• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 100 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
With Solers chances have gone mine.

A 240 from him in TDS would have put me back in. A good performance in the Tour was also on the cards.

He was the big rider i had that some people didnt.

Its over.

Time to concentrate on 2012 ?

:p

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
That Kiriyenka guy is just unstoppable. Too bad I dont have him. Who would have thought that Gilbert or Contador may be a very profitable riders at that cost. I went with Spartacus but those two are just cash cows. I will be lucky to stay in top 20 after this week.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Congrats to Ingsve... first rider into positive territory in terms of what he spent.

HOWEVER... since he didn't spend all 7500 points, he's still 14 points shy of breaking into positive territory based on that marker. Still, excellent work!

El Pistolero said:
Gilbert and Contador already close to breaking even compared to last year.

Who would of though of that to happen so soon in the season? :p

Indeed. They are likely to best their scores of last year and it would've been a risky bet to take them. They need to earn a lot more points compared to last year to really be valuable.

kurtinsc said:
Congrats to Ingsve... first rider into positive territory in terms of what he spent.

HOWEVER... since he didn't spend all 7500 points, he's still 14 points shy of breaking into positive territory based on that marker. Still, excellent work!

Thanks. I'm guessing that this weeks Nationals will bring me over 7500. There might also be a few more people that can get over if Nationals are good to them.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I do wonder if my team may have peaked at 14th this week. There's a bit of a gap to the 13th placed rider (202 points), so I'll need a pretty big gain on anyone to move up. I'm 361 points from 10th though, so I do hope I at least make the top 10 for one week during the season.

I don't know how the teams ahead of me are set up for the Tour, but I have some shots at GC points with Van den Broeck, Vandevelde, Wiggins and Mollema. Maybe it's possible to get that top 10 spot.

kurtinsc said:
I do wonder if my team may have peaked at 14th this week. There's a bit of a gap to the 13th placed rider (202 points), so I'll need a pretty big gain on anyone to move up. I'm 361 points from 10th though, so I do hope I at least make the top 10 for one week during the season.

I don't know how the teams ahead of me are set up for the Tour, but I have some shots at GC points with Van den Broeck, Vandevelde, Wiggins and Mollema. Maybe it's possible to get that top 10 spot.

I also got those except for Vandenbroeck, but I got Gesink instead :D
The rivalry continues.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Kwibus said:
I also got those except for Vandenbroeck, but I got Gesink instead :D
The rivalry continues.

I've got Danielson as well for a possible top 20 GC plaicing now that he's riding the tour. Frankly, I didn't expect him to be there.

Interesting in looking at your team... we overlap quite a bit. Boom, Bos, Degenkolb, Duarte, Cobo, Haussler, Talansky, Hoogerland, Pellizotti, Sicard, Phinney... seems we had a lot of the same ideas.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
There doesn't seem to have been an offical update so I will do an unoffical update.

The top ten

1. ingsve 7486
2. LukeSchmid 7126
3. Pcutter 6859
4. Handbrake 6775
5. The Hitch 6753
6. theyoungest 6633
7. Bumeington 6510
8. Waterloo 6498
9. Bicing 6477
10. AAC1983 6471

So ingsve maintains a handy but reduced lead over LukeSchmid who stormed past Pcutter to retake second. Bicing returns to the top ten in place of Parrulo who fell to 11th.
I am really enjoying this competition, thank you again for your brilliance Hugo.

LukeSchmid said:
There doesn't seem to have been an offical update so I will do an unoffical update.

The top ten

1. ingsve 7486
2. LukeSchmid 7126
3. Pcutter 6859
4. Handbrake 6775
5. The Hitch 6753
6. theyoungest 6633
7. Bumeington 6510
8. Waterloo 6498
9. Bicing 6477
10. AAC1983 6471

So ingsve maintains a handy but reduced lead over LukeSchmid who stormed past Pcutter to retake second. Bicing returns to the top ten in place of Parrulo who fell to 11th.
I am really enjoying this competition, thank you again for your brilliance Hugo.

Ya, you had a very good week. You had all of the same big scorers as me and a couple more that reduced the gap quite a bit.

We'll see what happens at the Tour. I think I need both Wiggins and Cunego to do really well to even have a shot at staying on top.

Just looked over my team to realise where it has gone so massively wrong. A couple of people I shouldn't have picked..

Cavendish - unless he wins stages + pts jerseys at the Tour and Vuelta then I can see him barely breaking even. Maybe he will win the Worlds somehow.

Andy - Kinda banked on AC not riding the Tour. Also can't see Andy getting in yellow for consecutive days again.

Ricco - :rolleyes:

Colombian es Pasion - 8 points profit in total. Should've got some guys who were in Europe more.

Karpets + Ignatiev - Embarrassing.

Most of my other guys are doing ok/well though.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I've got some really good picks like Kiryenka, Nuyens, Wiggins, Sivstov etc.

Unfortunately all their good work is undone, and more, by Breschel, Cavendish, Devolder, Kolobnev, Barredo, Lorenzetto.... :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS