• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pellizoti 60
Blanco 300
Rujano 261
Cunego 659
Grivko 207
Ballan 574
Boonen 777
Kashechkin 84
Phinney - 257
Steegmans 253
Txurruka 75
Madrazo - 20
Duarte 181
Kashechkin - 84
Haussler- 251
Nocentini 227
Kwiatkowski 87
Wiggins- 376
Sella 354
Romain Sicard - 174
Rigo Uran - 410
Valls Ferri- 256
Niemiec 426
Golas141
Valjavez 65
Soler 47
Cobo
Deignan 5
Hutarovic 270
Theo Bos 182
Vlad eFIMkin 20
Guarnieri 227
Feirllu Brice 70

Ladies and gentlemen. the polls have now closed.

The Hitch said:
Cant believe Hugo has been generous enough to let me in. Its
Only going to take me a few minutes add the numbers up and send it.
But i swear on my life i havent see a single persons list and am not going to look until ive sent it.
Oh, and it wouldnt matter anyway, insgaves well rationed post this morning makes me think hes the favourite

The first letter of every sentence in my previous post spells out who i thought was the secret weapon Hrotha talked about

Am i right or was it someone else.

The Hitch said:
The first letter of every sentence in my previous post spells out who i thought was the secret weapon Hrotha talked about

Am i right or was it someone else.
Haha, brilliant.
And you were right.

By the way, I only ditched Valjavec and replaced him with Pellizotti in the last minute when I saw what teams were his likely destinations according to CQ.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Should be an easy win for ACF94. I expected more from you so called "experts".

Moondance, unfortunately I am the only ACF Mafia member who has entered this!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Have you kicked me out already?

edit. I see you havent, but surely its only a matter of time before Mellow Velo joins

What is discussed in the ACF mafia, stays discussed inside ACF mafia HQ. Mellow Velo is a hater of ACF, Cadel and the great team BMC! He will not enter the ACF Mafia until he proves his allegiance to the mafia!

Damn. I thought the limit was 33, though thats my own fault. Im just grateful to be in.

Ill keep Ballan rather than taking him off and splitting 3 ways which is what i would have done.

Anyway point is, i see Mellow Velo and Insgave are the ones who went for more is better theory, and i think that is the right tactic.

Thats why i proclaimed Insgave favourite.

Mathematically 35 riders at 215 points is better than 30 riders at 250 points.

Because every rider with a low score has less room for failure and a higher potential to double, triple, even quadruple, quintuple their score.

If you look at the way points are gained, any domestique on a pt or ct team with 200 or less points, should easily, equal their score because there are so many ways points can be won.

They are guys who didnt have better than normal seasons. They got their points for finishing the races. So all they have to do is finish the races next time. Then theres room for improvement if they get in a good break etc.

Another tactic i used was to throw in few riders from the weaker PT teams. AGR, Vacan, BMC, QST. Agrs leaders are Roche and Gadret. But theyll be in a lot of races with PT. So in those races maybe Rocentini or Vladmir will step up. Fillieu for Vacan.

And i see only 4 of us found Deignan.

Insgave Hrotha Kvinto. Thats an impressive group to be part of:)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
You should be ashamed that I was the only one who picked Santambrogio.
I was the only person to pick evans, moinard, Cantwell, Sutton, Howard, Furlan, Stannard, O'Grady and Lancaster

I was only one of two people who picked Van avermaet, Tiralongo and Morabito
Some of those guys are BMC.
Libertine Seguros said:
So there's an ACF mafia now? Does that make me the chief of police?
(Check social groups in the community group area)

No you're just Scum! You like spanish and portuguese riders and they are all dopers!!!!

auscyclefan94 said:
(Check social groups in the community group area)

No your just Scum! You like spanish and portuguese riders which are all dopers!!!!

Wow, generalise much?

Lucky that Australians never dope or behave badly. Why's that Aussie playing rugby for Italy again?

I suppose it would be over-combative to point out the grammatical errors in your above statement after last time :p

Libertine Seguros said:
So there's an ACF mafia now? Does that make me the chief of police?

Libertine. I think i could have guessed about 90% of your team ;)

Igor Anton- OBVIOUSLY
David Blanco- duh
Eros Capecchi - thought so
Juan José Cobo- yep
Fabio Duarte - yep
Michal Kwiatkowski-OBVIOUSLY
Angel Madrazo - OBVIOUSLY
Przemyslaw Niemiec - OBVIOUSLY
Franco Pellizotti - Yep
Ruben Plaza - OBVIOUSLY
Jose Rujano= OBVIOUSLY
Patrik Sinkewitz - yep
Juan Mauricio Soler - OBVIOUSLY
Xavier Tondo -OBVIOUSLY
Amets Txurruka - Who could have guessed :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm a bit predictable sometimes. But I DID pick a rider I can't stand (Ángel Vicioso) and I did forget David Bernabéu - or rather I remembered him, then decided I already had enough dopers, and I don't like Bernabéu much anyway; even so, a guy successful on a Portuguese team stepping back up a level should be value for a gain in points, since Andalucía will go to pretty much all of the Spanish calendar.

I'm shocked that anybody would be anything but surprised at my picking Txurruka though.

Wow Hugo your team is very similar to mine! We share 12. That reminds me, in the rush I forgot to add Navarro ffs...

Same with Stybar but I thought meh... Probably should have added him anyway as I could have for free.

I actually think Boonen is the best buy, more so than Haussler. Of course I have both. My sprint team is stacked. Cav, Haussler, Goss, Boonen, Chicchi, Galimzyanov. If this was a proper team I would be very confident of dominating the next season, with the sprints and classics covered. The only question mark is a real elite hilly classics or GT rider, but Ricco and Anton could do anything next year and between them should win either the Giro or Vuelta, if not both. The thing is a team like that would never work, no way near enough dedicated workers.

I can't believe no one else picked Marc de Maar :rolleyes: You need some picks for a laugh :p Like Henao even though he will not be racing in Europe. Or the random guy from Portugal, Bruno Pires (do you know anything about him LS?)!

I also tried to pick as few neo-pros or riders making a big step up as possible. Originally I had Degenkolb and Matthews but I just don't think they will perform (or get the opportunities to do so) next season. Phinney may be the exception here as he will be in the top5 riders at BMC.

Looking at the other teams my confidence has improved a bit. I think tactically i got it right in a number of cases.

Cycling news should offer up a journalist position to whoever wins :D

Also looking at the entrants we have a very good pool of posters to make for some good talk about this. Once again, chapeau to Hugo for this idea. Beats the tdu easily for ability to soften off season.

I would have liked to see what skip madness would have put up. She knows her stuff, well the mountains at least. tgsgirl too. And Zvinoviev letter would have been another good bet.

And next year we can check rabos team points total, and hence work out how well Dekker Tifosi would have done :p

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Wow Hugh your team is very similar to mine! We share 12. That reminds me, in the rush I forgot to add Navarro ffs...

Same with Stybar but I thought meh... Probably should have added him anyway as I could have for free.

I actually think Boonen is the best buy, more so than Haussler. Of course I have both. My sprint team is stacked. Cav, Haussler, Goss, Boonen, Chicchi, Galimzyanov. If this was a proper team I would be very confident of dominating the next season, with the sprints and classics covered. The only question mark is a real elite hilly classics or GT rider, but Ricco and Anton could do anything next year and between them should win either the Giro or Vuelta, if not both. The thing is a team like that would never work, no way near enough dedicated workers.

I can't believe no one else picked Marc de Maar :rolleyes: You need some picks for a laugh :p Like Henao even though he will not be racing in Europe. Or the random guy from Portugal, Bruno Pires (do you know anything about him LS?)!

I also tried to pick as few neo-pros or riders making a big step up as possible. Originally I had Degenkolb and Matthews but I just don't think they will perform (or get the opportunities to do so) next season. Phinney may be the exception here as he will be in the top5 riders at BMC.

I actually seriously considered having Bruno Pires in my team but then went for some neo pros instead :)

I thought it could be interesting to discuss certain picks a bit more so I'll go through my list and how I have reasoned.

Alessandro Ballan
- Eventhough 474 is a respecable price it's far below the 1000-1300 he can do at his very best so a Ballan back on old form should give a nice return.

Alex Rasmussen - He's moving to HTC where one thing is usually true. If you can win races then chances are you're going to win races. He can both sprint and TT so should be able to get a fair amount of points between lead out jobs.

Alexander Kristoff - He had a good year but didn't manage to win anything. If he can graduate into winning at the top level I think he can improve on his 2010 points, He showed late season that he was very secure at placing in the top 10 and that usually gives good CQ points.

Andrey Kashechkin - My only returning sinner who only raced a few months 2010 so he os very cheap for someone who finished 18th in the Vuelta.

Arkaitz Duran - I watched EBHs win in Dauphine the other day so Duran was put on my list and managed to stay on it though only by a slight mistake.

Bradley Wiggins - With the focus broadening to other races than just the Tour I expect Wiggins to grab some decent points in week long races and he can't exactly go worse than 24th in the Tour again can he?

Christian Vande Velde - Obvious choice. Dirt cheap and a certain pick to make a profit.

Damiano Cunego - Had a year where he scored half of what he did during the past 6 years so an improvement is very likely.

Denis Galimzyanov - With McEwen gone will be one of the main sprinters on Katusha so he will probably have his fair share of opportunities.

David Blanco - Have to trust Libertine Seguros on this one. Could be a gamble but I'm hopeful.

Elia Viviani - Chicchi and Bennati are leaving which leaves Viviani with a wider range of races to sprint at.

Fredrik Kessiakoff
- Terrible year due to overtraining and injury left him with few points and only one way to go--->UP.

Heinrich Haussler - While Garmin is crowded with talent I don't think 251 points will be hard for Barbie to improve on.

Jose Rujano - Time to prove he's the third best climber in the world.

Juan Jose Cobo - Time to finish a race perhaps? Can't exactly lose anything though.

Jussi Veikkanen - New team after a less then perfect season could see a return of some good results.

Kanstantin Siutsou - After losing Rogers and Monfort the leadership in stage races will probably more often fall on Siutsou.

Karsten Kroon - Cheap price for someone who has the potential of so much more.

Kurt Asle Arvesen - My last pick that put me right at 7500 after having stripped many riders off. Can only improve on a season where everything went against him.

Manuel Quinziato
- Like many others here, cheaper than his ability would dictate.

Marko Kump
- One of few sprinters in a team with mountains goats.

Nick Nuyens - People have their doubts but the price is so low that it would be easy to improve on it.

Philip Deignan - Mysterious viral infection is gone and RS tends to place a lot of riders high on GC which will probably mean points for Deignan.

Rigoberto Uran - Not the cheapest rider but on a new team and will probably captain a fair amout of races. Culture shock is the only obstacle.

Robert Hunter - Pegasus will probably be riding a fairly easy program of lots of 2.1 races so Hunter can have a good year as second sprinter behind McEwen.

Simon Gerrans - Had a bad year and a return to his previous form would mean points for me.

Sylvain Chavanel - With the mass exodus from QS, Chavanel will have lots of pressure to perform in a lot of harder races.

Theo Bos - Return to Rabobank as one of few real sprinters and a probably captain for dutch Worlds team.

Thomas Löfkvist - Was too focused on only the Tour and wants to refocus on other races in 2011 whichshould return hom to better points than this year.

Thomas Rohregger - One of few riders for though races on Pegasus should give lots of opportunities.

Tom Boonen - Bad year points wise so a return to old results would give a big return on investment.

Tomas Vaitkus New team where he will be important in his type of races so should hava a better year next year.

Trent Lowe Same as Rohregger and is dirt cheap as well.

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Interesting teams and great comp started by hugo! can't believe some of the riders that I missed out on especially anton if he manages to stay on his bike could be buy of the season. thought i had put pelizotti in but obviously made a mistake. I think i should have filled out my roster with all alllocated spots but hindsight is a marvellous thing.

Can someone tell me why the cobra chose floyd landis is it just a favourite rider or what?

TRENDING THREADS