• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 71 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I might consider getting Michel Kreder for 2012. I was just looking at his stats, and his scores have only gone up. Not dramatically, but he always advances.

It's a thoroughly entertaining game and to see how the team performs each week is great.

Message to self for next year-

Don't select 'reformed' dopers- I selected Ricco and Pellizotti as my reformed characters and he has made me a massive loss. That money would have been better spent buying 4 or 5 decent young riders, and if only one or two would have succeeded it would have brought me a far better return.

My best buys so far-

Haussler
Swift
Degenklob
Kittel

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I've done a personal spreadsheet and put down a couple of names.. No excuses next time if my team goes toes-up like it seems to be for this year.

Matthews is probably my best pick, Renshaw has done well with a long way to go to pick up even more points. Caleb Fairly has done zilch, know nothing of him though so i dont know why I picked him in the first place.. :rolleyes:

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Not having either Di Luca or Cunego (or any other point scorer at TA), today worked out about as well as it could have for me. The riders at the top don't have a lot of teams owning them (Cunego probably the top scorer with significant ownership in our game)

If I'm not mistaken:

Evans: 2 teams
Gesink: 6 teams
Scarponi: 0 teams
Basso: 3 teams
Nibali: 1 team
Pinotti: 0 teams
Machado: 1 team
Cunego: 25 teams

Cunego dropping was great for all of us who don't have any riders in contention.

No-one had any of the top three in their squad, so no very high scores from the Tirreno-Adriatico.

Top Scorers on the Race:
Roundabout (90, Basso, Cunego and Lovkvist)
Ewbles (84, mainly from Basso, Gilbert and Lovkvist)
Spare Tyre (67, Nibali and Gilbert)

Top 5 overall so far
Jaylew 324 (Martin, Goss, Sánchez, Ventoso, Haussler)
Roundabout 225 (Wiggins, Basso, Sánchez, Cunego, Lovkvist)
Ingsve 205 (Goss, Wiggins, Gilbert, Haussler, Lovkvist)
On3m@n@rmy 188 (Kloden, Sánchez, Péraud)
Nobilis 122 (Wiggins, Ventoso, Sagan)

Standings after Tirreno Adriatico

A

Anonymous

ak-zaaf said:
If Katusha doesn't deliver, I'm nowhere :)

Ive just realised ive got three rabobank riders (freire, matthews and TGBM) in my team for the first two races. No idea how that happened. I also ended up with three garmin as well.

The big guns come out to play for flanders though. :D

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Ive just realised ive got three rabobank riders (freire, matthews and TGBM) in my team for the first two races. No idea how that happened. I also ended up with three garmin as well.

The big guns come out to play for flanders though. :D

Freire could get you San Remo and/or Wevelgem, but Matthews? Bit too soon maybe for the 250+ ones.
Garmins are? Hesjedal, Hushovd and Farrar? :)

I gambled on the Hilly races mostly.
Di Luca's wrath will eventually win me this thing.
I'm already looking forward to a Gewiss style Fleche Wallone with Di Luca, Rodriguez and Kolobnev :D

A

Anonymous

ak-zaaf said:
Freire could get you San Remo and/or Wevelgem, but Matthews? Bit too soon maybe for the 250+ ones.
Garmins are? Hesjedal, Hushovd and Farrar? :)

I gambled on the Hilly races mostly.
Di Luca's wrath will eventually win me this thing.
I'm already looking forward to a Gewiss style Fleche Wallone with Di Luca, Rodriguez and Kolobnev :D

but you get to change your team twice during the spring.

msr
wevelgum
-------------- change riders
flanders
roubaix
-------------- change riders
amstel
flecha
lbl

so your first set of riders only has to race the first two races.

My two main guys for Milan San Remo are Gilbert and Bennati. easy points. :D

luckyboy said:
Well Tirreno turned out pretty badly given that Cunego + Di Luca were amongst the favourites.

Got 125 from Cunego and 15+whatever Danilo's GC points are :eek:

Try 44 points for 11th. Ironically 15 points is what Danilo got for stage finishes, a 4th and a 5th along the way. Added together thats over half his cost.

Hell hes broken even already.

Danilos risk is that those UCI cockroaches single him out again.

If he can avoid that he should be banging out those points all the way till the race of falling leaves. (out of interest, suppose a rider gets caught, at what point does it no longer affect the game? So say Killer got caught on Jan 2nd 2012 and the winner won by a margin such that without killer he would not. Would that change the winner, or is it after the fact).

Speaking of 15 points, luckyboy, thats how much you got for the 3 a's, Andrew Amets and Alessandro , only one of which did anything all week.

Clarke FTW.

Although he's already done a bit of racing so I'm not sure where he's next going to be able to build on his points. Good result and proved to be the strongest on his team which has some decent names in it. Nice having someone in your team who isn't afraid to have a go...

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
It's a reasonably satisfying outcome for me especially compared to Paris-Nice. Now somebody just needs to drop Cavendish and preferably the rest of the real sprinters in San Remo so that my team can have a chance of good points.

That won't be a problem considering he won't win MSR.

TRENDING THREADS