• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 114 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
I'd suggest we use the first two weeks of December to set down the rules, and the next two weeks to submit our teams.

edit: on second thought there's no reason why we shouldn't start discussing new rules and what not in November already.

November is better. Get people familiar with all the rules of the game and people can put down their names down for the game during Novemeber.

I already have a list of 10 riders which will be in my team for 2012.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
November is better. Get people familiar with all the rules of the game and people can put down their names down for the game during Novemeber.

I already have a list of 10 riders which will be in my team for 2012.

Only 10 ;), I have 18 or 19 almost certainities for my team. Only 1 Australian, might need a few more on the team.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
lol I just tried calculating the value of the team I would send in if I had to do it today:

30 riders, 2766 points - not as much as I thought :D

18 riders valuing 3,900 points.

Some of these aren't confirmed and will depend how they go during the remainder of the season.

I have made an executive descision to not have Evans in my 2012 team in a sacrifice to try and win.:eek:

It would be interesting if someone could calculate the individual scores for the current week from the coming update. Since a lot of people have Cobo and also Wiggins I feel like some people might get some really high numbers for the week. My estimate is that someone will probably score between 1700-2000 points for the week.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I dunno if any of you guys have a excel sheet of your own where you track your 2011 team as well as having a list of potential riders for 2012 along with there scores.

Anyway I have been using this for the past couple months, and figured I would share it. It is actually very useful and helps greatly with my 2012 team (lol yep pretty much have my team figured out..). As well as allowing you to easily keep track of your current team.

CQ Game Help Sheet

I also provided full instructions so you can easily update your rider and team scores in a matter of seconds each week.

Basically the sheet has 3 pages.
Rider scores - has all the scores, more so needed for the automatic updates etc.
2011 Team Page - My 2011 Team with some statistics (rider percentage gain, overall team statistics etc).
2012 Team Page - Basically just a list of your riders with thier scores automatically updated along with overall team score (ensuring you do not exceed 7500)

PLEASE NOTE: I left my own team in the 2011 team just so you guys get the idea, but just delete and edit as necessary. The actually programming of scores and such shouldn't be affected.
I also put a couple riders in the 2012 team page as an example. Noy my team tho, that is valuable :p

Maybe the OP can put it on the first post, I honestly think it is helpful, but whatever :)

Any reason why, when i put in a code, I have to select and press enter on the formula cell for it to grab the value and not update automatically?

ingsve said:
It would be interesting if someone could calculate the individual scores for the current week from the coming update. Since a lot of people have Cobo and also Wiggins I feel like some people might get some really high numbers for the week. My estimate is that someone will probably score between 1700-2000 points for the week.

I also got Mollema and Poels. And I probably forget someone as well.

Yes. Same here. Menchov won't reach his 2010 total this year. At least he managed to finish 5th when it looked pretty doubtful after stage 3 and his positional mistakes also didn't cost him any obvious places in the end.

Very good Vuelta for me. Well above the 500 point target. Closer to 1700 if my maths are correct.

Edit: don't you have Chavanel, luckyboy? You seem to like him so I am surprised that he doesn't seem to be on your team.

TRENDING THREADS