• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Hitch said:
Well Cobo remained exactly the same but if you look at Deignan he was chosen four times out of 30 to start.

Thats 13 %. One in every 8 people.

Since then he was chosen 25 times out of 58. Thats 43%. An huge increase. 3.3 times as many people chose him after the deadline.

I think a lot of the teams submited after are superteams.

Yeah, probably, I just wanted to say that not ALL of the teams with these guys are pulled from other lists. I was alerted to Cobo's 0 score by people making a big deal of it here, but after I looked at every cq earner from this year, I went back to previous years and found him pretty quickly. I'm pretty confident I would have had exactly the same team if I hadn't read this thread, is what I mean. I actually had the opposite problem at one point, I was tempted to pick a rider over another just because he was less popular and I didn't want to just go with what other people were doing. But in the end I just picked what I thought was the best team.

Anyway, you're probably correct, but don't tar everyone with that brush. I mean, you can trust me, I'm a guy on the internet...

The Hitch said:
As i said the good thing about the 200 guys is that they have it a lot easier to regain their points from last season. See my examples with Henderson and Tangeli (or whatever) getting 90 and 60 points just from finishing in the 145 in the tour and 100th in MSR etc. and those are just 2 random examples i picked. There are definately guys out there who got 200 or so points from mediocre finishes.

As for picking riders you like, well ill be cheering on the riders i like anyway. Choosing lesser riders you dont neccesary feel anything for means you will be cheering them on as well :)

Agreed with cheering for riders I like, I find these games to be a good way to expand my appreciation for sports that I follow.

As far as your point about regaining points, I get it, I just had a different method. For example, I'd rather have a guy like Cunego (600+ points), who had some mediocre results by his standards last year, and has the potential to swap some 9th places for podiums, than have 2 300 point guys who might have the potential to swap a 'just for finishing' 5 points for something just slightly higher. There's a bigger difference between 10th and 1st than there is between not finishing and 10th. And then I can take an almost free rider who will probably be a solid finisher and get 200 more points this year, so instead of spending 600 points on 2 solid guys who probably won't go up by much, I spend it on one guy who will probably get at least 600 and maybe double, and another guy who might go from about zero to 2-300. That's just my approach.

hrotha said:
You guys overestimate me. I don't even have 33 riders, I picked most of my guys according to who I like the most and the whole thing was kind of half-assed to meet the first deadline.

Ya, I would tend to agree. I don't see that team as one of the front runners unless of course your guys have phenomenal years but that's true for all teams.

The Hitch said:
Also good teams from those with more time have Waterloo Sunrise and the youngest though Gesink will cost him.
I picked Gesink not for fanboy reasons, but because I want to win this game. And he'll win it for me. He's very consistent (very important IMO to have at least one dependable powerhouse) and unlike you I think he'll definitely score more points than last year. This is where he'll get them:

1. Tour of the Basque Country. He should have been on the podium last year, but crashed on the penultimate stage. This cost him at least 100 CQ points.

2. The Ardennes classics. He was sick last year, and underperformed heavily as a result. He never even managed to sneak into the top-10, which is where he belongs on that type of race. I hope for about 300 CQ points more this year.

3. Dauphiné/Suisse. He can get on the podium. This year he got 5th in Suisse. Cost him about 50 CQ points.

4. The Tour de France. It's tailor made for him. If he gets 4th, that's 60 CQ points more than last year already.

5. Lombardia. He didn't race it last year. He should be good for at least 100 CQ points in this race.

Possible weakness: This year he did the Canadian Protour races, next year he'll do the Vuelta. He'll have to get a Vuelta podium to score as many CQ points, which BTW is a bit insane about the CQ scoring system, but anyway. I hope he gets a respectable top-10 finish and limits the CQ points loss. This, I admit, is the most risky part.

So if everything goes according to plan (which is about time for Gesink) he gets about 500-600 CQ points more than last year :p

theyoungest said:
I picked Gesink not for fanboy reasons, but because I want to win this game. And he'll win it for me. He's very consistent (very important IMO to have at least one dependable powerhouse) and unlike you I think he'll definitely score more points than last year. This is where he'll get them:

1. Tour of the Basque Country. He should have been on the podium last year, but crashed on the penultimate stage. This cost him at least 100 CQ points.

2. The Ardennes classics. He was sick last year, and underperformed heavily as a result. He never even managed to sneak into the top-10, which is where he belongs on that type of race. I hope for about 300 CQ points more this year.

3. Dauphiné/Suisse. He can get on the podium. This year he got 5th in Suisse. Cost him about 50 CQ points.

4. The Tour de France. It's tailor made for him. If he gets 4th, that's 60 CQ points more than last year already.

5. Lombardia. He didn't race it last year. He should be good for at least 100 CQ points in this race.

Possible weakness: This year he did the Canadian Protour races, next year he'll do the Vuelta. He'll have to get a Vuelta podium to score as many CQ points, which BTW is a bit insane about the CQ scoring system, but anyway. I hope he gets a respectable top-10 finish and limits the CQ points loss. This, I admit, is the most risky part.

So if everything goes according to plan (which is about time for Gesink) he gets about 500-600 CQ points more than last year :p

Well, this is exactly the reason why Gesink is a bad pick. You predict him having an absolute perfect year and it still only gets him a 40% increase in points. That's not good enough for an investment that takes a fifth of the whole budget. And a more realistic prediction is that he will end up at between 1400-1600 points which means he's an even worse pick.

ingsve said:
Well, this is exactly the reason why Gesink is a bad pick. You predict him having an absolute perfect year and it still only gets him a 40% increase in points. That's not good enough for an investment that takes a fifth of the whole budget. And a more realistic prediction is that he will end up at between 1400-1600 points which means he's an even worse pick.
No, I predict him having a better year than last year, which frankly isn't that hard, as one of his main goals for the season (Basque Country + Ardennes classics) largely went out the window due to a crash + illness. And if he gets at least as many points as last year, that's good enough for me as well. I just need one guy of whom I'm almost sure he'll get me some big points, who isn't too big a gamble. This remains to be seen for a lot of other guys on my list.

So rather than saying he'll have a perfect season, I say he'll have a slightly more perfect season :p

skidmark said:
As far as your point about regaining points, I get it, I just had a different method. For example, I'd rather have a guy like Cunego (600+ points), who had some mediocre results by his standards last year, and has the potential to swap some 9th places for podiums, than have 2 300 point guys who might have the potential to swap a 'just for finishing' 5 points for something just slightly higher. There's a bigger difference between 10th and 1st than there is between not finishing and 10th. And then I can take an almost free rider who will probably be a solid finisher and get 200 more points this year, so instead of spending 600 points on 2 solid guys who probably won't go up by much, I spend it on one guy who will probably get at least 600 and maybe double, and another guy who might go from about zero to 2-300. That's just my approach.

I picked Cunego too because he has the potential to double his total and as i said in the early pages of this thread, you should be aiming for a return of 2000 on eveyr 1000 spent.

But looking at your list where i think you spent too big was Vangarderen Ricco and most definately Kreuziger.

You will make up for that with Schumacher and Vandevelde though :mad:

Question is if it will be enough. I dont want to wish Vandevelde ill but given that i do feel i would have had him if i had time, im hoping CQ wise he doesnt go too strong. Maybe with Garmins team theyll just let him focus on the tour, get a top 10 and hell get 400 or so points so i just lose about 300. Same for Schumacher so i hope he has a bad year back from suspencion like they often do.

But looking at Ricco he costs 700 points. The key for many is what races they will ride. Winning the giro gets about 400 + 200 from stages and days in jerseys and waht not. Baring in mind winning the Giro is by no means a guarantee and one wonders what other races he will perform in. Basso won the Giro this year and only got 984. I suppose the best case scenario is for him to have a 2011 like Scarponi did 2010 and get top places in many races finishing with 1300 or so. So Ricco is a good pick too i guess. A risk but could pay off.

Van Garderen at 531. Whats he going to do to get him higher? Criterium and Turkey got him big points this year, but if he does improve, HTC might give him less turkey and more Cav lead outs. And hes only going to be 22-23. Improvements dont come huge in a year, they take time.
He did the best he could at the races he targeted and i will be surprised if he matches the very high total yet alone improves on it.

Finaly Kreuziger at 839, didnt have the best season but hes trying to go for gts and in previous years he got big points for winning and podiuming in switzerland a and switzerland b. Hes doing the giro, its going to knock him out and hes not going to get big points there. Hell be working for Vino in the Tour and maybe in the Ardennes. I can see him getting a same total as last year but definately not improving too much on it.

theyoungest said:
No, I predict him having a better year than last year, which frankly isn't that hard, as one of his main goals for the season (Basque Country + Ardennes classics) largely went out the window due to a crash + illness. And if he gets at least as many points as last year, that's good enough for me as well. I just need one guy of whom I'm almost sure he'll get me some big points, who isn't too big a gamble. This remains to be seen for a lot of other guys on my list.

So rather than saying he'll have a perfect season, I say he'll have a slightly more perfect season :p

Gesink has a lot of points to defend.

He won Montral Lombardy warm up and 3rd in Quebec

Thats 220 105 and 140 points

465 points right there. And your saying he will defend all those and on top of that finish 6th in Lombardy for 100 points.

He got lots of points for high stage and overall finishes in TA, PV, TDF, TDS and for wearing the jersey in TDS.

So what your saying is that he will be on top form the whole season, constant peak, defend all his points from last year, and on top of that be awesome in all the other races.

Basically like Joaquim Rodriguez this season only a lot more wins and points.

Your right, in that scenario he will get an extra 800 points. Totaly worth it:p

theyoungest said:

465 points right there. And your saying he will defend all those and on top of that finish 6th in Lombardy for 100 points.

He got lots of points for high stage and overall finishes in TA, PV, TDF, TDS and for wearing the jersey in TDS.

So what your saying is that he will be on top form the whole season, constant peak, defend all his points from last year, and on top of that be awesome in all the other races.

The Hitch said:

You and insve act like he had a perfect season. He really didn't. Far from it. I didn't want to take him, and then I thought: why not, I'll take the gamble. I think there's room for a few hundred points more. He almost always gets a top-10 in every stage race he enters, that's just the way he rolls. But he didn't get on the podium. Not a single time. I say he should be able to do so.

Of course, part of a gamble is that things can always go horribly pear shaped and then I'm doubly screwed. We'll see ;)

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
In my defense, although I entered the contest after the first deadline and had more time, I'm usually good at these games. I used to score really well in the fantasy cycling games site. Top 40 or something over 1000 participants.

In the beginning, I used to follow my heart and pick riders that I like and would like to see them perform well. For example, I used to pick J.A. Gomez Marchante but his problem that he falls much more than Gesink does. :p

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch, how many posters do you think will double there value of their teams? I am personally expecting a 75% increase for the top teams which would be around 13000. Gesink is not that bad of a pick imo. A 40% increase for Gesink would mean he would get 1986.4. That's an increase of 562.4. Then other riders could triple or their value and still not have a gain like that. I think you predicted that the top teams would double their value but I am not so sure about that.

I'm offended that you didn't put me in your top 5 list!:p

auscyclefan94 said:
The Hitch, how many posters do you think will double there value of their teams? I am personally expecting a 75% increase for the top teams which would be around 13000. Gesink is not that bad of a pick imo. A 40% increase for Gesink would mean he would get 1986.4. That's an increase of 562.4. Then other riders could triple or their value and still not have a gain like that. I think you predicted that the top teams would double their value but I am not so sure about that.

But the point is for a 40% increase Gesink will have to have as good a season as Rodriguez did this year. A perfect season. Look at what purito had to do to achieve that.

6th Paris Nice with 4 top 5 finishes and 4th points classification

WINNER Vuelta Catalunia including 2 podiums and 4 days in leaders jersey

3rd place Vuelta Pais Vasco including a stage a podium and 4th in points

WINNER GP miguel Indurain

2nd La Fleche Wallone

9th Tour de Suisse including a podium

WINNER stage into Mende at the Tour

Podium stage into Tourmalet, 5th stage into AX 3 Domainx

8th Overall at the Grandady of them all,

5th Classica San Sebastian.

4th overall Vuelta a Espana

4th Points classification Vuelta a Espana

4th Mountains classification Vuelta a Espana

WINNER Pena Cabanga stage (aka Anton crash stage) at Vuelta a Espana

3rd stage into Bola del Mundo, 2nd stage into Malaga, 4th stage to Jaen, 4th Alto de Cotobello, 5th Xorret de Cati Vuelta a Espana.

Leader of Vuelta a Espana 2 days.

You see Gesink having that kind of season? I dont and i am a founding father of the Dutch mafia.

As for doubling ones score and how many cab achieve this, it was ingsve (on this thread we do sound like the pretty much the same person though ;)) who pointed out that last season a 7500 team could have tripled their score for 23000.

Looking at the nice little row Hugo gave us which shows what our teams would get in 2009 points, only tow people manage to double their score (both fall into the catergory i outlined in a previous post of having 5 particular riders) though a few came mighty close.

However that doesnt take into account that many popular picks - CVV, Ballan, Schumacher, Ricco didnt have the greatest 09 either. Other popular riders - Duarte, Rujano, Blanco, dont do much europe but will this year so their 09 scores are probably lower.
Similar situation with the younger riders who had poor 09 scores but will improve - Uran, Phinney, Guarnieri, madrazo etc.

So taking this into account i will make an (educated?) guess that nobody will triple their score, one or two people might get above 20 000, 10 people will double and 78 out of 87 people will end up on a + (so only a handful will lose points overall).

It would be interesting to see if ingsve agrees with me on this too or if he would adjust those figures slightly.

Also why arent more of you telling us who you think the favourites are;)

auscyclefan94 said:

The problem I see with Gesink is that a 40% gain is a best case scenario at a very high price. When you compare that 600 point gain with other riders you can't just compare it racer against racer but instead cost against cost. For 1400 points you could get say 6 riders at 230 points each and it's no problem at all finding many riders at that price range that can increase much more than 40% each on average.

Also, the prediction is that the winner will at least double their value but that does not mean that a lot of people will achieve that. That's because everyone will have riders that fail to live up to predictions but out of 88 entrants someone will get lucky with most of their picks. With that in mind it makes the most sense to not limit ones potential earnings by having riders that have a limited realsitic earning potential which I believe Gesink has.

Hm, it would be interesting to simply do a prediction of how many CQ points each rider will end up on next year and see how close one can get in that prediction. I think I'll attempt to do a prediction like that. I'll take the top 200 riders of 2010 and predict their exact CQ value for 2011 and anything within 10% up or down of that number is a hit and anything else is a miss. How many riders do you think one could potentially guess right on?

ingsve said:
Hm, it would be interesting to simply do a prediction of how many CQ points each rider will end up on next year and see how close one can get in that prediction. I think I'll attempt to do a prediction like that. I'll take the top 200 riders of 2010 and predict their exact CQ value for 2011 and anything within 10% up or down of that number is a hit and anything else is a miss. How many riders do you think one could potentially guess right on?

Are you kidding :confused:

Unless your doing blind guesses it would take at least 20 minutes per rider.

200 riders. Wow. Have you got 100 hours to do this?

You need to think what races theyll be doing, how many points on offer in each race, will they go for it, will they wear the jerseys. Remember, people can get as many points from wearing a leaders jersey, coming high up in stages and in points and kom competitions, as they can from simply winning the race.

But seriously ingsve, do you think anyone will get above 20 000? How many do you think will double their score, and how many do you think will get less than the points they spent?

The Hitch said:
Are you kidding :confused:

Unless your doing blind guesses it would take at least 20 minutes per rider.

200 riders. Wow. Have you got 100 hours to do this?

You need to think what races theyll be doing, how many points on offer in each race, will they go for it, will they wear the jerseys. Remember, people can get as many points from wearing a leaders jersey, coming high up in stages and in points and kom competitions, as they can from simply winning the race.

But seriously ingsve, do you think anyone will get above 20 000? How many do you think will double their score, and how many do you think will get less than the points they spent?

Well, with 10% margin either way it doesn't have to be an exact estimation. I think that it could be possible to get quite a few guesses fairly close. I spend a lot of time on CQranking so I have a good sense of how many points perticular kind of season could bring in on average. I'll do my prediction and then you can guess how many correct I might get.

Above 20000 might be pushing it a bit but not impossible I think. The best possible team between 2009 and 2010 would have gotten almost 25000 points and 20000 is quite a bit lower than that. If I were to take a stab in the dark them I would guess that 4 teams will get over 15000 and the winner will have above 17000.

I haven't looked through all the teams but I have a hard time seeing anyone getting below 7500. It shouldn't be possible unless someone has completely missed the point of the game. I stand by my demand that anyone who gets below 7500 should get banned from the forums.

ingsve said:
I haven't looked through all the teams but I have a hard time seeing anyone getting below 7500. It shouldn't be possible unless someone has completely missed the point of the game. I stand by my demand that anyone who gets below 7500 should get banned from the forums.

If thats the case we might have a new mod position opening up then.

Because looking at the 2009 tables Barrus might be in danger.;)

But if you are going to do this maybe it would be wiser to do it on the most picked riders.

Just a suggestion. And here is a list of the 200 most picked riders.

HAUSSLER Heinrich
PELLIZOTTI Franco
VANDE VELDE Christian
GERRANS Simon
SOLER HERNANDEZ Juan Mauricio
RICCO Riccardo
PHINNEY Taylor
DUARTE AREVALO Fabio Andres
BOONEN Tom
COBO ACEBO Juan Jose
BOS Theo
SICARD Romain
FEILLU Brice
ANTON HERNANDEZ Igor
KASHECHKIN Andrey
DEGENKOLB John
DEIGNAN Philip
NUYENS Nick
CUNEGO Damiano
LÖFKVIST Thomas
STYBAR Zdenek
MATTHEWS Michael
RUJANO GUILLEN Jose Humberto
RENSHAW Mark
SEELDRAEYERS Kevin
DI LUCA Danilo
DOWSETT Alex
CAVENDISH Mark
TXURRUKA ANSOLA Amets
URAN URAN Rigoberto
WIGGINS Bradley
OSS Daniel
ARVESEN Kurt Asle
CHICCHI Francesco
KESSIAKOFF Fredrik
NAVARRO GARCIA Daniel
HOOGERLAND Johnny
HOWARD Leigh
IVANOV Serguei
TAARAMÄE Rein
BLANCO RODRIGUEZ David
MAASKANT Martijn
MASCIARELLI Francesco
SIUTSOU Kanstantsin
STEEGMANS Gert
VAN GARDEREN Tejay
BOBRIDGE Jack
BOOM Lars
BOZIC Borut
CLEMENT Stef
IGNATIEV Mikhail
MEYER Cameron
CAPECCHI Eros
CIOLEK Gerald
KREUZIGER Roman
BALLAN Alessandro
BETANCOURT GOMEZ Carlos Alberto
FELLINE Fabio
GALIMZYANOV Denis
GUSEV Vladimir
KROON Karsten
KWIATKOWSKI Michal
LLOYD Matthew
MADRAZO RUIZ Angel
POSTHUMA Joost
SCHUMACHER Stefan
SELLA Emanuele
TALANSKY Andrew
TERPSTRA Niki
GASPAROTTO Enrico
KENNAUGH Peter
KUMP Marko
MOLLEMA Bauke
POELS Wout
GOSS Matthew
RASMUSSEN Alex
ROE Timothy
SINKEWITZ Patrik
VAITKUS Tomas
BOASSON HAGEN Edvald
BRUSEGHIN Marzio
DE LA FUENTE RASILLA David
INTXAUSTI ELORRIAGA Beñat
KRUIJSWIJK Steven
O'GRADY Stuart
POPOVYCH Yaroslav
SCHLECK Andy
SÖRENSEN Chris Anker
SWIFT Ben
ULISSI Diego
VALLS FERRI Rafael
VANSUMMEREN Johan
BOOKWALTER Brent
CASTROVIEJO NICOLAS Jonathan
CLARKE William
GERDEMANN Linus
GUARNIERI Jacopo
KRISTOFF Alexander
NORDHAUG Lars Petter
OLIVEIRA Nelson Felipe Santos
PLAZA MOLINA Ruben
RASMUSSEN Michael
SAMOILAU Branislau
AUGUSTYN John-Lee
CHAVANEL Sylvain
EFIMKIN Vladimir
GESINK Robert
HOSTE Leif
KISERLOVSKI Robert
MEYER Travis
MODOLO Sacha
MOINARD Amaël
PAUWELS Serge
PORTE Richie
QUINZIATO Manuel
RATTO Daniele
SUTTON Christopher
TANNER David
TEN DAM Laurens
VELITS Peter
VIVIANI Elia
BAKELANTS Jan
BAUER Jack
BRESCHEL Matti
CARUSO Damiano
CATALDO Dario
DE MAAR Marc
FAIRLY Caleb
GADRET John
GOMEZ MARCHANTE Jose Angel
HENAO MONTOYA Sergio Luis
HUTAROVICH Yauheni
KING Benjamin
KIRYIENKA Vasil
KOREN Kristjan
LANGEVELD Sebastian
NIZZOLO Giacomo
NOCENTINI Rinaldo
SAGAN Juraj
SLAGTER Tom Jelte
STETINA Peter
THOMAS Geraint
VAN POPPEL Boy
WURF Cameron
APPOLLONIO Davide
BENNATI Daniele
BLYTHE Adam
BURGHARDT Marcus
DENIFL Stefan
GREIPEL Andre
GUARDINI Andrea
IZAGIRRE INSAUSTI Gorka
KIRCHEN Kim
LEQUATRE Geoffroy
MARTENS Paul
NAPOLITANO Danilo
NIEVE ITURRALDE Mikel
PONZI Simone
POSSONI Morris
SANTAMBROGIO Mauro
SULZBERGER Wesley
SZMYD Sylwester
TONDO VOLPINI Xavier
VEIKKANEN Jussi
BASSO Ivan
BOL Jetse
BOLE Grega
BRAMMEIER Matthew
CANTWELL Jonathan
CHRISTENSEN Mads
DANIELSON Tom
DAVIS Allan
DESSEL Cyril
DEVOLDER Stijn
DI GREGORIO Remy
DURBRIDGE Luke
FRANK Mathias
GALLOPIN Tony
GRABSCH Bert
GRETSCH Patrick
GULDHAMMER Rasmus
HAEDO Juan Jose
HAEDO Lucas Sebastian
HERRADA LOPEZ Jesus
HUNTER Robert
JEANNESSON Arnold
JOLY Sébastien
KARPETS Vladimir
KEUKELEIRE Jens
KLIER Andreas
KOLOBNEV Alexandr
KREDER Michel
LANCASTER Brett
MALORI Adriano
MARTIN Daniel
MORABITO Steve
NAVARDAUSKAS Ramunas
OFFREDO Yoann
PARDILLA BELLON Sergio

Im showing you the list to show you just how gruelling a task it would be to do 200 riders.

The Hitch said:

But if you are going to do this maybe it would be wiser to do it on the most picked riders.

Just a suggestion. And here is a list of the 200 most picked riders.

Im showing you the list to show you just how gruelling a task it would be to do 200 riders.

I was going to do it based on their ranking position in order to have riders that might have worse years as well and not just have riders that will have better years which is more probable if I went with the most picked riders instead.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'll have a go at my team.

Evans (1619) - I think about a 20-25% increase which is +300
Van avermaet (632) - I think a 60% increase is possible +379
Moinard (185) - 130% increase is possible which is +241
Blanco (300) - Having done some research I think he could double value +300
Morabito (282) - I think a 100% increase is definetly possible +282
Kristoff (406) - I think 50% increase is definetly possible +203
Ballan (474) - I think 100% increase is definetly possible +474
Haussler (251) - I think a 200% increase is definetly possible +502
Ivanov (196) - I think a 200% " " " " +392
Roe (43) - Quadruple to quintuple is possible +129
Sutton (184) - Double +184
M Cardoso (262) Double +262
Hunter (186) 50% increase +93
Bos (182) Double +182
L Howard (155) Triple +310
Furlan (151) 50% increase +75
Quniziato (144) 50% increase +72
I Anton (952) 30% increase + 286
Stannard (110) Double +110
Renshaw (106) Quintuple +424
Bookwalter (106) Double +106
Tiralongo (101) Triple +202
Vandevelde (90) Quintuple +360
O’Grady (88) Triple +176
Lancaster (78) Double +78
Pellizotti (60) - (going to ignore for now)
B Feilliu (70) - triple +140
D De la fuente (72) Double +72

Possible gain=6334

Maybe I was being a bit conservative with my predictions of what the winner would get and what my particualr riders are going to get in some cases.

I ended up doing the top 100 in the 2010 ranking. My predictions can be seen here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tZe8PNST6gsxpzg5V6Mtmmg&authkey=CMfU_MIC&hl=sv#gid=0

Going below the top 100 would have been a total crapshoot since a 10% margin of error gives a very small window to hit and points can fluctuate a lot at that level based on very small changes in race outcome.

A wild guess would be that I could perhaps hit 20-30% of riders within the given window but that too us perhaps a little optimistic.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
IMO the winner will be the somebody with 33 mostly unique but mediocre riders. It will not be me, thats for sure because I have only 27 riders and some of them are big guns that will be having hard time even scoring the same points but I took them anyway.

Why? Well, even though this is a game only, I wanted to have a team of riders that can win some races for me. Yeah Spartacus wont probably double his points and may even lose some points but this is my team and if I'm the manager, I want him on my team.

I wanted riders that are fun to watch or have bright future. Talansky was my pick not because he is a steal but because I met him las March at the race (San Dimas) and talked to him and he was really cool so I became his fan before he even sighed with Garmin. Same for Ben Day that got screwed by Pegasus so I had no choice but to drop him from my team.

Anyway, some very nice teams around that may score some big points. That being said, want to see who's team will have the most wins.

BTW. No Spanish riders for me ... I'm trying to go with a clean team. :D

We should have some big penalties for busted dopers. How about -5000 points?

I think I originally worked mine out as 12-14k not including Franco or Tadej. Not bad for an interim team with a few selections for fun/fanboy reasons.

The average will probably be around 10k, I'd be very surprised to see the winner over 17-18k.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:

Ah ha, you jest. But I have TGBM so I will obviously win this game :p

Anyway, I just took a gamble with taking a lot of young guys and quite a few Dutch guys to see what they could do. I think I should at least come out on a draw with the 7500 points

TRENDING THREADS