• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 87 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 15, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for late. I put two new sheets in the excel for who is interested in them. The two new sheets are the return of all riders and the riders in CQ games.

Weekly Ranking March 28th - April 3th:

1.ingsve - 869
2.AAC1983 - 815
3.Gotland - 755
4.XlandaluzeX - 598
5.Handbrake - 582
6.Hugo Koblet - 575
7.Bumeington - 568
8.roundabout - 567
9.Jpettersen - 555
10.Kazistuta - 553

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FEZ1AE08

I have no idea whether to list the return here. I think it wont change too much and it will have too many kinds of top 10 if list here, so i just put it in the spreadsheet.

ingsve said:
I think that this game come downs to two main aspects. First of all you need a solid looking team without too many obvious pitfalls just in order to make sure you are in contention. It's fairly easy to identify teams that have too many obvious mistakes in them like picking expensive riders like Evans, Cancellara, Farrar, Greipel etc. Or riders that had the best year of their career last year that would have to go way beyond themselves to make a profit this year like Hesjedal, Sagan, Dan Martin etc.

I think your point is correct, but I'm not sure that Sagan and Martin are very good examples. Both are young. Sagan took a huge leap last year, admittedly, but Martin has been getting steadily better for a couple of years. And both are ahead of where they were at this point last year!

They're relatively risky riders to take, as any rider coming off his best ever year is, but they're a more rational risk to take than an older rider coming off a best ever year is.

Zinoviev Letter said:
I think your point is correct, but I'm not sure that Sagan and Martin are very good examples. Both are young. Sagan took a huge leap last year, admittedly, but Martin has been getting steadily better for a couple of years. And both are ahead of where they were at this point last year!

They're relatively risky riders to take, as any rider coming off his best ever year is, but they're a more rational risk to take than an older rider coming off a best ever year is.

Of course they're on an upwards streak but Martin scored 883 points and Sagan scored 928 points so for either of them to be considered a good pick they would need to score at least 1200 and preferably 1400 points at a minimum and that wouldn't even be the doubling of points that I view as a goal for my picks. The chance that they will reach anything like those points is very small in my mind and not enough to warrant a pick.

ingsve said:
Of course they're on an upwards streak but Martin scored 883 points and Sagan scored 928 points so for either of them to be considered a good pick they would need to score at least 1200 and preferably 1400 points at a minimum and that wouldn't even be the doubling of points that I view as a goal for my picks. The chance that they will reach anything like those points is very small in my mind and not enough to warrant a pick.

I can't argue with that. 1,200 points wouldn't surprise me from either of them, but doubling their points is another question altogether.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
ACF with 183 :eek:

Damn those 3 pts lost changing Docker to Van Impe, that would have meant equal 1st in the Team Sky league for RVV. :D Very happy with 170 though, 13th on the race and now 19th overall!

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
8. Gesink +6
13. Poels +18
64. Seeldraeyers +2:04
77. Denifl +4:06
103. Peterson +9:49
116. Martens +15:07
130. Cobo +15:07
156. Santambrogio +19:50
DNF. Madrazo

My team, which is made up entirely of hilly riders and climbers, is dominating as usual.

not sure I've seen a single promising moment from martens this year.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
I won't be doing updates the next two weeks due to vacation but I'm sure someone will be kind enough to do them instead :)

excuse me sir, forget the vacation and update our scores :p
have fun tho.

Kiriyenka seems to be a good buy

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Kiryenka picking up a stage win yesterday and Cav finally putting some decent points on the board.

Galimzyanov all but equals his score already after today, kudos to the 10 people who picked him, a solid choice.

Nice 220+ from Scheldeprijs.

On target for my best week so far.

More points from Boonen on Sunday, then whatever Gusev/Haussler/Goss/Klier/Arvesen/Clarke/Cav can scratch together.

Seeldraeyers/Duarte top 20 overall hopefully, plus 5 points if Cobo/Kash/Roe/Siutsou/Frank finish.

600 would be good.

Yes.
Haven't been following much recently, due to lack of results!
Suddenly, a 220ish midweek day, out of the blue.
Three months in and the reality is that this game is all about buying as many "finishers" as possible.
Throw "potential" out of the window, unless they fall in this catagory.

TRENDING THREADS