• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Coronavirus: How dangerous a threat?

Page 317 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
FCzPuvYVgAMU4EC

Reactions: jmdirt
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59163899

First pill to treat Covid gets approval in UK

Molnupiravir is the first oral antiviral treatment for Covid to report clinical trial results.
The first pill designed to treat symptomatic Covid has been approved by the UK medicines regulator.
The tablet - molnupiravir - will be given twice a day to vulnerable patients recently diagnosed with the disease.
In clinical trials the pill, originally developed to treat flu, cut the risk of hospitalisation or death by about half.

"All authors have completed and submitted the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors form for disclosure of potential conflicts of interest. Stephanie A. Irving reports support from Westat to Kaiser Permanente Northwest Center for Health Research. Nicola P. Klein reports support from Pfizer to Kaiser Permanente, Northern California for COVID-19 vaccine clinical trials, and institutional support from Merck, GlaxoSmithKline, and Sanofi Pasteur outside the current study. Charlene McEvoy reports support from AstraZeneca to HealthPartners Institute for COVID-19 vaccine trials. Allison L. Naleway reports Pfizer Research funding to Kaiser Permanente Northwest for unrelated study of meningococcal B vaccine safety during pregnancy. Suchitra Rao reports grants from GlaxoSmithKline and Biofire Diagnostics. No other potential conflicts of interest were disclosed."

Reactions: SHAD0W93
There were 50 authors on that paper. Highlighting the disclosures of a handful isn't very convincing. That said, there were a lot of potential confounding variables that aren't easy to control in the analysis. My takeaway is that natural infections are probably not more immunogenic than two doses of vaccine. And that data is supported by antibody titers.

There were 50 authors on that paper. Highlighting the disclosures of a handful isn't very convincing. That said, there were a lot of potential confounding variables that aren't easy to control in the analysis. My takeaway is that natural infections are probably not more immunogenic than two doses of vaccine. And that data is supported by antibody titers.
I don't care if there were 100 authors on that paper - Pfizer's & AstroZenica's footprint is on the study. Besides, the CDC gets quite a bit of funding from pharma anyway. I'm fed up with the BS in this country of not recognizing naturally acquired immunity on par with the vaccinated. As I mentioned previously, the vax czar Fauci & Liberal leadership aren't interested in recognizing naturally acquired immunity from prior infection. At 60 yrs of age, I beat the Delta variant without needing any medical intervention whatsoever when the MSM would have everyone believe that's it's impossible for a middle-aged person to survive the Delta variant. Lol. There's a clear agenda with Fauci et al in vaccinating every man, woman & child in this country regardless of any other circumstances.

Reactions: Ultrairon
I don't care if there were 100 authors on that paper - Pfizer's & AstroZenica's footprint is on the study. Besides, the CDC gets quite a bit of funding from pharma anyway. I'm fed up with the BS in this country of not recognizing naturally acquired immunity on par with the vaccinated. As I mentioned previously, the vax czar Fauci & Liberal leadership aren't interested in recognizing naturally acquired immunity from prior infection. At 60 yrs of age, I beat the Delta variant without needing any medical intervention whatsoever when the MSM would have everyone believe that's it's impossible for a middle-aged person to survive the Delta variant. Lol. There's a clear agenda with Fauci et al in vaccinating every man, woman & child in this country regardless of any other circumstances.
You can make that argument without putting on a tinfoil hat and claiming that studies you don't like are faked by big pharma.

I read something a bit in the opposite direction about suppositions that people in Africa might be less affected because they have a lot of other viruses there who might give them a bit of a cross-immunity.
Even age adjusted there seems to be a lower case fatality in Africa that cannot be totally explained by different/ wrong counting. It says even Malaria might give a bit of immunity.

You can make that argument without putting on a tinfoil hat and claiming that studies you don't like are faked by big pharma.
How about strongly influenced by big pharma? Other researchers have pointed out this study is flawed & conflicts with other studies such as the Cleveland Clinic & Israeli studies. And as the MD points out in the video why doesn't the CDC just be honest stating they want everyone vaccinated including those with naturally-acquired immunity - instead of producing industry-funded studies that undermine naturally-acquired immunity in favor of only vaccine-acquired immunity.

View: https://youtu.be/exW9EcK52cA

Kulldorff's take:

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/MartinKulldorff/status/1454302176772333572

Last edited:
That's how it works though: if you don't understand it or don't like it, its fake, and then you make something up that you like.
Did he say it's fake? Or that he doesn't understand it? Yes, he doesn't like it, but imo he does have reasons to do so.
He just said, that considering the financial connections between some of the authors of the study and the agency for which it was made, and big pharma companies who sell vaccines, its results might be biased.
If you add a fact, that it's been quite a common and already proven practice among this particular companies (like Pfizer) to directly fake the result of different studies, the doubts around this particular one that we're talking about right now, are imho very justified (also considering other than conflict of the interests limitiations of this study that I wrote about few posts before).

Last edited:
That's how it works though: if you don't understand it or don't like it, its fake, and then you make something up that you like.
Don't understand it? Lol. I understand the the influence that industry-funded studies have on drug research. Do you think pharma is going to put their precious $$$ into a study and not have some say so on the outcome? If you don't believe there's corrupted research out there influence by industry $$$, then you're just drinking the Kool-Aid & living in a world of rainbows & marshmallows.

Did he say it's fake? Or that he doesn't understand it? Yes, he doesn't like it, but imo he does have reasons to do so.
He just said, that considering the financial connections between some of the authors of the study and the agency for which it was made, and big pharma companies who sell vaccines, its results might be biased.
If you add a fact, that it's been quite a common and already proven practice among this particular companies (like Pfizer) to directly fake the result of different studies, the doubts around this particular one that we're talking about right now, are imho very justified (also considering other than conflict of the interests limitiations of this study that I wrote about few posts before).
Make no mistake, I have a VERY low opinion of pharma companies for many reasons. Is that the only study with similar conclusions? I'll go delete that post so that it doesn't distract. One of the sources used by a couple of the "exception to the rule" posters, has an ongoing commentary on Acquired immunity vs. vaccine immunity vs. combo/hybrid. Those docs's research doesn't support what EttR were trying to push so they don't refer to them anymore.

Majority of Deaths not caused by Covid but they died with Covid. Knew this was probably happening but why do this?

Yet the number of excess deaths are higher than the covid death toll most places:

View: https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1455567528365903876

I don’t remember if I said it while I was taking maternity but our instructor went over from research she has found about how pregnant woman who get covid without the vaccine are 2000% times more likely to have a complication during birth that could lead to death of the mother or child. Than that there are many more covid mothers delivering prematurely due to covid and the mother dying while the baby lives. So instead of the mother getting a lock of hair, foot and hand print, and picture of her baby, hospitals are now having to do that for the baby to have of their mother.

Then on a different note, if you have latent tuberculosis covid could activate it.

I don’t remember if I said it while I was taking maternity but our instructor went over from research she has found about how pregnant woman who get covid without the vaccine are 2000% times more likely to have a complication during birth that could lead to death of the mother or child. Than that there are many more covid mothers delivering prematurely due to covid and the mother dying while the baby lives. So instead of the mother getting a lock of hair, foot and hand print, and picture of her baby, hospitals are now having to do that for the baby to have of their mother.

Then on a different note, if you have latent tuberculosis covid could activate it.
There are people who still haven't been vaccinated against TB by now?

Then vaccine isn’t used in really in the US.
I'm not born, nor do I breed, US. But I do recall once I tested positive for TB I had to go in for a lung X-ray while living Germany. (While also having been fully vaccinated against TB in the former CSSR.)

Everything turned out fine, it's just that how you respond to the TB test may not necessarily corollate with what you've been vaccinated against.

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
I'm not born, nor do I breed, US. But I do recall once I tested positive for TB I had to go in for a lung X-ray while living Germany. (While also having been fully vaccinated against TB in the former CSSR.)

Everything turned out fine, it's just that how you respond to the TB test may not necessarily corollate with what you've been vaccinated against.
Yeah the skin test can have a false positive but quantiferon will be negative for Tb.

TRENDING THREADS