• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Just require the rider to have a point.

Everyone is working from the same list. Every rider has a value. We can all take guys from the list.

Zero points just creates problems. In theory, we should all have EVERY 0 point rider on our teams automatically... so we all get their points. That means their points don't matter, so let's just leave them off and be done with it.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
ingsve said:
The guy I'm thinking of certainly did ride this year. He rode over 40 race days of 2.1 races and above but didn't score any points. I think it can't be that hard to figure out which rider it is.

Yeah I'm on the same page I think.
He can't be excluded. But guys like this need to have some sort of price tag included IMO.

Should be 25-30imo
Maybe if a rider dopes he should lose all points for the season. Making doping / dodgy riders less attractive.

Ps. So far I have 1 rider at 1406 :p

Btw 7500 is a perfect amount.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Oh I see who you mean now... now I'm angry that it took me so long (I even looked at the same guy before but didn't see he had 0 pts in 2010).

Anyone picking the revelation of 2011, David Tanner?

David Tanner is a good pick and is cheap enough:D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
Yeah I'm on the same page I think.
He can't be excluded. But guys like this need to have some sort of price tag included IMO.

Should be 25-30imo
Maybe if a rider dopes he should lose all points for the season. Making doping / dodgy riders less attractive.

Ps. So far I have 1 rider at 1406 :p

Btw 7500 is a perfect amount.

Like the idea about the doped riders! Surely TGBM will be in your team, timmy?

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Barrus said:
Don't worry I guess most are not completely logically.

Yes, I got Mollema in there, now I know he will win the Tour and the Vuelta (not the giro, as he won't start there) but still the rest of my team is not completely logical :p

how can we compete if you chose THE GREAT BAUKE MOLLEMA :(

EDIT: Found the legendary 0 points guy :p quite hilarious actually :p

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I just got finished with my team. It took me a really long time. There's several sheets of paper with crossed out names, numbers and scribbles.

I was left with 5 points to spare

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I still can't find the person you are all talking about.

But @ Hitch, oh I found one allright, I just hope my plan works out

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Like the idea about the doped riders! Surely TGBM will be in your team, timmy?

I got 25 guys for 6,000. I really like my team too.
Fair to say, if the dutch have a good year, I have a good year :eek:

ps. so is pellizotti fair game for 60?

@acf-- I don't think i will. his GT this year will be as a domestique. He might do better in stage racing on a whole over this year, but I doubt it will be a lot.

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry I wasn't online yesterday to answer questions. A friend of mine was involved in a minor accident so I went to visit him at the hospital which is located quite a bit from my home.

I must say that I'm glad and overwhelmed that so many seems to think that this is a great idea. 9 pages in this thread and 17 entered teams in 24 hours!

To clear some things up:

On size of the team:
You have all submitted teams consisting of 25-33 riders, which we will keep the limits at. If anyone wants to change their teams because you have made it based upon the assumption that it should consist of exactly 25 riders, you are very welcome to do so.

On suspended riders:
This has been an issue, and because I hadn't thought of it before I made up the game a ruling has to be made. So far it hasn't been a major problem. Quite a few of you have included Pellizotti (60 CQ points), but Rasmussen, Di Luca and Rebellin have only been included once overall.
I'm still in doubt as to what the most fair solution is, but I've decided that suspended riders will have a price of what's similar to their last active season. This means that these are the prices:

Franco Pellizotti: 60 CQ Dollars
Michael Rasmussen: 38
Davide Rebellin: 775
Danilo di Luca: 113

Since I'm only human and there might be some riders whom I don't know much about, there might be riders whom I didn't know was suspended. If anyone has included riders which are coming back from suspension and have "bought" them for a wrong price, please be fair and send me a PM stating the changes.

The people who have included Rebellin, di Luca or Rasmussen I will send a PM to and ask them to change their team.

On riders getting suspended:
During the 2011, some riders might get caught using doping. Anyone getting suspended during the 2011 season will get a total of 0 points at the end of the season regardless of how many points the rider had accumulated prior to his suspension.

On riders costing 0 CQ Dollars:
That's perfectly fine. As you have a limited spots in your team it doesn't matter what the individual rider costs.

On registering a team:
A lot of you have been very good at writing the rider's full names along with their value - and a few of you haven't been just as good :)
To make it as easy for me as possible, I kindly ask anyone new who wants to participate to write the rider's full name, his price and the aggregated price of the team so that I don't have to do the math myself or find out what the firstname of the riders are.

All of you who already have submitted teams, you are registered so don't worry (except one whom I have send a PM asking him to resend his team).

Now I think that was it.

Now some facts:

There are 17 registered teams so far. 232 different riders have been chosen. The most expensive rider bought costs 1619 CQ Dollars (now figure out who that is and who has bought him :D), while the cheapest rider bought costs 0 CQ Dollars. The rider bought the most times has been bought by 12 different teams - can anyone guess who that is?

Hugo Koblet said:
There are 17 registered teams so far. 232 different riders have been chosen. The most expensive rider bought costs 1619 CQ Dollars (now figure out who that is and who has bought him :D), while the cheapest rider bought costs 0 CQ Dollars. The rider bought the most times has been bought by 12 different teams - can anyone guess who that is?

Lovely work acf!

I think most people's highest will be the Missile, a safe bet for 1500+ points next season.

------------------------------

At the moment my team is just under budget, 30 riders, with the top10 accounting for almost $6,000. That means I have 16 riders under 100.

Only 3 convicted dopers but 4-5 more shady characters.

Waiting to see what happens with Geox and whether some of these guys are confirmed starters in a good team for 2011 before I submit.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Lovely work acf!
I think most people's highest will be the Missile, a safe bet for 1500+ points next season.

------------------------------

At the moment my team is just under budget, 30 riders, with the top10 accounting for almost $6,000. That means I have 16 riders under 100.

Only 3 convicted dopers but 4-5 more shady characters.

Waiting to see what happens with Geox and whether some of these guys are confirmed starters in a good team for 2011 before I submit.

Why thank you! I had to put the guy in that I met the day before (still pinching myself) !

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I got 25 guys for 6,000. I really like my team too.
Fair to say, if the dutch have a good year, I have a good year :eek:

ps. so is pellizotti fair game for 60?

@acf-- I don't think i will. his GT this year will be as a domestique. He might do better in stage racing on a whole over this year, but I doubt it will be a lot.

Why bother entering this comp if you don't have TGBM?:D

Hugo Koblet said:
There are 17 registered teams so far. 232 different riders have been chosen.

Wow, that's quite a spread. I would have thought the teams would be more similar than that. Either I'm missing something or people are making some rather odd choices. Guess everyone thinks their favourite riders will have am awesome year next year.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros will be pleased to know that I put David Blanco in my team. :eek:I putting my trust in you Libertine!:cool:

btw, could my team just compose of 4 cadel's? It wouldn't be worth filling the team up with any other rider.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
ingsve said:
Wow, that's quite a spread. I would have thought the teams would be more similar than that. Either I'm missing something or people are making some rather odd choices. Guess everyone thinks their favourite riders will have am awesome year next year.

To be quite honest, that did factor in in my team, when I like a rider I am more inclined to include him compared to when I dislike him

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
Meh, I can't wait untill january to publish my team!

Guess there will be a lot of discussion going on once everyone's teams are shown :)

You're stealing all our ideas, aren't you? :p

Barrus said:
You're stealing all our ideas, aren't you? :p

I actually stated on one of the first pages that I could send my team to someone just so you guys would know that I haven't been cheating :p

But it's funny to see how people's teams are so different from each others. I don't think there's one team that I have 5 riders in common with!

Edit: Well actually there's one team I have like 9 riders in common with, but that's the only one that I have more than 5 in common with. I think.

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Don't bother sending in your teams anymore, the future winner is already known since I just sent in the winning team :)

It was very hard not to include Gesink, Mollema or Boom but I think my non-chauvinist approach will bear fruit...

TRENDING THREADS