• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Coronavirus: How dangerous a threat?

Page 301 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It was a fake story. As if right on que for the panic false media.
Why are there stories on websites from India that say they used animal anti-parasitic drugs?
Wait, what? People are taking it in Idaho for sure and you even said that Joe Rogan is taking it so now its fake, no one is taking it?

EDIT: My reply was less about the story of people ODing, and more about people willing to risk an unknown (without a doc no less) when there is a known.

Last edited:
This is not a real story. Fake false as in Not real. When will they run the retraction and will it be a headline? The Rolling Stone came out with an UPDATE because they are too weak to issue a real retraction of the story. They all got played. Including some here.

"It was later deemed false after the Northeastern Hospital System denied any patients were treated for overdoses from the drug and that McElyea hadn't actually worked at one of the hospitals in question for two months. "
I'll have to snopes it, but even if that one is fake, there was a report a few days ago about poison control centers having ~500 calls from people who were squirting from both ends from taking Ivermectin (245% increase, it used to just be ranchers).

Really, the bottom line is that self medicating is bad idea. You posted above about a clinic using it, but I bet they didn't just willy nilly with some stuff from the farm store. I think that South American countries are using it too. If Ivermectin is effective that would be great because its one more tool.

EDIT: yep that one is being disputed. I can't find the one that you referred to.

While ivermectin is not FDA-approved to treat scabies, it's approved for that here in Denmark (and I guess EU). As such, it's quite needless to scaremonger and label it as an animal drug (as if that in itself made it dangerous).

And it should be needless to add here that it's of course ill-advised to use prescription-drugs unauthorised.

Reactions: Ultrairon
While ivermectin is not FDA-approved to treat scabies, it's approved for that here in Denmark (and I guess EU). As such, it's quite needless to scaremonger and label it as an animal drug (as if that in itself made it dangerous).

And it should be needless to add here that it's of course ill-advised to use prescription-drugs unauthorised.
True, but people are buy the animal version at feed stores and self medicating because the vaccination is 'dangerous'. Facts are not mongering, they're just facts.

RE: Joe Rogan: its pretty well known that he took some hard core, not safe, juice to change his body so a little more bovine meds are no big deal to him.
I don't think that's true - he says he's on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) only - he's got several shows on his podcast where he talks about his TRT program. And at 54, and hitting the gym as hard as he does, that's not uncommon for this age group with all the low-T centers cropping up all over the country (I know several guys at my gym just in their early 50s that have an Rx for TRT).

I actually like Rogan and try to catch some of his podcasts on a weekly basis.

And this isn't going to help the aggressive pro-vaxx people:

"The host of the popular Joe Rogan Experience podcast revealed the news about his diagnosis on Wednesday on his Instagram, telling followers he "immediately threw the kitchen sink" at the illness."

"All kinds of meds," he said in the video, adding "Monoclonal antibodies, ivermectin, Z-pack, prednisone - everything." Crazy times we're living in, but a wonderful, heartfelt thank you to modern medicine for pulling us out so quickly and easily."

I remember when the Hog used this same tactic talking about prednisolone, calling them horse steroids.

But jmdirt makes a good point that people are in fact using the animal preparations which is never a good idea. If people want to get to the bottom of why this happened, this thread is a good starting point.

View: https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1431040456364810242?lang=en

"There are some governments that have used Ivermectin to treat Covid-19. The Uttar Pradesh Government, which has been highly successful in containing the pandemic, has used the drug to combat the disease.
Earlier in May, the UP Government had announced that they had recommended the drug for “prophylactic and therapeutic” use.
Uttar Pradesh State Surveillance Officer Vikssendu Agrawal had said, “Uttar Pradesh was the first state in the country to introduce large-scale prophylactic and therapeutic use of Ivermectin. In May-June 2020, a team at Agra, led by Dr Anshul Pareek, administered Ivermectin to all RRT team members in the district on an experimental basis. It was observed that none of them developed Covid-19 despite being in daily contact with patients who had tested positive for the virus.”
Crediting the drug for the low positivity and death rate in the state, he had said, “Despite being the state with the largest population base and a high population density, we have maintained a relatively low positivity rate and cases per million of population”.
“Once the second wave subsides, we would conduct our own study as there has been an emerging body of evidence to substantiate our timely use of Ivermectin from the first wave itself,” he told the Indian Express.
Agra District Magistrate Prabhu N Singh also credited Ivermectin for the state’s success against Covid-19."
Ivermectin is not effective. It does work in tissue culture, but the concentration required is beyond the safe dosing limits in humans. It is snake oil. If taken as prescribed, there is probably no harm to it. But there just is no good evidence that these studies were done with the appropriate amount of rigor. And many of them are just outright fraud perpetrated by people making money off the pandemic.

I don't think that's true - he says he's on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) only - he's got several shows on his podcast where he talks about his TRT program. And at 54, and hitting the gym as hard as he does, that's not uncommon for this age group with all the low-T centers cropping up all over the country (I know several guys at my gym just in their early 50s that have an Rx for TRT).

I actually like Rogan and try to catch some of his podcasts on a weekly basis.

And this isn't going to help the aggressive pro-vaxx people:

"The host of the popular Joe Rogan Experience podcast revealed the news about his diagnosis on Wednesday on his Instagram, telling followers he "immediately threw the kitchen sink" at the illness."

"All kinds of meds," he said in the video, adding "Monoclonal antibodies, ivermectin, Z-pack, prednisone - everything." Crazy times we're living in, but a wonderful, heartfelt thank you to modern medicine for pulling us out so quickly and easily."
A lady who works in the money department here had a 102 temp, curled up in bed for two days, but then was fine after that and she didn't take anything except for ibuprofen. Does that make ibuprofen a miracle SC2 cure, or do some peoples' immune system just kick the crap out of it better than others? If Joe threw the kitchen sink at it, what actually worked? Or did any of it?

• Wow

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Wait, what? People are taking it in Idaho for sure and you even said that Joe Rogan is taking it so now its fake, no one is taking it?

EDIT: My reply was less about the story of people ODing, and more about people willing to risk an unknown (without a doc no less) when there is a known.
Again you reply to me without reading that I was not disputing that people are taking it. ODing on it the story was fake as the tooth fairy.

• Haha
Reactions: jmdirt

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
True, but people are buy the animal version at feed stores and self medicating because the vaccination is 'dangerous'. Facts are not mongering, they're just facts.
You are not fear mongering but the person who posted the "news" article that turns out to be fake is.
You are making fun of the people who are buying the animal paste version and thats fine because I think anyone who wears a mask after vax is taking too many mushrooms and misinformed. Add those folks to the ones who spray food down with disenfectants / clorox etc. and we have a good group of crazies walking around earth.

I remember when the Hog used this same tactic talking about prednisolone, calling them horse steroids.

But jmdirt makes a good point that people are in fact using the animal preparations which is never a good idea. If people want to get to the bottom of why this happened, this thread is a good starting point.

View: https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1431040456364810242?lang=en

Ivermectin is not effective. It does work in tissue culture, but the concentration required is beyond the safe dosing limits in humans. It is snake oil. If taken as prescribed, there is probably no harm to it. But there just is no good evidence that these studies were done with the appropriate amount of rigor. And many of them are just outright fraud perpetrated by people making money off the pandemic.
I'm not taking ivermectin nor know anyone who has. But I am asking why did they take the drug in india? They are not making money off something that takes 5cents to make.

• Haha
Reactions: jmdirt
So IF mu is less effected by our vaccinated immune system should they be discussing making the third shot address this? That being said, I have yet to read any study that actually indicated that mu is evading vaccinated immune systems so it might not actually be the case. At some point, it seems like we will need an adjusted vaccine though.

You are not fear mongering but the person who posted the "news" article that turns out to be fake is.
You are making fun of the people who are buying the animal paste version and thats fine because I think anyone who wears a mask after vax is taking too many mushrooms and misinformed. Add those folks to the ones who spray food down with disenfectants / clorox etc. and we have a good group of crazies walking around earth.

I'm not taking ivermectin nor know anyone who has. But I am asking why did they take the drug in india? They are not making money off something that takes 5cents to make.
My employer requires me to wear a mask. Even if they didn't, I would wear one because if I get SC2, I want to keep it to myself. I'm high on shrooms for wanting to protect my colleagues? Who's misinformed?

As I already replied to you, I hope that Ivermectin works because every tool is an advantage for human kind. I never found the story you were talking about from India, but based on your account it was human grade, and dosed by doctors. I'm not sure what your argument is about making money.

• Wow

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
My employer requires me to wear a mask. Even if they didn't, I would wear one because if I get SC2, I want to keep it to myself. I'm high on shrooms for wanting to protect my colleagues? Who's misinformed?

As I already replied to you, I hope that Ivermectin works because every tool is an advantage for human kind. I never found the story you were talking about from India, but based on your account it was human grade, and dosed by doctors. I'm not sure what your argument is about making money.
I said "I think", or was it better to say in my opinion about vax mask wearing. Yeah in my opinion it is shroom like behavior to wear a mask if vaxed unless you work in the medical field. Masks are for show in the general public some people wearing the same cloth mask for a year or more. If they were not for show then why would you have all the video's of events where very public officials are not wearing them? People sit down to eat at restaurants and don't wear a mask. If your colleagues are vaxed why would you need to protect them? What was the vax for?

I found it originally on an Indian US site and I grabbed a quote from it. I did not make that quote up. Trying to find it now. Until then even back in May Forbes showed where one state in India was using it. https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladi...ts-use-as-covid-19-treatment/?sh=69dc49456d9f
And I am not saying it worked or not just that they were not taking Horse de-wormer.

As I mentioned, there were indications from preclinical studies that it might be helpful. Very similar to hydroxychloroquine. Drugs that fail when used in humans are not uncommon.

Drs were not charging 5 cents to consult. It doesn't take much imagination to see how you can make money off a wonder drug in the middle of a pandemic. Off patent is not that much of an impediment. Look at insulin price gouging.

I said "I think", or was it better to say in my opinion about vax mask wearing. Yeah in my opinion it is shroom like behavior to wear a mask if vaxed unless you work in the medical field. Masks are for show in the general public some people wearing the same cloth mask for a year or more. If they were not for show then why would you have all the video's of events where very public officials are not wearing them? People sit down to eat at restaurants and don't wear a mask. If your colleagues are vaxed why would you need to protect them? What was the vax for?

I found it originally on an Indian US site and I grabbed a quote from it. I did not make that quote up. Trying to find it now. Until then even back in May Forbes showed where one state in India was using it. https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladi...ts-use-as-covid-19-treatment/?sh=69dc49456d9f
And I am not saying it worked or not just that they were not taking Horse de-wormer.
A vaccination prepares our immune system to fight a pathogen. No vaccination is a magic forcefield. If I get SC2 I want to keep it to myself just in case someone I come into contact with is less protected. 90+% of my company is vaccinated, but I don't know the actual number at my location. I know that all of the people I work with on a regular/daily basis are vaccinated, but beyond that I only know those who have shared their vaccination status.

Claiming mask misuse does not mean that proper mask use is delusional.

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
A vaccination prepares our immune system to fight a pathogen. No vaccination is a magic forcefield. If I get SC2 I want to keep it to myself just in case someone I come into contact with is less protected. 90+% of my company is vaccinated, but I don't know the actual number at my location. I know that all of the people I work with on a regular/daily basis are vaccinated, but beyond that I only know those who have shared their vaccination status.

Claiming mask misuse does not mean that proper mask use is delusional.
Not just the misuse but the litter across our parks and wildlife here in America is sad.

Where I work its mandentory we don't even accept the honor system. In my opinion folks who wear a mask after the vax is foolish. I will go ahead and apologize for that opinion so as not to hurt your feelings further.

Not just the misuse but the litter across our parks and wildlife here in America is sad.

Where I work its mandentory we don't even accept the honor system. In my opinion folks who wear a mask after the vax is foolish. I will go ahead and apologize for that opinion so as not to hurt your feelings further.
My feelings don't get hurt by people I don't know.

If you think that its foolish to 1) want to keep my job, 2) protect my colleagues, then I can't help you.

• Haha

TRENDING THREADS