CQ ranking

Page 126 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
kurtinsc said:
I just have to brag on myself a bit.

I was one of the "early entrants" and I'm pretty excited that despite not being able to view others entries I'm sitting in 6th place as of the last CQ update released. When I looked at my team and all the great looking picks that I had overlooked (and the fact I didn't max out the allowed number of riders), I thought top 25 or so would be as good as it would get. Instead... top 10.

I'm very happy about that. :)
I was one of the early entrants as well which I guess goes to show that having that extra information that people got wasn't necessarily a huge advantage. I did max out on number of riders though which is an advantage.
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
im with kwibus, i aint gonna be discussing my picks too much :p

But with the nature and discussions points in this forum, I can imagine a lot of riders / areas being picked clean.

Potentially i can see a lot of similar teams.
 
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
im with kwibus, i aint gonna be discussing my picks too much :p

But with the nature and discussions points in this forum, I can imagine a lot of riders / areas being picked clean.

Potentially i can see a lot of similar teams.
I think the main thing that will make teams similar is that now everyone has seen how a season plays out with this game which gives better understanding about what is a good pick and what's not.
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
I was more in refrence to the actually discussion in the main foum.

For example, I have no doubts ryo's rambling and hype doing will ultimately infleunce picks in this game. Naturally big hype and disscusion points in the main forums will transfer reflect in this game.
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
Interestingly, I actually had a very nice season. Except 3 riders, really hurt me.

The positives:
Niki Terpstra +32
Steven Kruijswijk +237
Laurens Ten Dam +357
Lars Boom +144
Theo Bos +281
Stef Clement +128
Dennis Van Winden +91
Wouter Poels +415
Joost Van Leijen +218
Jens Debusschere +51
Kevin Seeldraeyers +166
Nick Nuyens +288
Timothy Roe +13
Mark Renshaw +188
John Degenkolb +567
Heinrich Haussler +245
Thomas Vaitkus +119
Marc De Maar +37
Juan Jose Cobo +1048
Amets Txurruka +88
Phillip Deignan +97
Taylor Phinney +127
Juan Mauricio Soler +12
Rigoberto Uran +322
Jose Rujano +263

The negatives, that weren't so bad:
Posthuma -1
Hoste -71
Slagter -11
Martijn Maaskant -71 // injuries ruined his season. He looked very good early in the cobbles.
Pellozotti -60 // I knew the risks

The guys what was the difference between a potential podium and where I am now (barely in top 20)
1. Ricardo Ricco -732 // He was risky, and I paid the price.
2. Anton -318 // He really screwed me also. going into the season with the giro/vuelta program I was convinced he would be a key to my big score.
3. Robert Gesink -538 // a disaster, badluck filled season for gesink hurt me bad.

These men cost me 3114. And my return: 1526.
That is not good. considering I still got over 11,000 points after this I am happy. That means my remaining 4,000+ point picks got me almost 10,000 return. Had I gone for visconti, EBH and cunego instead (almost 200 points cheaper also) I would have been close to 13500 total. A shame...

That IMO that was the difference, cause the majority of my other picks were good ones in hindsight.
 
Jun 11, 2009
280
0
0
ingsve said:
I was one of the early entrants as well which I guess goes to show that having that extra information that people got wasn't necessarily a huge advantage. I did max out on number of riders though which is an advantage.
It wasn't.

As a late entrant I spent most of the time viewing this thread skipping long lists of names trying to avoid potentially good picks, but your eyes can't help but pick out a name or two, and with all the complaining going around you knew you couldn't pick them even if you may have found them independitly later on.


On a related note the two riders I'm most annoyed about not selecting are Wout Poels and Matthew Goss, both spent more than a little while in my team only to be replace by I dread to think who later on.
 
Jul 20, 2010
269
0
0
My suggestions to add more tactical nuances and prevent people from having squads that are too similar.

1. Increase budget to 10,000 and max squad size to 39

2. Team Leaders: A squad's three 'highest paid' riders must have a value of at least 2,500

3. Neo-pros: Classified as U25 and have only raced above Cont level as a stagiare. Each squad must possess at least 3 of these riders.
 
Update 40

I apologize for the very late update - my trip was a little longer than planned!

380 points. 380 points separate ingsve from Waterloo Sunrise who gains 164 points on ingsve this week and is among this weeks high scorers. The last big points are about to be handed out, and we're getting close to be able to crown a winner of the game. In the top 10 the only change is LukeSchmid who jumps two places and pushes Kwibus and Armchair Cyclist one place down.

Top 10

1. (1) ingsve - 13830
2. (2) Waterloo Sunrise - 13450
3. (3) mc_mountain - 12670
4. (4) Handbrake - 12504
5. (5) Sneekes - 12321
6. (6) kurtinsc - 12162
7. (7) The Hitch - 12084
8. (10) LukeSchmid - 11999
9. (8) Kwibus - 11993
10. (9) Armchair Cyclist - 11975


This weeks high scorers

1. AAC1983 - 341
2. coppiman - 339
3. skidmark - 322
4. Waterloo Sunrise - 296
5. EvansIsTheBest - 291

This weeks high jumpers

1. skidmark +5
2. EvansIsTheBest +4
3. coppiman +3
3. henry olonga +3
5. Sydney21 +2
5. LukeSchmid +2
5. Object +2
5. nvpacchi +2
5. Zaschrona +2

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2XSFB9ND
http://www.crocko.com/788E60433CAC42B28ED63DCE2EB8F680/CQ Rankings Spreadsheet update 40.xls
 
I by the way agree with Timmy that the biggest influence on this game is the discussions going on in the main forum. It's just the nature of the game that teams will be somewhat similar. It will be the small edges that will decide the winner.
 
Hugo Koblet said:
Update 40

Top 10

1. (1) ingsve - 13830
2. (2) Waterloo Sunrise - 13450
3. (3) mc_mountain - 12670
4. (4) Handbrake - 12504
5. (5) Sneekes - 12321
6. (6) kurtinsc - 12162
7. (7) The Hitch - 12084
8. (10) LukeSchmid - 11999
9. (8) Kwibus - 11993
10. (9) Armchair Cyclist - 11975
9th place. Quite proud of that considering I only really started following cycling after the 2010 Giro. So I didn't know many names before that time. Picks like Cobo were made, because people on here said you could pick him up for 0 points. So I just added him when I had some spots left.

Big positives: (+500)
COBO ACEBO Juan Jose +1048
WIGGINS Bradley +946
MOLLEMA Bauke +577
DEGENKOLB John +567

Positive:
POELS Wout +415
VANDE VELDE Christian +385
SCHUMACHER Stefan +356
MATTHEWS Michael +344
BOS Theo +281
HAUSSLER Heinrich +245 (expected a lot more, like everyone)
STYBAR Zdenek +163
TALANSKY Andrew +153
BOOM Lars +146
BOZIC Borut +129
NORDHAUG L P +129
CLEMENT Stef +128
PHINNEY Taylor +127
DUARTE Fabio +105
TERPSTRA Niki +32
SOLER Mauricio +12

Negative:
NAVARRO Daniel -12
WEGMANN Fabian -34
FEILLU Brice -40
KASHECHKIN Andrey -56 (lol)
PELLIZOTTI Franco -60
HOOGERLAND Johnny -149
SICARD Romain -174 (hope he recovers)
GESINK Robert -538
RICCO Riccardo -732


9 riders with negative numbers which is quite much I think. The first 4 really saved this game for me.
 
Hugo Koblet said:
Update 40

I apologize for the very late update - my trip was a little longer than planned!

380 points. 380 points separate ingsve from Waterloo Sunrise who gains 164 points on ingsve this week and is among this weeks high scorers. The last big points are about to be handed out, and we're getting close to be able to crown a winner of the game. In the top 10 the only change is LukeSchmid who jumps two places and pushes Kwibus and Armchair Cyclist one place down.
At this point I'm feeling fairly confident. With only 2 races left in the last week, Tour of Hainan and Japan Cup. As far as I can see Waterloo Sunrise doesn't have an riders in those races so unless I've missed something I should be safe as far as new results are concerned.

What remains is to see what happens with doping cases for the rest of the year. Things could change quickly if anything happens in the cases of Lampre with Ballan and Cunego or if there is anything going on with Cobo for example. I'm glad the margin is more than 284 points which is what Alex Rasmussen risks loosing if he gets suspended for being absent at 3 tests.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
1
0
Okay, I was bored so I thought I would post some statisitcs regarding the game.

Mean Score: 9827.88 (51% were above)
Standard Deviation: 1738.11
Min Score: 3420
Median Score: 9911
Max Score: 13830
IQR: 2156.5
Range: 10410
90.91% of players made a profit

There was a relatively symmetrical distribution of scores which is not surprising.
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
Sylvester said:
I followed the game closely this year, and I think 40 / 8500 would not change the game a lot and would make for a more interesting competition.
the more i think about the more i like the idea of more riders. And I was one claiming the 30 keeps it more realistic.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
1
0
would be nice to know the number of riders allowed and max points so people can make their teams accordingly to the restrictions.
 
ingsve said:
At this point I'm feeling fairly confident. With only 2 races left in the last week, Tour of Hainan and Japan Cup. As far as I can see Waterloo Sunrise doesn't have an riders in those races so unless I've missed something I should be safe as far as new results are concerned.

What remains is to see what happens with doping cases for the rest of the year. Things could change quickly if anything happens in the cases of Lampre with Ballan and Cunego or if there is anything going on with Cobo for example. I'm glad the margin is more than 284 points which is what Alex Rasmussen risks loosing if he gets suspended for being absent at 3 tests.
I'm fairly sure I can congratulate you on the win. Grats!
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
1
0
Kwibus said:
I'd say lower budget and stick to 30 or 35 riders. This forces people to make harder choices.
Max 30 riders so it actually like a real procycling team and have the maximum 7500. This will make it realistic and still make it challenging enough for people to be forced into making difficult choices.
 
Kwibus said:
I'd say lower budget and stick to 30 or 35 riders. This forces people to make harder choices.
I'm not sure that'll bring harder choices. There's the risk of a restricted budget making everyone buy nothing but bargains, and those are generally pretty easy to identify. I'd say there's harder decisions involved when you have to pick expensive riders who can still turn a profit. Anyway we have the whole of November to discuss this stuff, the season isn't officially over yet.
 
Dec 27, 2010
6,674
0
0
Having started selecting my team, I think we hit on a good value this year with regards to points and riders - i wouldn't change anything.
 
auscyclefan94 said:
would be nice to know the number of riders allowed and max points so people can make their teams accordingly to the restrictions.
What's the hurry? There are still more than two months till the new season starts.

As I've mentioned, I'll create an evaluation thread after Japan Cup to discuss this and next season.

Besides, it would be pretty silly to send in teams now when the season hasn't finished, all transfers aren't done and riders can still get injuried or banned.
 
Hugo Koblet said:
Update 40

I apologize for the very late update - my trip was a little longer than planned!

380 points. 380 points separate ingsve from Waterloo Sunrise who gains 164 points on ingsve this week and is among this weeks high scorers. The last big points are about to be handed out, and we're getting close to be able to crown a winner of the game. In the top 10 the only change is LukeSchmid who jumps two places and pushes Kwibus and Armchair Cyclist one place down.

Top 10

1. (1) ingsve - 13830
2. (2) Waterloo Sunrise - 13450
3. (3) mc_mountain - 12670
4. (4) Handbrake - 12504
5. (5) Sneekes - 12321
6. (6) kurtinsc - 12162
7. (7) The Hitch - 12084
8. (10) LukeSchmid - 11999
9. (8) Kwibus - 11993
10. (9) Armchair Cyclist - 11975


This weeks high scorers

1. AAC1983 - 341
2. coppiman - 339
3. skidmark - 322
4. Waterloo Sunrise - 296
5. EvansIsTheBest - 291

This weeks high jumpers

1. skidmark +5
2. EvansIsTheBest +4
3. coppiman +3
3. henry olonga +3
5. Sydney21 +2
5. LukeSchmid +2
5. Object +2
5. nvpacchi +2
5. Zaschrona +2

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2XSFB9ND
http://www.crocko.com/788E60433CAC42B28ED63DCE2EB8F680/CQ Rankings Spreadsheet update 40.xls
Well, I will take the minor honour of being in the highest movers for the week at the end of the season as a great reward for my investment in this game that I've been obsessed with all year.

Can't wait for next year. I feel like there'll be a diversity of teams/riders regardless of rules, which will always make it exciting to follow.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Games and Fantasy Cycling 876

ASK THE COMMUNITY