• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Eric8-A said:
I accidently sent me team to thw wrong person last night. So at the moment, someone knows the riders of my team.

Lol, thanks for making me feel a little better about not actually opening this thread until it was too late. At first, I thought you'd sent it to some random G-mailer, but then I realized it's a CN PM thing. G-mail would have been funnier.

Great idea, Hugo. This will be fun to follow.

Riders I would have def chosen off the top of my head:

Boonen: He can't do any worse.
Machado: May be the big non-Tour revelation of 2011
A. Schleck: It's worth the gamble that Contador won't be at the Tour.
Anton: The Vuelta.
Pozzato: Just cuz.
Kloden: Ditto.
Breschel: On the off chance he wins Flanders.

Anywho, great idea. Looking forward to watching it develop.

Robert Gesink - his 2010 season was very good, but I think 2011 is the right time for him to take that final step forward
Michel Kreder - not sure he's a good choice considering how crowded his team will be, but he had an interesting start of the season and I believe he can improve his consistency
Riccardo Riccò - relatively cheap for a rider who might be a contender in major races
Paul Martens - another rider who should be ready to become a major player
Grega Bole - one of my favourite riders. He's growing, although his 2010 season was pretty good so we'll see
Daniel Oss - one of the most promising Italian riders and he doesn't have anyone above him in the hierarchy for the kind of races that suit him best
Jesús Herrada - Spanish neo-pros aren't usually super brilliant, but this guy is very talented
Sep Vanmarcke - he was pretty consistent this year and he's only 22, so there
Sacha Modolo - he should be good for the Italian races
Greg Van Avermaet - one of my favourite riders, should score some decent points now that he won't have to work for Gilbert
Juan José Cobo - hahaha
Thomas Peterson - he did a good Vuelta and he has the right age to have a breakthrough year
Ángel Madrazo - after many years of being carefully nurtured, he'll be 23 next season. Time to deliver.
Franco Pellizotti - cheap and could score lots of points. I don't like him though.
Juan Mauricio Soler - a bit of a gamble, but come on, he's owed a season without any problems by now
Mauro Santambrogio - he's getting better and I kind of like him
Jan Bakelants - cool name, and a decent first season at Lotto with plenty of room for improvement
Romain Sicard - took it relatively easy this year, will get better next season, barring crashes and the like
Stefan Denifl - one of my favourite riders
Philip Deignan - dirty cheap, can only go up
Kevin Seeldraeyers - ditto plus cool name
Niki Terpstra - another consistent guy who could make it to the big leagues
Daniel Navarro - has the potential and probably won't have to work for Contador or for any solid leader
Alex Dowsett - cheap and talented. I don't expect him to score lots of points but whatever he can do will help
Wout Poels - picking him gives me Dutch Mafia cred
Denis Galimzyanov - another young guy who could have his breakthrough year
Zdenek Stybar - kind of a gamble
Luca Solari - total filler
Kevin Van Impe - total filler
Sébastien Joly - total filler

ingsve said:
I thought it could be interesting to discuss certain picks a bit more so I'll go through my list and how I have reasoned.

My turn. Ill add their potential for multiplying their totals.

BALLAN Alessandro
I had points, and he missed part of the season through that thing. Most importantly hes on a team which outside Cuddles doesnt have leaders. Cuddles is focusing on the Tour next year. That leaves the former Ronde, Worlds and Pologne winner to the LEADERSHIP at most races he wants. Key word ther. Leadership means you dont waste energies on stuff that dont get you cq points, and save your energies for the stuff that does get you cq points.

Should double his total

BLANCO RODRIGUEZ David
Portugal winner coming into europe with a team that might give him a few chances. around the 300 mark cost wise. why not.

Should match his total at least.

BOONEN Tom
Underperformed last season. Again LEADERSHIP at those cobbled races. Even if he doesnt win hes going to pick up a lot of points on the cobbles. The good thing is cobbles come first and he can ride rest of the season just searching for points. He didnt get them last year because he was injured. And then come the worlds where he could pick up a few hundred too.

Should surpass his big total which = a few hundred. Could double his total.

BOS Theo
Was cheap.

Potential to triple points total

COBO ACEBO Juan Jose
Hrotha said there was a good rider free.

Should multiply his points total by 8 billion then add a few hundred on top of that.

CUNEGO Damiano
Really underachieved this season. Didnt even get too many top 10's. I expect him to get AT least top 10s in many cloassics next season + stages.

Should double his total.

DEIGNAN Philip
was very cheap.

Should get one hundred at least.

DUARTE AREVALO Fabio Andres
Coming over from non european racing means he comes relatively cheap. More a wildcard since he CAN perform and then some, but also can fail. At 181 its a risk worth taking.

SHould match his total. Potential to quintuple it.

EFIMKIN Vladimir
Another cheap rider to go with, my buy them cheap but many strategy. Rides for a team without too many leaders but which got PR, so his team will rider races without leaders, and then he can step up. At 20 points, i might as well have him.

Should quadruple his score. Potential to multiply it by 15.

FEILLU Brice
I like Vacansaleil and the way they ride. Hes young and underperformed last year because of lack of invites. Those invites should be there this year. Even if he isnt given any chances, he should do well Cq wisejust by participating.

Should double his score. Potentially quadruple it.

GOLAS Michal
Another Vacansaleil choice. Their in the pt this year. I was going to choose Hoogerland or Bozic but they were both too expensive so i chose the guy who won sprint jersey at TOB. I was in a hurry at this stage

Should match his total. Potential to double it.

GRIVKO Andriy
Contador has left Astana. Even this year they had no leader after the Tour. No leader = peopl elike Grivko might step up.

GUARNIERI Jacopo
I was in a hurry

TBH i doubt hell match his total from this year.

HAUSSLER Heinrich
Cheap and great. Hoping injuries are behind him and even if they arent, the risk is worth 60 measly points.

Should multiply his total by 8. Potential to multiply it by 25

HUTAROVICH Yauheni
I was in a hurry. He beat Cav once so maybe he can do it in some of the pt stage races.

Might surpass his total. Might lose a bit. Potential to double.

KASHECHKIN Andrey
Cheap and good. Wont be a leader but he didnt cost much.

Even if he isnt the leader, should double points total just by riding.

KWIATKOWSKI Michal
Libertine Seguros hypes him up. Had 110 points to spend. Him or Renshaw. Even though Kwiatkowski cost less, he is more of a wild card, and its only 110 points.

Should double his total

MADRAZO RUIZ Angel
Libertine Seguros hypes him up. Very cheap.

Should quintuple his total. Potential to multiply it by 30.

MARYCZ Jaroslaw
Was in a hurry, so chose the cheap young Polish rider.

SHould match his total. Potential to double it.

NIEMIEC Przemyslaw
who doesnt admire him. Going to be with a better team next year. Not going to be the leader though. Actually probably a wrong decision. Unless hes given a race to try. Cq gives patherically little points for mountain jerseys. Bad choice.

Probably wont match his total. Might halve it.

NOCENTINI Rinaldo
Didnt he once podium Paris Nice? + its the AGR team thing again. a PT team without leaders. And he is good, no doubt.

Should match his total. Potential to double it.

PELLIZOTTI Franco
Missed the year, well most of it, and is good enough to get points. Loads of them. Unless that thing comes back.

Should multiply his total by 10.

PHINNEY Taylor
Everyone else did. LEADERSHIP thing. Behind Ballan and Cuddles he might be BMC's best option, so could get leadership in some races. + tts. Might get sprints.

Might lose points. Potential to double his total.

RUJANO GUILLEN Jose Humberto
touted as a Giro favourite and doesnt cost too much for that. Giro alone doesnt give you too many points but nonetheless enough to make him worth it.

Should match his total

SELLA Emanuele
didnt know who esle. Is back but 354 points aint cheap. If he doesnt do the Giro it might be better because then hell get all those free points in those lesser italian races.

Should match his total.

SICARD Romain
174 is cheap enough. A former under 23 champion and young so a wildcard

Should match his total. Potential to triple it.

SOLER HERNANDEZ Juan Mauricio
Cheap and good. Very good for 47 points.

Should quintuple his total. Potential to mulitiply it by 15

STEEGMANS Gert
Good sprinter going to weak team.Boonen is not going to ride evrything. That video from Paris Nice where he sprints in the wind and flies past everyone motivated this pick.

Should match his points. Potential to double.

TXURRUKA ANSOLA Amets
cheap and a gt stage win is bound sometime. Is a domestique so wont get too much. But he was doing well before crash this year at Pais Vasco. I think hell target that race again next year, and if he doesnt crash, will get points there.

Should match his total. Potential to triple it.

URAN URAN Rigoberto
At sky now, and they have those 2 non tdf gts with no other leader. Always thought he has potential and still do. Good at TDS this year after that Giro. This year put that energy into the Giro my son ;)

VALJAVEC Tadej
Cheap and used to be good, so another wildcard.

SHould match his total. Potential to quintuple it.

VALLS FERRI Rafael
In a hurry. Potential but i dont think hell do much this year. No longer team leader neither. Probably a bad choice.

SHould get half his total. Potential to match it.

WIGGINS Bradley
More expensive than i thought but still ahd a bad season. Should improve in Tour in every way, then might ride Vuelta. Also LEADERSHIP. Even in those Pt races hell be protected meaning he can use his energy for finishes.

Should double his total. Potential to triple it.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Whoever has "Jose Merchante" is that supposed to be GOMEZ MARCHANTE Jose Angel of ACA?

Yeah I've got Gomez Marchante. Guess Hugo was just going with a single first name and a single last name.

And big lol to whoever acquired Flandis!

Ok, this is the list of 300 riders in their proper names
ANTON HERNANDEZ Igor
APPOLLONIO Davide
ARASHIRO Yukiya
ARVESEN Kurt Asle
AUGUSTYN John-Lee
BAKELANTS Jan
BALLAN Alessandro
BARRY Michael
BASSO Ivan
BAUER Jack
BENNATI Daniele
BERTOGLIATI Rubens
BETANCOURT GOMEZ Carlos Alberto
BLANCO RODRIGUEZ David
BLYTHE Adam
BOASSON HAGEN Edvald
BOBRIDGE Jack
BOECKMANS Kris
BOIVIN Guillaume
BOL Jetse
BOLE Grega
BOOKWALTER Brent
BOOM Lars
BOONEN Tom
BOS Theo
BOZIC Borut
BRAMMEIER Matthew
BRESCHEL Matti
BRUSEGHIN Marzio
BURGHARDT Marcus
BUSCHE Matthew
BUTLER Christopher
CANTWELL Jonathan
CAPECCHI Eros
CARDOSO Andre Fernando S. Martins
CARDOSO Manuel Antonio Leal
CARRARA Matteo
CARUSO Damiano
CASTROVIEJO NICOLAS Jonathan
CATALDO Dario
CAVENDISH Mark
CHAVANEL Sylvain
CHICCHI Francesco
CIOLEK Gerald
CLARKE Simon
CLARKE William
CLEMENT Stef
COBO ACEBO Juan Jose
CRETSKENS Wilfried
CUNEGO Damiano
DANIELSON Tom
DAVIS Allan
DE GREEF Francis
DE LA FUENTE RASILLA David
DE MAAR Marc
DEBUSSCHERE Jens
DEGENKOLB John
DEIGNAN Philip
DENIFL Stefan
DESSEL Cyril
DI LUCA Danilo
DOWSETT Alex
DUARTE AREVALO Fabio Andres
DURAN AROCA Arkaitz
DURBRIDGE Luke
EFIMKIN Vladimir
EIJSSEN Yannick
EVANS Cadel
FAIRLY Caleb
FARRAR Tyler
FEILLU Brice
FELLINE Fabio
FRANK Mathias
FUGLSANG Jakob
FURLAN Angelo
GALIMZYANOV Denis
GALLOPIN Tony
GASPAROTTO Enrico
GAVAZZI Francesco
GERDEMANN Linus
GERRANS Simon
GESINK Robert
GINANNI Francesco
GNEZDA Matej
GOLAS Michal
GOMEZ MARCHANTE Jose Angel
GOSS Matthew
GRABOVSKYY Dmytro
GRABSCH Bert
GREIPEL Andre
GRILLO Paride
GRIVKO Andriy
GUARNIERI Jacopo
GULDHAMMER Rasmus
GUSEV Vladimir
HAEDO Juan Jose
HAMMOND Roger
HAUSSLER Heinrich
HENAO MONTOYA Sergio Luis
HERMANS Ben
HERRADA LOPEZ Jesus
HESJEDAL Ryder
HINCAPIE George
HIVERT Jonathan
HONDO Danilo
HOOGERLAND Johnny
HORNER Chris
HOWARD Leigh
HOWES Alex
HUNTER Robert
HUTAROVICH Yauheni
IGLINSKIY Maxim
IGLINSKIY Valentin
IGNATIEV Mikhail
INTXAUSTI ELORRIAGA Beñat
IRIARTE GARRO Francisco Javier
IVANOV Serguei
IZAGIRRE INSAUSTI Gorka
IZAGIRRE INSAUSTI Ion
JACQUES-MAYNES Ben
JOLY Sébastien
KARPETS Vladimir
KASHECHKIN Andrey
KENNAUGH Peter
KESSIAKOFF Fredrik
KEUKELEIRE Jens
KING Benjamin
KIRCHEN Kim
KIRYIENKA Vasil
KISERLOVSKI Robert
KLIER Andreas
KLÖDEN Andreas
KONIG Leopold
KONOVALOVAS Ignatas
KOREN Kristjan
KREDER Michel
KREUZIGER Roman
KRISTOFF Alexander
KROON Karsten
KRUIJSWIJK Steven
KUMP Marko
KUSCHYNSKI Aleksandr
KWIATKOWSKI Michal
LACOMBE Keven
LADAGNOUS Matthieu
LANCASTER Brett
LANDA MEANA Mikel
LANDIS Floyd
LANGEVELD Sebastian
LE LAY David
LEQUATRE Geoffroy
LEWIS Craig
LLOYD Matthew
LÖFKVIST Thomas
LOWE Trent
LUND Anders
MAASKANT Martijn
MACHADO Tiago Jose Pinto
MADRAZO RUIZ Angel
MAES Nikolas
MALACARNE Davide
MALORI Adriano
MARQUE PORTO Alejandro Manuel
MARTENS Paul
MARTIN Daniel
MARYCZ Jaroslaw
MASCIARELLI Francesco
MATTHEWS Michael
MAYOZ ETXEBERRIA Iban
MEIER Christian
MENCHOV Denis
MEYER Cameron
MEYER Travis
MIRONOV Alexander
MODOLO Sacha
MOINARD Amaël
MOLLEMA Bauke
MOLMY Arnaud
MONCOUTIÉ David
MORABITO Steve
MORENO BAZAN Javier
MORTENSEN Martin
MUTO Pasquale
NAPOLITANO Danilo
NAVARRO GARCIA Daniel
NIEMIEC Przemyslaw
NIERMANN Grischa
NIEVE ITURRALDE Mikel
NIZZOLO Giacomo
NOCENTINI Rinaldo
NORDHAUG Lars Petter
NUYENS Nick
OFFREDO Yoann
O'GRADY Stuart
OLIVEIRA Nelson Felipe Santos
OSS Daniel
OVECHKIN Artem
PARDILLA BELLON Sergio
PATE Danny
PAULINHO Sergio Miguel Moreira
PAUWELS Serge
PEDERSEN Martin
PELLIZOTTI Franco
PETERSON Thomas
PETIT Adrien
PHINNEY Taylor
PINEAU Jérôme
PINFOLD Andrew
PIRES Bruno Manuel Silva
PLAZA MOLINA Ruben
PLIUSCHIN Alexandre
POELS Wout
PONZI Simone
POPOVYCH Yaroslav
PORTE Richie
POSSONI Morris
POSTHUMA Joost
POUX Paul
POZZATO Filippo
PUJOL MUÑOZ Oscar
QUINTANA ROJAS Nairo Alexander
QUINZIATO Manuel
RASMUSSEN Alex
RASMUSSEN Michael
RATTO Daniele
REIJNEN Kiel
RENSHAW Mark
RICCO Riccardo
ROE Timothy
ROHREGGER Thomas
ROLLIN Dominique
RUJANO GUILLEN Jose Humberto
SABATINI Fabio
SAGAN Juraj
SAGAN Peter
SALERNO Cristiano
SAMOILAU Branislau
SANTAMBROGIO Mauro
SANZ UNZUE Enrique
SARMIENTO TUNARROSA Cayetano Jose
SASTRE CANDIL Carlos
SCHUMACHER Stefan
SEELDRAEYERS Kevin
SELANDER Bjorn
SELLA Emanuele
SICARD Romain
SINKEWITZ Patrik
SIUTSOU Kanstantsin
SLAGTER Tom Jelte
SOLARI Luca
SOLER HERNANDEZ Juan Mauricio
SPILAK Simon
STANNARD Ian
STEEGMANS Gert
STEENSEN André
STETINA Peter
STEVENSON Michael
STYBAR Zdenek
SUTTON Christopher
SWIFT Ben
SZMYD Sylwester
TAARAMÄE Rein
TALANSKY Andrew
TEN DAM Laurens
TERPSTRA Niki
THOMAS Geraint
TIRALONGO Paolo
TONDO VOLPINI Xavier
TSCHOPP Johann
TUFT Svein
TXURRUKA ANSOLA Amets
ULISSI Diego
URAN URAN Rigoberto
VAITKUS Tomas
VALJAVEC Tadej
VALLS FERRI Rafael
VAN AVERMAET Greg
VAN DEN BROECK Jurgen
VAN GARDEREN Tejay
VAN HUFFEL Wim
VAN IMPE Kevin
VAN POPPEL Boy
VANDE VELDE Christian
VANMARCKE Sep
VANSUMMEREN Johan
VANTOMME Maxime
VEIKKANEN Jussi
VEILLEUX David
VICIOSO ARCOS Angel
VINOKOUROV Alexandre
VIVIANI Elia
WALKER Johnnie
WEENING Pieter
WEGELIUS Charles
WEYLANDT Wouter
WIGGINS Bradley
WILLEMS Frederik
WURF Cameron
WYSS Marcel
ZABRISKIE David

Edit, fixed for typos.

mr. tibbs said:
Lol, thanks for making me feel a little better about not actually opening this thread until it was too late. At first, I thought you'd sent it to some random G-mailer, but then I realized it's a CN PM thing. G-mail would have been funnier.

Great idea, Hugo. This will be fun to follow.

Riders I would have def chosen off the top of my head:

Boonen: He can't do any worse.
Machado: May be the big non-Tour revelation of 2011
A. Schleck: It's worth the gamble that Contador won't be at the Tour.
Anton: The Vuelta.
Pozzato: Just cuz.
Kloden: Ditto.
Breschel: On the off chance he wins Flanders.

Anywho, great idea. Looking forward to watching it develop.

Yeah its a shame you missed out, but at least you didnt open it till it was already over, so you wont have the feeling of regret.

All your other riders are good. Kloeden would have been a wild card. But bare in mind that CQ doesnt really reward that much for winning just the Tour. Moreover 2nd place gets almost as much as 1st. So Schleck stepping up one on the podium wont give him a big difference. In fact bare in mind he won 2 stages, his 5th in Arenberg, and top10 in the other mountain stages.If he wins the tour and fails to match those stage performanes he might lose points.

who dat said:
Interesting teams and great comp started by hugo! can't believe some of the riders that I missed out on especially anton if he manages to stay on his bike could be buy of the season.

Dont worry about Anton.

Anton this year won a stage in Romandie (because of Balas dq) Came 4th in FW and 6th in Liege, 9th in Burgos and Romandie, up there in every stage of Castille y Leon + came 2nd overall, came 2nd in Klassika Primavera and won 2 stages in Vuelta + bunch of points for leaders jersey.

For us, he can do better, but CQ wise, those are pretty solid results there. If he were to win both Giro and Vuelta, he would struggle to double this years total. Thats the best case scenarion.

Even if Anton were to top 10 Giro and win Vuelta (and thats also a better than likely scenario) he would only surpass his total slightly.

So even if Anton were to have a truly great season, Cq wise he wouldnt be that great a buy.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Evans - say no more.

Van avermaet - Expecting a big year from him. The Guy should do well in AGR

Moinard - Handy pick up for my favourite team. Strong climber and should get some opportunities in some lesser races to lead.

Blanco - Libertine has told me this guy is quite good and has won the prestigious race Tour of portugal.

Morabito - had a solid year last year but suffered from illness in the early year and had some bad luck in some later year races. Showed his potential in the TDS and he is ready to lead BMC in some stage races.

Kristoff - had some decent results all last year. The guy is a talent. He is ready to step up and take leadership in many big races and start winning.

Ballan - for a guy of this guys calibre and the average year he had, he should at least double his value. If he has the form he will podium in De Ronde

Haussler - dissapointing 2010 barred with injury. Immense talent. Time to shine.

Ivanov - strong classics rider, should be able to get some good results in the classics and pick up a stage or two in stage races and GT's

Cantwell - surprised nobody has looked at this guy. Cheap bargain and very fast. His value will sky rocket.

Sutton - with more opportunities he should be able to win some races. Potential to double value

Cardoso - Seeing this guy throughout the year, especially at tdu, the guy if given opportunities should be able to double value. Look out for him at a race like AGR. Kinda like valverde in a way except doesn't climb as well as him.

Hunter - Should do better that 186. Getting old and may have more opportunities as Pegasus.

Bos - the guy is super quick and should pick up many points in the early season races and might do well in MSR. Was a bargain at 182

Howard - focusing on the road now, with greipel gone, will have many more opportunities. Beat farrar, boonen and other top sprinters in oman this year.

Furlan - decent sprinter and should pick some points up in smaller races.

Quinziato - at 144 points, mega bargain. Could at least quadruple amount of points and expect him to do well in classics and other races in belgium.

Anton - favourite for il giro and should do well in any race he starts in.

Stannard - Bargain and filler. I guess he could do a bit better than 110 next year

Renshaw - very fast and with griepel gone he should have a shot at some big races. Hope he gets some opportunities instead of being stuck leading out for cavendish.

Bookwalter - has some potential on climbs, was a bargain and could win some prologues and short tt's this year.

Tiralongo - I think he was 8th at la vuelta in 2009, had some poor luck this year. Should easily do better than 101

Vandevelde- shocker of a year. Should easily do better than 90

O'Grady - should get some decent results in classics and do better than 88

Lancaster - should do well in some early season races and maybe get some results in the classics.

Pellizotti - others have already explained though it is uncertain who he will be ridinf with next year.

B Feilliu - guy has a lot of talent and will have many more opportunities to do well in.

De la fuente - should have some opportunties to do well in some stage races with riis. Bargain at 72.

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
[/QUOTE]
Dont worry about Anton.

Anton this year won a stage in Romandie (because of Balas dq) Came 4th in FW and 6th in Liege, 9th in Burgos and Romandie, up there in every stage of Castille y Leon + came 2nd overall, came 2nd in Klassika Primavera and won 2 stages in Vuelta + bunch of points for leaders jersey.

For us, he can do better, but CQ wise, those are pretty solid results there. If he were to win both Giro and Vuelta, he would struggle to double this years total. Thats the best case scenarion.

Even if Anton were to top 10 Giro and win Vuelta (and thats also a better than likely scenario) he would only surpass his total slightly.

So even if Anton were to have a truly great season, Cq wise he wouldnt be that great a buy.[/QUOTE]

When you put it like that probably was lucky that I forgot about him

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Well that's not fair. I was going to submit my team (which I spend ages picking) last night but figured we had till december 31st and now I log I'n after just finishing work to find out I can no longer enter. Pretty annoying.

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Dont worry about Anton.

So even if Anton were to have a truly great season, Cq wise he wouldnt be that great a buy.

Reading what you just said in the context of this game probably was lucky I missed him, as a fan let's hope he stays on the bike this year

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
Well that's not fair. I was going to submit my team (which I spend ages picking) last night but figured we had till december 31st and now I log I'n after just finishing work to find out I can no longer enter. Pretty annoying.

Don't delete your team. Maybe you should PM Hugo as it isn't really fair that the cut out dates have changed. I think quite a few other posters would like to have a go at this game.

The hitch, any gain it still a gain and i think Anton is a good buy. Some of the guys you have will also go down.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:

It's ok, if we get the spreadsheets working probably hopefully Hugo let's more people join... There seem to be a few regulars who have missed out.

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure if everyone helps out with keeping track of scores it shouldn't be to hard, which should allow alot more people to join.

Don't think hugo was expecting this many people to be interested:)

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:

Timmy cheer up. You already used up your luck for the year when you came 3rd (was it) in the Tour game, and as i recall top of the regular posters. ;)

auscyclefan94 said:
Don't delete your team. Maybe you should PM Hugo as it isn't really fair that the cut out dates have changed. I think quite a few other posters would like to have a go at this game.

The hitch, any gain it still a gain and i think Anton is a good buy. Some of the guys you have will also go down.

Ignsve pointed out that the winner will be looking at 15000 cq points maybe 20 000.

Thats a factor of 2 or more.

Thats a return of 2000 points per every 1000

For any single 1000 points to become an assett in the game you need a return of at least 2000.

For the failed 1000 pointers you should be hoping the return can be limited to between breaking even and a return of 1500.

Anton is 1000 points almost. Thats 1/7.6th og your cash, you dont have that much.

His return on every 1000 is 2000 at best. At best.

If he were to win the Vuelta his most likely return would be about 1300. So even if he were to have a career defining season his gain would still be way below your needed total for him to be an asset in the game, and inside the total i would define as a wasted 1000 points.

Thats for the competition, though in this game the actuall winning is nowhere near as important as the taking part.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch, to expect a team's value to double is stupid. I doubt many will get near that. There will be at least a handful of decreases in peoples teams unless you are a genius or can tell the future.

Saying "That's for the competition" to me was uncalled for.

The tams who I personally think will do wel are Parrulo, Libertine Seguros, ingsve & ferminal from looking at their teams.

The Hitch said:
Ignsve pointed out that the winner will be looking at 15000 cq points maybe 20 000.

Thats a factor of 2 or more.

Thats a return of 2000 points per every 1000

For any single 1000 points to become an assett in the game you need a return of at least 2000.

For the failed 1000 pointers you should be hoping the return can be limited to between breaking even and a return of 1500.

Anton is 1000 points almost. Thats 1/7.6th og your cash, you dont have that much.

His return on every 1000 is 2000 at best. At best.

If he were to win the Vuelta his most likely return would be about 1300. So even if he were to have a career defining season his gain would still be way below your needed total for him to be an asset in the game, and inside the total i would define as a wasted 1000 points.

Thats for the competition, though in this game the actuall winning is nowhere near as important as the taking part.

Ya, if you look at th CQ ranking historically then there are never more than a handful of people who get more than 2000 points per year and that usually means doing well in the classics as well as podiuming a GT and winning a week long stage race or two plus stages etc.

This means that any rider above 1000 points to start with will have to have a year like never before and that few riders ever have to get a decent return on investment.

auscyclefan94 said:
The Hitch, to expect a team's value to double is stupid. I doubt many will get near that. There will be at least a handful of decreases in peoples teams unless you are a genius or can tell the future.

The tams who I personally think will do wel are Parrulo, Libertine Seguros, ingsve & ferminal from looking at their teams.

Well, it's unrealistic for everyones team to double in value but the winning team will certainly get close to that or even better I think. If you look earlier in this thread someone posted what the optimal team last year would have been and that team ended up close to 25000 points which is more than trippeling. That's of course not possible without hindsight but doubling is certainly possible with the right riders and the right luck and out of 28 or more teams someone is bound to get really lucky.

auscyclefan94 said:
No you're just Scum! You like spanish and portuguese riders and they are all dopers!!!!

that was a funny one

auscyclefan94 said:
<3

i started with my biased self

Tiago Machado- has the potential had a great first season on the pro tour calender and will lead radioshack at the giro. i have big hopes for him. also he got a decent amount of points with no participation on GT's and the classics. so not bad.

Manuel Cardoso - radioshack has no1 else like him so he will be their main bet for several races. he isn't as fast as canvendish but he has a good kick for hilly finishs(proven by his tdu win) i hope he at least dobles his value with the pro tour experience he got

Sergio Paulinho- radioshack will bring him again as a domestiquer for the tour and once all their leaders fail(wich they will) he will save the team again with a stage win :p

Nelson Oliveira- this guy is a pure GT GC rider. good climbing and good TT. i hope he does well on some minor races. he only had 150 points so it shouldn't be hard to get more.

now my biased self is gone xD

Tom Boonen- bad season for his standarts, was cheap and canc isn't doing cobbles. the RVV PR double a good MSR placing his within his reach.

Franco Pellizotti- no need to say anything

Damiano Cunego- bad season last year and will be super focused on the classics this year. one of the 4 hilly classics his for him no doubt

John Degenkolb- cheap guy and great talent. that all that needs to be said

Fabio Duarte- first time in europe but he has the talent there. i hope to see great thinsg from him

Sylwester Szmyd- the dauphine will go for him this year :p

Jose Rujano- great giro(i hope)

Heinrich Haussler- again no need to say anything about this one

Juan Mauricio Soler- if he stays out of injuries will get a lot of points and since he only costed 46 he is a great choice.(also he seemed a bit over his weight on that MTF with contador anton ans mosquera, dunno but i had an idea of him a bit thiner)

Romain Sicard- small price and great talent bond to explode

Mikel Nieve- no need to say anything again as many also picke dhim

Michael Matthews- i think he can get some good results this season.

Rafael Valls- hope he does well on smaller races. a bit like machado last year but with less TT skills.

Theo Bos- back to rabo he will prolly have a great season

Gert Steegmans- the QS effect is strong within him

David Blanco- as a person he is just super funny and a great guy. that would be enough for me to select him but he is a great rider and he will surprise a lot of people.

Thomas Löfkvist- his focus on the giro is a great choice.

Rigoberto Uran- prolly is going to get his first great GT performance.(top 10 somewhere maybe kom at the tour)

Alessandro Ballan- as a back up in case boonen fails and he gets back to his old self.

Emanuelle Sella- looking at the giro course i can see this guy will do great.

Taylor Phinney- had to choose some1 to finisht he team and even tho i dislike him i admit he has some TT talent and maybe cobble talent.

so this is my team. any opinions?

also libertine i am surprised you chose andre cardoso. if he was on a pro tour team he would be on my team hands down. but he is stuck on a portuguese continental team even tho he has some huge talent(top 15 at the worlds when it was the only time on this season and prolly carrer that he rode a distance that long) so i can't see him get much more then that he already has.

auscyclefan94 said:
This
ingsve said:
This means that any rider above 1000 points to start with will have to have a year like never before and that few riders ever have to get a decent return on investment.

Riders at 200 points can multiply their totals by 5. That gives you room for some of them too fail. Its like the the animal kingdom. The zebras cross knowing that a handful will get killed by the alligators. But the pack will survive.

You have 5 riders at 200. Say 2 of them fail. So you lose 100 each. But another 2 double their total, thats 200 gain each way, and the 5th triples his total. thats a 400 gain. So 400 + 200 + 200 - 100 = 700. 1700 return for a 1000 buy.
If however you choose Cav at 1200, to get the 700 point increase, Cav would probably have to win 7 stages of Tour + hold mv from first week all the way. Win MSR. win GW and win the worlds and win 5 stages each in Giro and Vuelta.

And thats a conservative score for 5 riders. Haussler can quintuple his total. That means a gain of 800. So i take my bad apples. Niemiec, Guarnieri Valls and Sella. Say Niemiec loses 300 (which he probably wont) Guarnieri loses 100, Valls loses 200 and Sella loses 100 (all pretty much worst case scenarios). The Haussler gain alone would offset the losses from my worst riders and given me 100 points extra.

So i get 1300 from my worst batch. While on the other side, my more solid riders are building up a bigger score.

That wasnt directed at you. I havent even seen your team yet ACF so i cant judge it. My point was my post included a lot of calculations making it look like im really competitive about it and the point is im not. For me the taking part is more important.

The tams who I personally think will do wel are Parrulo, Libertine Seguros, ingsve & ferminal from looking at their teams

Libertine i think has got it wrong as far as Cq rankings go. I think he might have miscalculated them because he says Niemiec might get kom at Giro but kom at Giro is worth only 70 points. I dont know what hell win to get him the 460 he cost. I made the niemiec mistake too.

Anyway he has 9 riders overlaping with me.
9 of Ferminals guys overlap with mine. 10 of ingsve guys overlap with mine.
16 of Parullos 26 guys over lap with me. Thats 61% with Parullo.

So if these guys do well, i do well:D

Thanks acf;)

Parrulo said:
also libertine i surprised you chose andre cardoso. if he was on a pro tour team he would be on my team hands down. but he is stuck on a portuguese continental team even tho he has some huge talent(top 15 at the worlds when it was the only time on this season and prolly carrer that he rode a distance that long) so i can't see him get much more then that he already has.
A few continental guys is a good thing to have. Cardoso at 134 could be a good buy. Look at visconti last year getting huge ammounts of points and Vacan coming 8th overall, beating half the pt teams cq wise.

But once you get past the portugese riders, all the guys you have, i have
Great minds think alike.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
who dat said:
I'm sure if everyone helps out with keeping track of scores it shouldn't be to hard, which should allow alot more people to join.

Don't think hugo was expecting this many people to be interested:)

Keeping track of the scores isn't tough.

CQ has a weekly .xls file available for download with the points of the various riders.

The annoying part isn't keeping the scores, it's getting the teams entered into a spreadsheet with names that exactly match what the CQrankings have. Once they match, you just do a simple vlookup based on the name entered in the spreadsheet, so we can download the weekly file, paste the sheet into the lookup sheet in the scoring excel file and everything will just update automatically.

I don't mind setting it up for Hugo if he's not an excel guy... but I'd appreciate help with the proper names for each person's team. If you want to either post your team here with the proper names that CQ uses, or PM them to me (or PM them to Hugo again if he wants to do it himself), it would save a bunch of time. Ferminal has a post earlier which apparently lists the proper names for all the riders selected.

I don't know what our commish wants to do about letting more people in... but with the spreadsheet setup that way there's not much time involved with updating scores. Of course the people coming later would be able to see the earlier crowd's entries, but having more take part is always fun.

TRENDING THREADS