• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Coronavirus: How dangerous a threat?

Page 281 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
LOL. That is seriously their pitch to take the horse de-worming drug to prevent COVID. Sad to see Taibbi go down this rabbit hole, but expect to hear more about Ivermectin over the next few months as reason not to get vaccinated from the people who need to take a brain de-wormer IMO.

View: https://twitter.com/annamerlan/status/1408081863319511043
I don't understand: "I prefer the unproven pet worming medication over a proven vaccine".

Looks like demand has outstripped supply (for now, anyway):
https://japantoday.com/category/national/is-japan's-remarkable-vaccine-drive-in-time-for-olympics

Also - here's what we might have to expect for the Olympics:

"The handling of the case has sparked criticism from local officials and experts, and fueled concerns about what lies ahead.

"Although one member tested positive for the virus at the airport, the rest travelled to the host town in a bus, accompanied by three city officials, an Izumisano official said. Those people were only designated "close contacts" days later."

Reactions: Koronin and jmdirt
There was a similar situation here with a woman who had leukemia and her body just couldn't get rid of SARS-CoV-2. They tried several of the repurposed therapies with little change, but then finally one of them (don't remember which) helped her get ahead of the virus a bit so they gave her Moderna and something else (don't remember what). The local news is/was doing a weekly update on her, but I haven't caught the update for several weeks so I don't know her status.

Reactions: movingtarget
Vaccination status in Denmark (data from June 21st): Report in Danish

zmX44zt.png

Dark green is fully vaccinated, normal green has received first jab, light green has an appointment for vaccination. Note that the last group (cohorts of 1987-1991) isn't there. And while it has recently been recommended to vaccinate the 12-15 years old, they too are not listed above.

So it's pretty safe to say that we will not see any significant level of cases in the upcoming fall.

I am wondering, maybe you can tell more about it, dj, who are the ones that cannot be vaccinated apart from children? Because in the beginning here the oldest and even people in a hospice were vaccinated, so which conditions do prevent you from getting one? In which case would a doctor say better not?

Reactions: jmdirt
I am wondering, maybe you can tell more about it, dj, who are the ones that cannot be vaccinated apart from children? Because in the beginning here the oldest and even people in a hospice were vaccinated, so which conditions do prevent you from getting one? In which case would a doctor say better not?

I know someone who has extremely bad allergic reactions to any vaccine (including having been hospitalized) so she has doctor's/medical reason that she can't be vaccinated for Covid.

Reactions: BlueRoads
I don't understand: "I prefer the unproven pet worming medication over a proven vaccine".
its not surprising that science is being questioned when you have people openly deny scientific facts in favour of their beliefs (the whole gender/sex hoopla is one big delusion and we know that it is) and then you have scandals like Fauci that will eventually drive you to question everything even after its scientificaly proven

the fear is that pendulum will swing one day to the other side and we will have gattaca society, right now we kinda live in limbo between Nietzsche and whenever next god will emerge

Reactions: Koronin
IMO, Dr. AF's biggest error was trying to keep up with the news cycles (science just doesn't fit the 'now!' model). He was also trying to do clean up too often in 2020 when he was working in inhospitable times so it impossible to say what he would have been like in a more friendly environment. Scandal? I don't know. I utilized untainted sources for info., but millions probably didn't make the effort to look for 'good' info. H*ll, millions take the words of news people as scientific/medical fact, and even more millions 'figured it out for themselves' :rolleyes:. Hopefully they don't do the same with their next medical emergency.

Reactions: Koronin
Last edited:
NC State's baseball team had to forfeit their game today due to a Covid outbreak. Most of the team isn't vaccinated. While Vanderbuilt (who "wins" and will play in the college World Series) has their entire team vaccinated.
They will play whoever wins the other game 3 between Texas and Mississippi State.

I've shared a few stories about my mentally compromised ani-everything neighbor so here's one from this morning:
He was ranting at the lady across the street as she is scurrying for her door:
Him: "the vaccine is just a way for them to force free 5G on us!"
Me: "What? AT&T/Verizon are never going to give us free 5G, let alone "force us to use free 5G"!
Him: "I bet you have 5G since you're all techie!" (FYI: I'm only techie enough to cause my self harm).
Me: "My phone is 3G, a dozen years old."
Him: "That's not the point!"
Me: "What is the point?"
Him: "You are magnetized!" Off he stomps.
He is 40% of the USA!

I've shared a few stories about my mentally compromised ani-everything neighbor so here's one from this morning:
Me: "What? AT&T/Verizon are never going to give us free 5G, let alone "force us to use free 5G"!
Him: "I bet you have 5G since you're all techie!" (FYI: I'm only techie enough to cause my self harm).
He is 40% of the USA!

I only WISH the vaccine would give me Magneto's power set, but that has most definitely not happened.

He is 40% of the USA!
He sounds like a great improvement on some of my past neighbors...............I could get along with him...............he talk me sort of listen

• Haha
Reactions: Tricycle Rider

TRENDING THREADS