and 3pm Monday through Friday and they have lots of open appts. No times when people get off work and no appt times on the weekend. Apparently this is what Wake Med is doing and doesn't seem to understand most people are working during those hours.

Reactions: jmdirt

Meanwhile the only cases being recorded in Australia are returning international travelers in quarantine.

Will be nice when international borders open up but looking at that India situation it could be some time off even if vaccines improve the situation in America and Europe.

Fingers crossed for this season's European cycling season, so far so good.

Meanwhile the only cases being recorded in Australia are returning international travelers in quarantine.

Will be nice when international borders open up but looking at that India situation it could be some time off even if vaccines improve the situation in America and Europe.

Fingers crossed for this season's European cycling season, so far so good.

I'm actually worried about the TDU and the OZ Tennis in 2022 - No way athletes will do two weeks quarantine if they have been vaccinated - And, I'm not 100% convinced about the world's in September 2022.

• Haha
Reactions: Ultrairon
Is there a way to explain to some of these places where they have vaccines that the reason they aren't getting appointments scheduled for people is because they are only doing appointments Monday through Friday when everyone is working. This is happening in Raleigh. Appt times are between 8am and 3pm Monday through Friday and they have lots of open appts. No times when people get off work and no appt times on the weekend. Apparently this is what Wake Med is doing and doesn't seem to understand most people are working during those hours.
My employer encouraged us to get vaccinated and offered 1/2 day (paid) to get the shot, and a full day if we weren't feeling well enough to work one of the days following our shot, so I feel fortunate. If that would not have been the case though, I would have taken the needed time. There are multiple weekend locations (both large hospitals, mass clinics, doc in the box locations, etc) available in Boise/Boise area.

Multiple Universities join the growing list of requiring the Covid vaccine for anyone on campus starting in the fall with California's public University systems along with Standford.

They probably have a case based on what I have heard and read, but do we want to be suing vaccine suppliers while we are still battling the pandemic. Maybe this action is just to get their attention? On the other hand, this action may have consequences that hurt more people than it helps.

Multiple Universities join the growing list of requiring the Covid vaccine for anyone on campus starting in the fall with California's public University systems along with Standford.

Just got an email this morning that the my university will be mandating the vaccine for all faculty, staff, and students for the fall. Unlike what is stated in the article about CA colleges, there is no mention of full FDA approval being required before the policy is enforced. So far, 70% of faculty and 67% of students have been vaccinated, so there are still quite a few holdouts. With open eligibility and a walk-in center on campus, there is little logistical reason to be hesitant.

India looks so terrifying now. I wonder if all the happy talk about herd immunity in February fostered a false mentality that the pandemic was over for them.
View: https://twitter.com/NatureNews/status/1385598105580707840

Last edited:
Oh, and while I'm here:

Lots of cynical comments from residents at the end of the article!