• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Moondance said:
To the people who spent big on Breschel (Hugo, Libertine and contre la montre):

What we're you thinking? The guy is going to miss, or not be in shape for, all the major spring classics. Where is he going to gain points vis-a-vis last year?

Breschels injury isn't as bad first feared. He got surgery 22nd of november and from there he should only be out 4-6 weeks which is a lot less than the first stated which means that his classics season shouldn't be threatened.

Last year he got really unlucky at Ronde van Vlaanderen and Paris-Roubaix but still accumulated a lot of points while riding as a lieutenant for Fabian. This year he's one year older (surprise!) and will be riding as the captain for Rabobank, so he could easily have his best season yet.

Besides, I'm danish so that's probably a factor, too :)

I think you're right though, that he's probably not that good a purchase considering that Boonen actually costs less.

Barrus said:
Can anyone see the one pick I had, which I included at the last minute after all the talk about the rider without any points? :p

Also is it just me or do some people join this competition that I have never seen post? :p Come on guys, join the rest of the fun on the forum

Edit: Damn, a lot of people also choose soler.

Also damn, Kvinto and Hugo also have my surprise rider. You stole that choice from me, didn't you Hugo, admit it :p

No, I can't see what rider you added. You didn't add Cobo which is the rider I was thinking of at least.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
My exclusives:

Chris Butler (15 points) - He's from South Carolina where I live, he's riding for a big team (BMC) and he was a cheap final addition. Won't have to do much to get more points.

Jurgen van den Broeck (707 points) - My most expensive pick. I don't know, I just like the guy but realisitically probably has a somewhat limited upside.

Ben Hermans (223 points) - With Radioshack not being "the Lance Show" this year, I'm hoping this guy will get more chances to lead.

Overall... a lot of shared guys. It will be fun to watch the season progress.

In retrospect... the team feels a little weak in the classics and very stage race/sprint oriented. Oh well.

Hugo Koblet said:
As far as I can tell, Haussler is the most popular rider with 23 picks followed by Pellizotti with 21 picks.

The most expensive rider is Cadel Evans bought by, not surprisingly, auscyclefan94!

Ho how did everyone go about picking their team? For me, I had a list of a lot of potential riders. I knew that I wanted to include Ricco, Anton, Haussler, Nuyens, Terpstra and a few others and then I just added some riders untill the value, magically, was almost exactly 7500 without thinking too much about the prices.

I started by looking at each 2010 page for all the top teams to find riders who scored low or at least below expectation. Then I moved on to the transfer page and looked att what new riders teams would get that wouldn't show up in the 2010 page. This was also a way of looking at what riders are moving to a team where they will get a chance to ride for their own results as opposed to riding as a domestique. I also looked to see if any riders would be in a more favourable position than last year because of riders leaving.

After that I realized that all the riders I had only cost like 3000$ so then I started looking at riders that had scored well but that still underperformed and found some riders like Boonen who had scored way below their average of the last 5-6 years.

Two mistakes that I spot now afterwards is that first of all I missed looking at Alex Dowsett who could have been a good addition, I simply assumed that he was more expensive than he was.

Secondly when Hugo announced the limit I shaved off 5 riders to get under 7500 and I removed Duarte instead of Duran which I think is a mistake.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
There are a few teams that includes Stybar. I just added him because he costs 9 points and I know there has been a lot of talk of him joining Quick Step and, prior to that, FDJ.

Yeah, I noticed that aftwerwards, too many included him :p

Edit: I also think Dowsett was an error in the CQ ranking. It can't be that he had only 10 points last year, now can it?

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
As far as I can tell, Haussler is the most popular rider with 23 picks followed by Pellizotti with 21 picks.

The most expensive rider is Cadel Evans bought by, not surprisingly, auscyclefan94!

Ho how did everyone go about picking their team? For me, I had a list of a lot of potential riders. I knew that I wanted to include Ricco, Anton, Haussler, Nuyens, Terpstra and a few others and then I just added some riders untill the value, magically, was almost exactly 7500 without thinking too much about the prices.

I started with the 2010 points and went down the list starting on the 2nd page. Every time I hit a young rider I thought would develop more, a guy who had an off year or just someone I particularly liked, I put there name and points down.

After going through once, I looked at how many points I had, then picked guys I kind of liked even if I was less confident they'd improve a ton (for me, these were Boom, Chicchi, Hermans, Van den Broeck and Swift). After that I had 20 points left and looked for a cheap guy, finding Butler who is from my area.

After the talking about a 0 point guy I added Cobo, hoping that was the "free big name" that I had missed.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
When I saw Cobo had 0 points last year, I searched for about 15 minutes to see if he was suspended for some odd reason.

Schumacher was a steal at 5 points.

I was also surprised Capecchi accumulated so few points last year too. He was also a nice bargain.

We're still missing The Hitch but from what we have so far this is the breakdown

Heinrich Hausser 23
Franco Pelizotti 21
Christian Vande Velde 17
Taylor Phinney 14
Fabio Duarte 13
Juan Mauricio Soler 12
Riccardo Ricco 11
Juan Jose Cobo 10
Romain Sicard 10
Simon Gerrans 10
Andrey Kashechkin 9
David Blanco 9
Gert Steegmans 9
Igor Anton 9
Jose Rujano 9
Theo Bos 9
Tom Boonen 9
Brice Feillu 8
John Degenkolb 8
Mark Cavendish 8
Thomas Löfkvist 8
Damiano Caruso 6
Daniel Oss 6
Denis Galimzyanov 6
Fredrik Kessiakoff 6
Michael Matthews 6
Nick Nuyens 6
Tejay van Garderen 6
Zdenek Stybar 6
Alex Dowsett 5
Andrew Talansky 5
Bradley Wiggins 5
Joost Posthuma 5
Kanstantin Siutsou 5
Kevin Seeldrayers 5
Lars Boom 5
Marko Kump 5
Nelson Oliveira 5
Niki Terpstra 5
Patrik Sinkewitz 5
Rigoberto Uran 5
Serguei Ivanov 5
Alessandro Ballan 4
Amets Txurruka 4
Bauke Mollema 4
Cameron Meyer 4
Emanuele Sella 4
Francesco Chicchi 4
Jack Bobridge 4
Kurt Asle Arvesen 4
Martijn Maaskant 4
Matthew Lloyd 4
Peter Stetina 4
Rafael Valls 4
Rein Taaramae 4
Vladimir Gusev 4
Alexander Kristoff 3
Andreas Klier 3
Angel Madrazo 3
Ben King 3
Ben Swift 3
Brent Bookwalter 3
Daniel Navarro 3
David de la Fuenta 3
Eros Capecchi 3
Fabio Felline 3
Jan Bakelants 3
Jens Keukeleire 3
Jonathan Castroviejo 3
Karsten Kroon 3
Laurens ten Dam 3
Linus Gerdeman 3
Manuel Quinziato 3
Matti Breschel 3
Michael Rasmussen 3
Mikhail Ignatiev 3
Peter Kennaugh 3
Philip Deignan 3
Robert Hunter 3
Roman Kreuziger 3
Stef Clement 3
Stefan Schumacher 3
Sylvain Chavanel 3
Sylwester Szmyd 3
Tomas Vaitkus 3
Adriano Malori 2
Alex Rasmussen 2
Benat Intxausti 2
Bert Grabsch 2
Carlos Betancourt 2
Carlos Sastre 2
Charles Wegelius 2
Cyril Dessel 2
Daniele Bennati 2
Daniele Ratto 2
Danilo Di Luca 2
Dario Cataldo 2
Diego Ulissi 2
Edvald Boasson Hagen 2
Elia Viviani 2
Enrico Gasparotto 2
Filippo Pozzato 2
Geraint Thomas 2
Gerald Ciolek 2
Gorka Izagirre 2
Greg van Avermaet 2
Grega Bole 2
Ivan Basso 2
Jack Bauer 2
Jesus Herrada 2
Johan Vansummeren 2
Johnny Hoogerland 2
Jussi Veikkanen 2
Kevin van Impe 2
Manuel Cardoso 2
Marcus Burghardt 2
Mark Renshaw 2
Matthew Busche 2
Matthew Goss 2
Michal Kwiatkowski 2
Michel Kreder 2
Mikel Nieve 2
Paolo Tiralongo 2
Paul Martens 2
Peter Sagan 2
Rasmus Guldhammer 2
Rinaldo Nocentini 2
Robert Gesink 2
Robert Kiserlovski 2
Ruben Plaza 2
Sacha Modolo 2
Sebastian Langeveld 2
Sebastien Joly 2
Sep Vanmarcke 2
Serge Pauwels 2
Sergio Paulinho 2
Simon Spilak 2
Steve Morabito 2
Steven Kruijswijk 2
Thomas Peterson 2
Timothy Roe 2
Tom Danielson 2
Xavier Tondo 2
Yaroslav Popovich 2
Adam Blythe 1
Adrien Petit 1
Alejandro Marque 1
Aleksandr Kuschynki 1
Alex Howes 1
Alexander Mironov 1
Alexander Quintana 1
Alexandre Pliuschin 1
Alexandre Vinokourov 1
Allan Davis 1
Amael Moinard 1
Anders Lund 1
André Cardoso 1
Andre Greipel 1
Andre Steensen 1
Andres Klöden 1
Andrew Pinfold 1
Ángel Vicioso 1
Angelo Furlan 1
Arkaitz Duran 1
Arnaud Molmy 1
Artem Ovechkin 1
Ben Hermans 1
Ben Jaques-Maynes 1
Bjorn Selander 1
Borut Bozic 1
Boy van Poppel 1
Branislau Samoilau 1
Brett Lancaster 1
Bruno Pires 1
Cadel Evans 1
Caleb Fairly 1
Cameron Wurf 1
Cayetano Sarmiento 1
Chris Horner 1
Christian Meier 1
Christopher Butler 1
Christopher Sutton 1
Craig Lewis 1
Cristiano Salerno 1
Daniel Martin 1
Danilo Hondo 1
Danilo Napolitano 1
Danny Pate 1
David Le Lay 1
David Moncoutie 1
David Veilleux 1
David Zabriskie 1
Davide Appollonio 1
Davide Malacarne 1
Denis Menchov 1
Dmytro Grabovskyy 1
Dominique Rollin 1
Enrique Sans Unzue 1
Fabio Sabatini 1
Floyd Landis 1
Francesco Gavazzi 1
Francesco Ginanni 1
Francesco Iriarte 1
Francesco Masciarelli 1
Francis de Greef 1
Frederik Willems 1
Geoffroy Lequarte 1
George Hincapie 1
Gerraint Thomas 1
Giacomo Nizzolo 1
Grischa Niermann 1
Guillaume Boivin 1
Ian Stannard 1
Iban Mayoz 1
Ignatas Konovalovas 1
Jacopo Guarnieri 1
Jakob Fuglsang 1
Javier Moreno 1
Jens Debusschere 1
Jerome Pineau 1
Jetse Bol 1
Johann Tschopp 1
John-Lee Augustyn 1
Johnnie Walker 1
Jon Izagirre 1
Jonathan Cantwell 1
Jonathan Hivert 1
Jose Merchante 1
Juan Jose Haedo 1
Juraj Sagan 1
Jurgen van den Broeck 1
Kevin Lacombe 1
Kiel Reijnan 1
Kim Kirchen 1
Kris Boeckmans 1
Kristjan Koren 1
Lars Petter Nordhaug 1
Leigh Howard 1
Leopold Konig 1
Luca Solari 1
Luke Durbridge 1
Marc de Maar 1
Marcel Wyss 1
Martin Mortensen 1
Martin Pedersen 1
Marzio Bruseghin 1
Matej Gnezda 1
Mathias Frank 1
Matt Brammier 1
Matteo Carrara 1
Matthieu Ladagnous 1
Mauro Santambrogio 1
Maxim Iglinskiy 1
Maxime Vantomme 1
Michael Barry 1
Michael Stevenson 1
Mikel Landa 1
Morris Possoni 1
Nikolas Maes 1
Oscar Pujol 1
Paride Grillo 1
Pasquale Muto 1
Paul Poux 1
Pieter Weening 1
Przemyslaw Niemiec 1
Richie Porte 1
Roger Hammond 1
Rubens Bertogliati 1
Ryder Hesjedal 1
Sergio Henao 1
Sergio Pardilla 1
Simon Clarke 1
Simone Ponzi 1
Stefan Denifl 1
Stuart O'Grady 1
Svein Tuft 1
Tadej Valjevec 1
Thomas Rohregger 1
Tiago Machado 1
Tom-Jelte Slagter 1
Tony Gallopin 1
Travis Meyer 1
Trent Lowe 1
Tyler Farrar 1
Valentin Iglinskiy 1
Vasil Kyrienka 1
Vladimir Efimkin 1
Vladimir Karpets 1
Wilfried Cretskens 1
William Clarke 1
Wim van Huffel 1
Wout Poels 1
Wouter Weylandt 1
Yannick Eijssen 1
Yoann Offredo 1
Yukiya Arashiro 1

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
@ however choose Vino, do you really think he'll improve over last year? To be quite honest I can't see that happening

Barrus said:
Yeah, I noticed that aftwerwards, too many included him :p

Edit: I also think Dowsett was an error in the CQ ranking. It can't be that he had only 10 points last year, now can it?

Well, things like the European Championships and the Commonwealth Games don't give any points and other than that I think his results are accounted for. 2.2 level is not very profitable.

Hugo Koblet said:
Nice work!

ingsve, have you in some way managed to get the "program" or "spreadsheet" to count these by itself? Or have you manually counted it? I'm sure there are a lot of neat little tricks to be learned that could potentially save me a lot of time.

I counted them myself. What I did was I copypasted all teams after each other and then I sorted them all by names. That made it easy to count everyone since all of the same name gets grouped together.

What you can do if you have a list of names followed by a list of numbers is to first highlight all the names and then drag the highlight over the numbercolumn as well, then when you sort it it will sort by the name. If you instead start by highlighting the number column and then drag the highlight over the name column it will instead sort based on the numbers.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I see a ton chose Phinney... including me.

I chose him because I like the kid and hope he does well... but in reality I have my doubts he'll be a good pick in a competition like this. I hope I'm wrong, but of his 217 points only 68 came against non-U23 competition (the US ITT and road race).

Leipheimer got a total of 58 points from his TT's this past year aside from the US championships. I don't know if an increase is really realistic for Phinney.

ingsve said:
I counted them myself. What I did was I copypasted all teams after each other and then I sorted them all by names. That made it easy to count everyone since all of the same name gets grouped together.

What you can do if you have a list of names followed by a list of numbers is to first highlight all the names and then drag the highlight over the numbercolumn as well, then when you sort it it will sort by the name. If you instead start by highlighting the number column and then drag the highlight over the name column it will instead sort based on the numbers.

Cool thanks, I will definately be toying around with it at some point.

Though I think you have 1 mistake: "Damiano Caruso 6" I think should be "Damiano Cunego 5" and "Damiano Caruso 1", but that's obviously just a minor thing.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
You think that's surprising? What about the TWO people choosing Intxausti?

To be quite honest I was debating him myself untill I saw the costs of Intxausti.
But I had that with quite a few riders, such as Oss, Anton (for which I'll probably kick myself in the head later on), Terpstra, Rafael Valls

TRENDING THREADS