• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 124 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Something I'm struggling with right now, in preparation for 2012, is that two of my biggest fail riders: Anton and Roche, now look like good deals. But I have a deep resentment towards them because they cost me 1800+ in 2011 for only ~750 return. Then I'd also feel like an idiot for choosing the same rider twice.

You guys have this feeling too?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
bicing said:
Something I'm struggling with right now, in preparation for 2012, is that two of my biggest fail riders: Anton and Roche, now look like good deals. But I have a deep resentment towards them because they cost me 1800+ in 2011 for only ~750 return. Then I'd also feel like an idiot for choosing the same rider twice.

I was actually considering choosing Anton again as well but I gave up hope on him this season. my team is quite different for next year and have 29 riders so far with a few hundred points left. I have seriously thought about my picks this time around.

So yes, I am having some similar problems as you though for other riders I have completely given up on.

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
CQ rankings has changed the spelling of the Giro dell'Emilia winner from BETANCOURT to BETANCUR so the spreadsheet will need updating.

His win makes gives him a nice profit for the year and some good points for me. I think my team has had quite a good week.

Luke Schmid said:
CQ rankings has changed the spelling of the Giro dell'Emilia winner from BETANCOURT to BETANCUR so the spreadsheet will need updating.

His win makes gives him a nice profit for the year and some good points for me. I think my team has had quite a good week.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Quite irritating that the names change, but I guess the easiest way to do this is to change "Betancur" to "Betancourt" in the latest update.

auscyclefan94 said:
I was actually considering choosing Anton again as well but I gave up hope on him this season. my team is quite different for next year and have 29 riders so far with a few hundred points left. I have seriously thought about my picks this time around.

So yes, I am having some similar problems as you though for other riders I have completely given up on.

The best teams involve very little thought.

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
bicing said:

I have those two riders on my team as well. Anton, although he hasn't broke even, hasn't really been too much of a let down compared to Roche. I too am considering getting him back for 2012.

I plan on "extending the contracts" of as many guys as possible, as long as it makes sense. Helps to develop some form of attachment to your guys.

(That, and I'm convinced getting Vanmarcke, Martens or Oss were good choices last year, even if things didn't work out for them)

By the way, how many teams will feature Pippo next season?

Yeah, 300 CQ points is still very affordable. It's still his worst season since 2002 (!). Hell, even if he won Lombardia, I'd probably go with him (maybe especially if he won Lombardia, as that would mean he still has it and I could dump some points on him; I imagine getting to spend all the points on reasonable picks is going to be troublesome).

hrotha said:
Yeah, 300 CQ points is still very affordable. It's still his worst season since 2002 (!). Hell, even if he won Lombardia, I'd probably go with him (maybe especially if he won Lombardia, as that would mean he still has it and I could dump some points on him; I imagine getting to spend all the points on reasonable picks is going to be troublesome).

That's how I feel with his win today, almost makes me more likely to pick him.

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure I trust Pozzato, talented but very flawed. He is still on my long list and I might pick him but I think there are better picks around a similar value. And no I am not saying who.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
I plan on "extending the contracts" of as many guys as possible, as long as it makes sense. Helps to develop some form of attachment to your guys.

(That, and I'm convinced getting Vanmarcke, Martens or Oss were good choices last year, even if things didn't work out for them)

He's in my maybe's for my team. I don't trust him doing much next year but it is possible he could do something. I didn't want to have to pay too much for him.

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
I find it kinda disturbing that the last three italian one day races have been won by riders I was pretty sure I was gonna include in my team for next year!

Your judgement on the riders has been proven correct, they just started winning a little too early.

hrotha said:

Agreed. I have the same thoughts about 'extending'. I've done similar things with other sports fantasy games and it's been good.

The only problem with picking Pippo is that it's going to make me cheer for Pippo.

Update 39

A lot of points have been handed out this week - but not that much happened at the top of the leaderboard. LukeSchmid jumps into the top 10 again and pushes Ham-N-Eggs out in the dark. Kwibus earns himself two places as he moves from 10th to 8th while Armchair Cyclist drops two places.

ingsve extends his lead by 30 points as he's the 4th highest scorer this week. Waterloo Sunrise does well too, and the quest for ultimate glory now looks like a battle between these two as mc_mountain and Handbrake doesn't earn that many points this week, and with more than 1000 points up to ingsve, things are now looking rough for mc_mountain.

But, but, but.. A certain someone also finally makes some noise this week - guess who's among this weeks high jumpers? ;)

Top 10

1. (1) ingsve - 13698
2. (2) Waterloo Sunrise - 13154
3. (3) mc_mountain - 12545
4. (4) Handbrake - 12347
5. (5) Sneekes - 12239
6. (6) kurtinsc - 12101
7. (8) The Hitch - 11957
8. (10) Kwibus - 11944
9. (7) Armchair Cyclist - 11910
10. (11) LukeSchmid - 11822

High scorers this week

1. royalpig180 - 631
2. nobilis - 574
3. Kazistuta - 565
4. ingsve - 552
5. Passista - 551

High jumpers this week

1. royalpig180 +6
2. Passista +5
3. Hugo Koblet +4
3. Moondance +4
5. auscyclefan94 +3
5. hrotha +3

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ISHMS7V7
http://www.easy-share.com/A6A1197DD4344CD4B16EF62ACC1A25D0/CQ Rankings Spreadsheet update 39.xls

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
Update 39

A lot of points have been handed out this week - but not that much happened at the top of the leaderboard. LukeSchmid jumps into the top 10 again and pushes Ham-N-Eggs out in the dark. Kwibus earns himself two places as he moves from 10th to 8th while Armchair Cyclist drops two places.

ingsve extends his lead by 30 points as he's the 4th highest scorer this week. Waterloo Sunrise does well too, and the quest for ultimate glory now looks like a battle between these two as mc_mountain and Handbrake doesn't earn that many points this week, and with more than 1000 points up to ingsve, things are now looking rough for mc_mountain.

But, but, but.. A certain someone also finally makes some noise this week - guess who's among this weeks high jumpers? ;)

Top 10

1. (1) ingsve - 13698
4. (4) Handbrake - 12347
5. (5) Sneekes - 12239
6. (6) kurtinsc - 12101
7. (8) The Hitch - 11957
8. (10) Kwibus - 11944

High scorers this week

1. royalpig180 - 631
2. nobilis - 574
3. Kazistuta - 565
4. ingsve - 552
5. Passista - 551

High jumpers this week

1. royalpig180 +6
2. Passista +5
3. Hugo Koblet +4
3. Moondance +4
5. auscyclefan94 +3
5. hrotha +3

Download:
http://www.easy-share.com/A6A1197DD4344CD4B16EF62ACC1A25D0/CQ Rankings Spreadsheet update 39.xls

and what about me closing each week to the top 10 and now in 12th? :p

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
Update 39

Top 10

1. (1) ingsve - 13698
4. (4) Handbrake - 12347
5. (5) Sneekes - 12239
6. (6) kurtinsc - 12101
7. (8) The Hitch - 11957
8. (10) Kwibus - 11944

High scorers this week

1. royalpig180 - 631
2. nobilis - 574
3. Kazistuta - 565
4. ingsve - 552
5. Passista - 551

High jumpers this week

1. royalpig180 +6
2. Passista +5
3. Hugo Koblet +4
3. Moondance +4
5. auscyclefan94 +3
5. hrotha +3

Download:

Back in the top ten, good. Doubt I will stay there but this whole thing has been a surprise, I was expecting to be near the bottom, certainly not top 10.