• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Coronavirus: How dangerous a threat?

Page 303 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Reactions: movingtarget

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Wait...you question whether I might have a problem with Foxnooos and their people for speculating about Fauci lying and the US funding a weaponized C19 with no proof; when I asked for an informed opinion on the story. Then you an suggest a vague article from India is fear mongering (how many folks in Arkansas are getting their news from India?). What kind heroic non-masker, that fears no virus is so afraid of studying information and drawing conclusions that are honest? I'm smelling alot of vinegar along with the animal by-products.
The article I was pointing out was something someone posted and it turned out to be all fake. How in the world it was allowed to stay posted up? The article had nothing to do with India. It was Over Doses in Oklahoma from ivermectin which was false as in made up.

Last edited:
For those who have read what is going on with my husband. He has a rare auto immune disease. He was starting to get better and then something has happened with his gut. Major bad acid that is causing sores in his mouth. Hoping he tells the doctor tomorrow at his next appoint. My guess is this isn't related to the auto immune disease. He would have been going back to work part time this month if this new set back didn't happen.
probably completely unrelated,random..while experiencing some similar issues started a diet log..eliminating lots of dairy,especially my favorite ice cream and tomatoes,anytime after high noon, I have successfully controlled lots of acid issues..
Hagen daz,Blue Bunny,Ben&Jerry's, all frozen yogurt outlets near me and Baskin and Robbins have all seen steep declines in sales..I also can eat salsa or spaghetti sauce for breakfast or late-night snack..
I wish your husband and fast and complete rapid recovery..

Ultra you appear to default to fake..I know how,just don't know why. The medical professionals of every stripe nationwide( often worldwide) report what they see..gigantic leap to weave in coordinated conspiracy that doctors and nurses,administrators @1000s of miles apart have some skin in the game to mis- report hospital visits and admissions. If measurable numbers in the public are taking a treatment w adverse effects,they report it..your claim of false stories,something sensational is absolutely true and valid..yes there are puffed up for viewers,readers,clicks..for sure.
But those are statistically anomalies..Doctors warning people not to self prescribe and administrator unproven,dangerous,sometimes deadly home remedy treatments is prudent for public health..
So the statistical proof goes something like this..total number of stories about people receiving care for bad drug choices balanced w over the top stories( lies,fake news) The real danger is discrediting our professionals who overall are doing an out of the park fantastic job..
Majority great vs majority silly exaggerating BS for an agenda..
Not sure if applies,don't know how it can't..
Fall off a ladder, bicycle,car accident,appendicitis, heart attack..the same doctors that are accused of misleading about Covid, will suddenly put on the hero outfit to birth a baby cord around their neck,upside down and pre-mature..the same doctors and nurses who do that work are not lying about Covid-19..
I don't want to discount what you are saying,some stories are false,wrong and damaging..but at scale most of what we hear from those inside is often first hand accounts of struggle,hard work, frustration,fatigue and all for the cause of helping others..
What's the motivation for making a false story?

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Ultra you appear to default to fake..I know how,just don't know why. The medical professionals of every stripe nationwide( often worldwide) report what they see..gigantic leap to weave in coordinated conspiracy that doctors and nurses,administrators @1000s of miles apart have some skin in the game to mis- report hospital visits and admissions. If measurable numbers in the public are taking a treatment w adverse effects,they report it..your claim of false stories,something sensational is absolutely true and valid..yes there are puffed up for viewers,readers,clicks..for sure.
But those are statistically anomalies..Doctors warning people not to self prescribe and administrator unproven,dangerous,sometimes deadly home remedy treatments is prudent for public health..
So the statistical proof goes something like this..total number of stories about people receiving care for bad drug choices balanced w over the top stories( lies,fake news) The real danger is discrediting our professionals who overall are doing an out of the park fantastic job..
Majority great vs majority silly exaggerating BS for an agenda..
Not sure if applies,don't know how it can't..
Fall off a ladder, bicycle,car accident,appendicitis, heart attack..the same doctors that are accused of misleading about Covid, will suddenly put on the hero outfit to birth a baby cord around their neck,upside down and pre-mature..the same doctors and nurses who do that work are not lying about Covid-19..
I don't want to discount what you are saying,some stories are false,wrong and damaging..but at scale most of what we hear from those inside is often first hand accounts of struggle,hard work, frustration,fatigue and all for the cause of helping others..
What's the motivation for making a false story?

The Story was fake as in false. What other way to describe it? I'm stunned you could debate that.
Nowhere do I say someone should take this medication. I am just pointing out the media and the lack of doing their job creates panic and is total misinformation.

Reactions: FrankB
Ultrairon. I agreed completely in writing. The story was false..but points on the graph say that for every @10 false, there are @10,000 from healthcare providers that are absolutely factual.. My view is that a strange wasteful weight value is put on false salacious stories..
what is not in debate is that a cogent Covid strategy is at hand,absolutely available in the United States..vaccines,prevention measures..so the prolonged death, suffering,personal and economic turmoil,delay, often defeat and devastation is solely self imposed.
Vaccines cannot completely put out the fires but can slow things down to a manageable level for everyone,everything..
But false stories can teach us so much, so much about expectations,trust and intelligence..got to always ask who, what are their qualifications, and motivation...
If I hear free Dura Ace 12 speed groups and free 50mms wheels are being given away at a nearby 7-11..I don't move, bat an eye..but there are people amongst us that drop everything to rush ,to react..
Like many news outlets, that report Dura Ace type stories.
.it's not baseball for me, no 3 bad calls..report about widespread available tests,malaria drugs..ect..I will not watch your station,read your websites or magazines,or papers..false stories have been around since stories..I have listened to tall tails of strippers,fishing,racing,gambling winnings,golf shots..and now stupid,f-cking Covid claims.
.I was always disappointed a year and a half ago,when widespread testing was said to be available..it was not,still is not..why that false story(lie) was allowed to continue..
So rather than both of us ramble about a story 's significance..the reality we have,vaccines,widely available masks,sanitizer,architecture,business practice modifications..we have lots available without any unicorn stories..Chuppacabra sightings..Bigfoot playing basketball..
Our scientists and health care professionals have this @75% solved if we will only listen to logic,fact and reason

Reactions: jmdirt
probably completely unrelated,random..while experiencing some similar issues started a diet log..eliminating lots of dairy,especially my favorite ice cream and tomatoes,anytime after high noon, I have successfully controlled lots of acid issues..
Hagen daz,Blue Bunny,Ben&Jerry's, all frozen yogurt outlets near me and Baskin and Robbins have all seen steep declines in sales..I also can eat salsa or spaghetti sauce for breakfast or late-night snack..
I wish your husband and fast and complete rapid recovery..

Thank you. We suspect the acid issue is a side effect of the Prednisone. Yeah, I bought him plant butter, almond milk and almond yogurt and hoping that will help a little. The almond milk idea is that I'm hoping it might provide a coating for awhile to help. He sees the doctor Monday. I had bought the plant butter last year when grocery stores were having a hard time stocking anything at all and it was about the only butter in the store and I needed butter. It's good, it's just expensive. If it will help with this, then I'll buy it.

Indoor concert with 50,000 attendees this Saturday in Copenhagen:

View: https://twitter.com/AndreasSteno/status/1436945026806845445

23859366-.jpg

(From this article: https://www.berlingske.dk/danmark/51-personer-fik-coronavaccine-til-the-minds-of-99-koncert)

Meanwhile the Delta-wave is waning:

03RnYoC.png

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Not sure if Nomad posted this here but some details out of Israel on the immune system after infection vs the vaccine.
I think its best to get the vax.

If we are to listen to the late night and daytime celebrities on tv the unvaxed should not be allowed medical care. What about the people who for medical reasons can't take the vax?

Apologies in advance for any misspellings and grammatical errors that get picked up on by fellow message board friends.

Not sure if Nomad posted this here but some details out of Israel on the immune system after infection vs the vaccine.

If we are to listen to the late night and daytime celebrities on tv the unvaxed should not be allowed medical care. What about the people who for medical reasons can't take the vax?

Apologies in advance for any misspellings and grammatical errors that get picked up on by fellow message board friends.
if unvaxed aren't allowed care then we should deny all care to fat, lazy obese folks with heart disease, smokers with heart disease/cancer. i think it's a great idea, makes it easier to get DR. appointments :)

Yes...I'm aware of the study and here's a paper on the same issue from the BMJ just released yesterday:

My intention is to go with one dose (Pfizer is the vaccine my health carrier is currently using). Definitely I would not do two doses since I have previous infection & according to this study, the side-effect risks goes up exponentially with the 2nd dose.

But I'm facing another problem with one dose because everything on these mandates & passports is contingent on the "two-dose fully vaccinated" status. So, as it stands now I'll be treated as an unvaccinated "bad guy" with just the one shot but yet I'll add to the overall national vaccinated count. Go figure.

Natural immunity is one of the most misused terms in all of the pandemic. It grates when a journalist gets it wrong in a medical journal. Is there anyone over there editing these things?

Natural immunity is if you are inherently refractory to disease. It does not mean that you were infected naturally. What the author is describing is a type of acquired immunity, because you weren't born with it.

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Natural immunity is one of the most misused terms in all of the pandemic. It grates when a journalist gets it wrong in a medical journal. Is there anyone over there editing these things?

Natural immunity is if you are inherently refractory to disease. It does not mean that you were infected naturally. What the author is describing is a type of acquired immunity, because you weren't born with it.
Is anyone really hung up on what Natural Immunity means? Most common folks believe Natural Immunity is after you have already had covid. Why get so hung up on that? No one is saying that certain people are walking around with immunity just because they says so.

Hey those numbers for the delta wave are coming down. Why not post it up? Good News not good? Those trends in Arkansas and Mississippi are really going down.

In Slovakia there is almost similar number of fully vaccinated and non vaccinated adults and now there is more than 7x unvaccinated in hoapitals. Of course it is proof for antivaxxers vaccines dont work. I was reading dozen of times already about one senior center where two vaccinated seniors died from Covid. It is also proof vaccine is useless. But best logical failure is where somebody is questioning how is possible that in highly vaccinated countries the ratio of vaccinated in hospitals is higher than in low vaccinated countries.

Reactions: Jagartrott
Why complain when people are using wrong terminology? Kinda self explanatory. Natural immunity is also terminology used by antivaxxers that has caught on in wider circulation. People who have caught covid don't have natural immunity.
No...but people that have been infected by Covid have natural antibody protection & memory B-cells that recognize any future re-infections. As an M.D., you know all this very well - so why do you keep undermining the power of natural antibody protection with those tens of millions of Americans that have already been infected & recovered from the virus? Therefore, many of these people are hesitant to take the vaccine but get lumped into the ad nuseam "anti-vaxx" category.

MS is about to pass NJ for the worst mortality rate in the entire US. Golf clap....
Shouldn't be a big surprise since MS is the #1 state with the highest obesity rate (over 40%!). In fact, 9 out of the top 10 are Southern states where the highest deaths & hospitalization rates have been occurring:

And here again after a year & half of this pandemic, the #1 risk factor for complications of the virus are serious pre-existing medical conditions and obesity. The evidence is overwhelming and yet most of the medical community ignores this instead insisting that the young & healthy get vaccinated.

"Dr. Craig Mallak’s work in the morgue tracking Broward County’s COVID-19 deaths startled him so much he shed pounds that he didn’t even need to lose."
“Obesity is a factor in a lot of cases,” Mallak, Broward’s chief medical examiner, said in an email. “Motivated me to lose 18 pounds in June, and I’m not overweight to start with.”

"Studies are showing that younger patients with COVID-19 who are admitted to the hospital are more likely to have obesity as an underlying factor. That’s been backed up by Kumar’s own observation in the ICU."

As a physician, maybe you could explain the pathological pathways of how obesity is so damaging to the immune system (e.g., obesity has more Ace2 receptors in the cells that attrack the virus, higher levels of chronic inflammation, higher levels of toxins in the blood, etc).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ultrairon

TRENDING THREADS