• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 86 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
great race today. never mind that my best finisher was ivanov in 39th.

so, no Anton in Pais Vasco? Figures. I was hoping this was the race where my four euskaltels could improve on the thirty odd points they have between them so far. really hope txurruka can win a stage at last. Otherwise I need uran, nordhaug, kessiakoff and seeldrayers to get in a breakaway and stay away.

ingsve youve overtaken me. From about 400 down to 100 up in a day.

Stupid Cancellara had to play around instead of just win:p

Seriously though, while a bit of luck may have been involved today (so i say ;)) you chose your team wisely and totaly deserve your place.

If you had been willing to accept Sella and Di Luca, onto your team, that signature of yours would have been looking pretty good by now.

You would have probably beaten me, whereas without them it is looking like it could be a close fight between us.

You say you almost had Goss, and well that might have done the trick too.

Still, from the very very start in early December i said you were the one who knew what he was talking about. 54 more entries and 4 months later, 2 minutes and 15 seconds into the season, we lie side by side.

I feel justified that from the teams i had seen when i made that comment, your one does indeed lie on top,and that mine sits within jousting distance.

Me, the 2 monuments (and Australian races) seem to have been my undoing so far, so lets hope we can get PR and LBL out of the way, and that at the Giro Tour and Vuelta i can muster enough points to insure against that CVV victory that given my cq teams luck, is looking more and more likely in Lombardy :eek:

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Pais Vasco
Mathias Frank
Timothy Roe
Rigoberto Uran
Damiano Cunego
Andrey Kashechkin
Rémy Di Grégorio
Richie Porte
Chris Anker Sørensen
Fabio Andres Duarte
Juan Jose Cobo

Plenty of climbing talent so hopefully they will do something.

EDIT: Missed Simon Gerrans

My Pais Vasco team:

Simon Gerrans
Damiano Cunego
Andrey Kashechkin
Danilo Di Luca
Beñat Intxausti
Enrico Gasparotto
Rémy Di Gregorio
Chris Anker Sørensen
Laurent Didier
Fabio Duarte
Juan José Cobo
Christian Vande Velde

If I don't score a quite substantial amount of points, I will give them all a salary reduction.

The Hitch said:
ingsve youve overtaken me. From about 400 down to 100 up in a day.

Stupid Cancellara had to play around instead of just win:p

Seriously though, while a bit of luck may have been involved today (so i say ;)) you chose your team wisely and totaly deserve your place.

If you had been willing to accept Sella and Di Luca, onto your team, that signature of yours would have been looking pretty good by now.

You would have probably beaten me, whereas without them it is looking like it could be a close fight between us.

You say you almost had Goss, and well that might have done the trick too.

Still, from the very very start in early December i said you were the one who knew what he was talking about. 54 more entries and 4 months later, 2 minutes and 15 seconds into the season, we lie side by side.

I feel justified that from the teams i had seen when i made that comment, your one does indeed lie on top,and that mine sits within jousting distance.

Me, the 2 monuments (and Australian races) seem to have been my undoing so far, so lets hope we can get PR and LBL out of the way, and that at the Giro Tour and Vuelta i can muster enough points to insure against that CVV victory that given my cq teams luck, is looking more and more likely in Lombardy :eek:

Well, we still have long ways to go and a lot of my picks may have peaked already. I also think others probably have stronger teams for the GTs than I do as well so things can quickly change when the big points are scored. For GTs I mostly have outsiders rather than true favourites. I guess a lot of people have hopes for Rujano so perhaps he will live up to that but right now it would have been better to have Sella or Serpa from Androni. For you Nocentini could very well be a big further payoff as well.

I also have certain riders that aren't performing well at all yet and chances are they won't even break even. Kristoff was more of a fanbased picked which will probably come back to bite me. Veikannen and Rasmussen are not looking too good either.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I had Nuyens but cheered for Chavanel in the final....maybe the CQ game hasn't quite taken over my life yet ;)

Nuyens with the win for 275 and then Hoste, Boom, Cav, Devolder, Goddaert, Ivanov, Lorenzetto, and Quinziato with 5 for finishing, plus Kolobnev's 90-odd in GP Indurain, not a bad week.

A lot of my Flanders guys are riding Scheldeprijs but will probably not compete the finale, my hopes lie with Lorenzetto Goddaert and Cav there I think.

Pais Vasco team: Barredo, Gasparotto, Kiryenka, Kolobnev, Moinard, Seeldrayers and Sivstov. All have the potential to do well but I would not be surprised if all I got out of this week was 5's for finishing :D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I did much better this time around as well. Close to 100 points without breaks or assists added. I'm guessing I'll have close to 110-115 points all told.

Although I will admit to making the mother of all errors and I deserved it for not checking closely enough...

On my team was one Sébastien CHAVANEL of Europcar...not exactly the same Chavanel I thought I had on my roster :D

ingsve said:
Well, we still have long ways to go and a lot of my picks may have peaked already. I also think others probably have stronger teams for the GTs than I do as well so things can quickly change when the big points are scored. For GTs I mostly have outsiders rather than true favourites. I guess a lot of people have hopes for Rujano so perhaps he will live up to that but right now it would have been better to have Sella or Serpa from Androni. For you Nocentini could very well be a big further payoff as well.

I also have certain riders that aren't performing well at all yet and chances are they won't even break even. Kristoff was more of a fanbased picked which will probably come back to bite me. Veikannen and Rasmussen are not looking too good either.

Yeah, well I have Evgeni Petrov and Andrey Grivko on my team. I was in such a hurry to get the team in i just chose the next 2 people I saw whose combined worth was the 550 points i had remaining.

550 points down the drain on some domestiques. When i realised it was petrov i had on my team i went through his previous cq results in horror. Unless he gets in some magic TDF break, its not looking good.

Besides if you look at our leader, he has Ricco, but the rest of the team is good enough which shows that this game is more about who you do have than who you dont.

Not having RIcco gives the potential for an advantage, but if you spent those 700 like me on JJ Heado and Evgeni Petrov, what have you really gained.

The Hitch said:
Yeah, well I have Evgeni Petrov and Andrey Grivko on my team. I was in such a hurry to get the team in i just chose the next 2 people I saw whose combined worth was the 550 points i had remaining.

550 points down the drain on some domestiques. When i realised it was petrov i had on my team i went through his previous cq results in horror. Unless he gets in some magic TDF break, its not looking good.

Besides if you look at our leader, he has Ricco, but the rest of the team is good enough which shows that this game is more about who you do have than who you dont.

Not having RIcco gives the potential for an advantage, but if you spent those 700 like me on JJ Heado and Evgeni Petrov, what have you really gained.

Ya, those picks aren't looking too great.

I think that this game come downs to two main aspects. First of all you need a solid looking team without too many obvious pitfalls just in order to make sure you are in contention. It's fairly easy to identify teams that have too many obvious mistakes in them like picking expensive riders like Evans, Cancellara, Farrar, Greipel etc. Or riders that had the best year of their career last year that would have to go way beyond themselves to make a profit this year like Hesjedal, Sagan, Dan Martin etc.

Then to actually beat other solid teams you simply need some luck by having your successful riders be slightly better than your opponents successful riders and your failures to be slightly less so than your opponents failures. I think all the people in the top will be very happy with how their team performed and it will simply be luck that determines who wins. Unless someone completely crushes all other teams but I don't think that's likely.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how many points I made - around a 100 I think but I set my team up with more Paris - Roubaix in mind so I'm not that unhappy. I will drop down but AK Zaaf looks to have done well again.

Nuyens was on my shortlist but I didnt think he would do anything at P-R so I dropped him out. :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS