• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 73 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
kurtinsc said:
I'd say getting caught isn't bad luck for a rider... it's expected punishment for a bad choice.

But it's definitely bad luck for those who picked the rider in this fantasy game. Ferminal didn't dope for these guys... he just got unlucky.

I guess roundabouts point was that these former dopers are risky buys because you know they might get caught.

Having said that, before Ricco, there was no real trend for people already caught to be more suseptible to getting caught (again) than those who hadnt yet got caught.
So when Ferminal made the list, the dopers he had seemed as unlikely to get caught as the "non dopers. In 2011 however its been Delfino, Valjevic, Ricco and Sinkiewitz.

Come on, you can't compare picking Riccò, one of the most in-your-face dopers in recent times, general jerkass and guy most likely to be caught twice, with Sinkewitz, a guy who admitted to everything, talked about doping, pointed fingers at other dopers and had less than stellar results after his comeback. I would have sworn Sinkewitz had... errr... reformed. I really think picking him was less risky than picking some random but as of yet officialy free of suspicion Androni guy, for example.

(I say this even though I picked Riccò and not Sinkewitz)

Cheeky 28 points from Theo today in a non-descript race.

So far this week I'm on about 170, but it's all going to come down to the big one tomorrow - I've got an unlucky 13 riders taking part, so that's 65 just for finishing the race - hopefully if 5 or 6 can get in and around the finishing group I could rack up some serious points.

Then it's on to Catalunia, where Uran and Cataldo will give me a boost with their inevitable 1-2 finish...

hrotha said:
Come on, you can't compare picking Riccò, one of the most in-your-face dopers in recent times, general jerkass and guy most likely to be caught twice, with Sinkewitz, a guy who admitted to everything, talked about doping, pointed fingers at other dopers and had less than stellar results after his comeback. I would have sworn Sinkewitz had... errr... reformed. I really think picking him was less risky than picking some random but as of yet officialy free of suspicion Androni guy, for example.

(I say this even though I picked Riccò and not Sinkewitz)

Sinkewitz won a stage and subsequently the overall in the Sachsen Tour by 3 minutes after a solo of almost the whole stage. And the field didn't gift him that gap nor miscalculated the chase.

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I think one of the aspects that makes this game so fun is the gambling part. You pick riders that you hope will do great all season and rack up the points, but you don't count on them being accussed of doping or getting hurt.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Boom, Cavendish, Gasparotto, Haussler, Hoste, Kolobnev, Lorenzetto, Nuyens, Renshaw and Wiggins for me. Surely there's some points in that lot?? :D

The Hitch said:
2nd wind to all those Australian teams. Some like Bicing have Ballan as well so well done to them.

I dont like it but have to say, he deserved it.

Lets hope he gets back to domestiquing for Cav now;)

Ha, +1 to most of that (probably with rather less sarcasm than you intended).

There'll be 13 happy Goss Households tonight; now I just have to hope all of my 13 bother to finish and pick up their 5 points.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
will10 said:
Boom, Cavendish, Gasparotto, Haussler, Hoste, Kolobnev, Lorenzetto, Nuyens, Renshaw and Wiggins for me. Surely there's some points in that lot?? :D

lol, 25pts for Haussler, maybe a couple of 5s for finishing. Not quite what I had in mind lmao