• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well if everyone puts him in, which is what people will do, then nobody will gain any points over anyone else because eeryone has him. If people were smart they would keep their bargains to themselves.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Moondance said:
Well, Ricco and Rasmussen could be kept. They'd have the CQ scores they accumulated this year.

But I agree with Ferminal. Guys like Di Luca or Rebbelin shouldn't be 'free'

So as long as they got point this year it's fine? Good to know

God, I'm really scraping the bottom now to round out my team. I'm at 18 and I already got more than 7000 points

Allright, my excell was completely screwing up, seeing as that now I count it all up manually, I only have about 3500 point for 26 riders :p

I can adjust a whole hell of a lot :p

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I sent my team as well 32 riders, with only 3 dodgy riders, well you could consider them dodgy, but they all have rankings
Anyway, 7485 points, it was actually very hard to get close to the set amount of points

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Can I suggest that the maximum number of riders should be 30. This way it's exactly like the real pro tour (or pro teams whatever) where you have to have between 25 and 30 riders.

Ferminal said:
If they have had half a season comeback I'm sure it would be ok. But imagine if Pellizotti was 60 points, he would be in every single team.

On my first go I managed to get 30 riders at just over 8,500, so it shouldn't be too hard cutting the additional 1,000 off.

I was only kidding. But if you look at the one MR tibbs done i was like the only person to use all the dopers (even though they were absolutely free)

Lots of people forget about the dopers = free points for me. + those of us who remember 2008 should be rewarded for it. ;)

Just to be 100% sure, this is what we base our numbers on ?
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/cqRankingRider.asp?current=1

I still like the suggestion of a 100 point minimum. Rules out a few (non-sanctioned) people on my shortlist but i do think that rider selection should be more of challenge than picking returning dopers or perenially injured riders who can do very well when healthy.

On second thought i think it would make sense to include riders with less than 100 points as long as riders are U23

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
I still like the suggestion of just a single rider with less than 100 points. Rules out a few (non-sanctioned) people on my shortlist but i do think that rider selection should be more of challenge than picking returning dopers or perenially injured riders who can do very well when healthy.

That's not fair, I got a bunch of riders under the 100 points and only 2 or so could really be called having doped. Also the injured riders, if you take them, you take a gamble and they are a bargain, to punish someone to find such a bargain is just not fair

I don't see the point in not having riders under 100 points. The average points for a rider if you have 30 of them is 250 so that leaves it rather tight if you can't also pick some cheap riders. There are lots of riders that are above 23 and that wasn't doping or injured who could fit well into a team like this.

I think the solution of using a dopers last active year is a better solution.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I put my team in.

29 riders, 7495 points.

I have seven riders under 100 points, only one a questionable doping guy (the one others have mentioned at 60 points).

I'll admit I'm not exactly picking super logically. I've got 7 riders from the US... many young that probably aren't going to develop as quickly as my heart would want them to.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
kurtinsc said:
I'll admit I'm not exactly picking super logically. I've got 7 riders from the US... many young that probably aren't going to develop as quickly as my heart would want them to.

Don't worry I guess most are not completely logically.

Yes, I got Mollema in there, now I know he will win the Tour and the Vuelta (not the giro, as he won't start there) but still the rest of my team is not completely logical :p

Wow, everyone has already submited theres.

You guys are quick.

All those numbers, its making my head hurt.

Hopefully someone will bump this in a few weeks (if deadline is new years eve).

Considering there is a pool of about 500 cyclists we have to pick from, theres bound to be loads im just forgeting today.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
just a question. how many points did your most valuable guy had? i didn't went for anything with more then 1k. actually my most valuable guy is a couple hundred points below the 1k mark.

Most valuable one: Cavendish at 1241

You can also get the points for my cheapest: 10

and 12 riders under a 100

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
25 riders 7486 points, Most valuable one: Cavendish at 1241, too.
5 under 100, 2 dodgy..............not submitting just yet!;)

.......Edit 26 riders, 7496 points.

Did you steal my rider?:mad:

:p

TRENDING THREADS