• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
auscyclefan94 said:
Why are you saying that? It is about points gained, so discarding him will lower my team value which means I will have to score less points overall.

No it wont. It doesnt matter if you spend 1000 or 7499. The final score is all that matters. Your aim should be to get Hugo to let you pick a random replacement instead.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Why are you saying that? It is about points gained, so discarding him will lower my team value which means I will have to score less points overall.

I don't think that's fair if it is a possibility he won't be cometing at all in 2011.

You picked him, risk you took when selecting your team.

Same as those that have Pellizotti, Dekker, Efimkin etc. all may not compete, it's a risk

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
People who had Pegasus riders were allowed to change their teams because they wouldn't be on pro teams. Why can't I change Furlan then if he won't be riding?

auscyclefan94 said:
People who had Pegasus riders were allowed to change their teams because they wouldn't be on pro teams. Why can't I change Furlan then if he won't be riding?
Because Furlan's situation hasn't changed one bit since you signed him.

(Now if you ask me people should have been stuck with their Pegasus guys, but it's still not the same)

hrotha said:
Because Furlan's situation hasn't changed one bit since you signed him.

(Now if you ask me people should have been stuck with their Pegasus guys, but it's still not the same)

In ACF's defence on the cq rankings Furlan was listed as a Lampre rider when ACF signed him.

And stories about his retirement were so small that even if you know what to look for youll have trouble finding an article that mentions it. Most devout cycling fans will have missed the story.

The Hitch said:
In ACF's defence on the cq rankings Furlan was listed as a Lampre rider when ACF signed him.

And stories about his retirement were so small that even if you know what to look for youll have trouble finding an article that mentions it. Most devout cycling fans will have missed the story.
True, but everybody's still responsible for making sure they can trust whatever sources they use, and while CQ is very useful to keep track of who was going where, after you take a look at it twice or so it's clear it's not 100% accurate and that it relies a bit on rumour and speculation (not always marking it with a ?). If ACF got to replace Furlan, why shouldn't the guy who got the wrong Petrov get to replace him too? Or why shouldn't those of us who got Pellizotti be able to replace him if he's banned in the end?

Furthermore, since many of us submitted our teams when we thought there were limited slots and we might well be left out if we took too long to create our teams, why shouldn't we be allowed to redo them now? It wouldn't be fair.

hrotha said:
True, but everybody's still responsible for making sure they can trust whatever sources they use, and while CQ is very useful to keep track of who was going where, after you take a look at it twice or so it's clear it's not 100% accurate and that it relies a bit on rumour and speculation (not always marking it with a ?). If ACF got to replace Furlan, why shouldn't the guy who got the wrong Petrov get to replace him too? Or why shouldn't those of us who got Pellizotti be able to replace him if he's banned in the end?

Pellizoti is doping. We were told before that doping = 0. If doping allegations stop him from getting a contract, that is, as some say - "all in the game".

As for choosing the wrong petrov, thats something completely different. One has 270 another has 60. No one would choose a young Bulgarian called Georgei worth 60 under the impression that they are choosing Yefgeni.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

I see your point, at the same time all changes were made before the season started and I do not believe we should allow any changes once the game started. JMHO

The best approach for ACF is to graciously accept he can't change Furlan, then towards the end of the season explain that his favoured replacement was to be rider x. rider x being the rider with the highest 2011 aggregate with the same or less 2010 cq ranking points as Furlan.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
alternatively he could quit whining and remember it's just a game, hard luck you made an error, so will those who've picked di luca if he gets busted again - it's part of the game!!

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
will10 said:
alternatively he could quit whining and remember it's just a game, hard luck you made an error, so will those who've picked di luca if he gets busted again - it's part of the game!!

agreed.

what i liked about this game was it required some foresight.

i.e; pick potential dopers at your own risk.

And yeah at the end of the day, it is just a game, and really how much points was furlan really gonna get.. big deal. The game has began, no changes should be allowed.

for example; furlan's 151 could be enough to get bobridge's 149(last season) whom is already near 300. Hardly fair.. I'm actually mystified that acf wouldn't pick bobridge over furlan in the first place anyway.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

Suck it up princess.

I have Ol' Koos on my team. 600 odd points for someone thats only a mentor now!

auscyclefan94 said:
Yes but people knew Koos was retiring for ages.

I get your concern, but the season's started, so it seems like case closed to me. If we open those floodgates, how is it any less legitimate for me, if Kreuziger dies in a car accident tomorrow, to ask to change him? And as somebody pointed out, how would it be fair if you could simply swap him for Bobridge, who has already earned many points?

I didn't think switching Pegasus riders was really the best idea, but it was before the game was closed, which is a world of difference from now.

It's too bad. If you pick another rider now who has zero points so far this year, announce him to us and unofficially track him, then maybe you could at least have some kind of bragging rights at season's end if he would have put you over the top. Then you can feel good about yourself, which is as much as the winner of this game that we're doing for fun gets anyway. But I don't think it can go farther than that.

It wouldn't be fair to let people substitute riders after the season has begun. Every rider you pick is a risk. Whether it's because he might get injuried, suspended for doping or retiring it doesn't really matter.

I think the Pegasus case was quite different which is why I let everyone substitute their Pegasus riders, though you can certainly argue that picking Pegasus riders also were a risk. However, that was my decision and I stand by it.

The "Furlan case" is quite similar to the "Efimkin case" for The Hitch and he wasn't allowed to substitute either.

If anyone's unhappy, I'm sorry, but I guess you will have to wait untill the 2012 edition to get a new chance :)

So the season has finall really begun now. Here's the points scored after the Tour Down Under and Tour de San Luis stage 1:

Tour Down Under stage 1:

1. Matthew Goss - 40 points
2. Andre Greipel - 25
3. Robbie McEwen - 15
4. Chris Sutton - 10
5. Elia Viviani - 5
6. Romain Feillu - 3
7. Alessandro Ballan - 2
8. Inaki Isasi - 1

Tour de San Luis stage 1:

1. Roberto Ferrari - 20 points
2. Ariel Maximiliano Richeze Araquistain - 10