• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 115 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The only succesful GT was the Giro. And that's putting it nice. The Tour and Vuelta were a total fail. I'm now really looking forward to 2012. Let's hope I can keep my ProTour license despite my poor results in 2011 :p

Hugo Koblet said:
Can't wait until todays update is out. I'm sure we'll see a lot of changes in the scoreboard.

Also stay tuned for some serious news regarding the next update ;)

Oh god, I'm dreading this update. Only 2 people ahead of me didn't have Cobo, and most of them sure as hell had better second riders than Kessiakoff (34th). Add that to my only 'result' in Canada being Ciolek (9th and 12th - hey, at least he somehow beat last year's total), and I predict a precipitous fall.

Update 35

I'm very happy, proud and excited to be able to present the new and much improved spreadsheet!

The new spreadsheet includes a number of new, great features while the old ones are still there.

You're now able to see the profit of your team shown in percentages under the new Ratio colomn, which allows you to quickly asses the profit of your team!
You're now also able to easily follow your teams progress, as the colomn This week shows you exactly how many points your team have earned this week!
Another great new feature is the Up/down colomn which shows you how your team has done the previous week, as it tells you how many positions you have moved up or down!

Your personal team sheet has also been revised with some of these features now included. You can now follow the return of every rider in your team shown as a percentage of his 2010 value in the Ratio colomn, while you're also able to follow your riders progress in the This week colomn, which shows you have many points your riders have earned this week!

As a little something extra, color codes have been added as well, which allows you to easily spot which teams and which riders have turned a profit this season!

I hope you enjoy the new layout as I've put quite a bit work into it! Please let me know if you spot any mistakes.

-----------------

This week was an action packed one as a lot of points were awarded from various races including the Vuelta.

ingsve is still on top and his lead is still more than a thousand points as he increased his lead to the other teams in the top 10.
mc_mountain moves down two spots as Handbrake moves into the top 3, still lacking behind Waterloo Sunrise and the aforementioned ingsve.
kurtinsc and The Hitch makes some noice in the top 10, as they move up 9 and 5 places respectively. Ham-N-Eggs and Bumeington moves out of the top 10.

The high jumper this week is AntonioRossi who jumps 18 places from 49 to 31. Of course worth noticing is that I move up 12 places and am now to be found in the top 50! Yay! The highest scorer this week, however, is Kwibus who scored no less than 1962 points - closely followed by kurtinsc with 1940 points.

Top 10:

1. (1) ingsve - 12693
2. (2) Waterloo Sunrise - 11573
3. (5) Handbrake - 11407
4. (2) mc_mountain - 11194
5. (4) Sneekes - 11191
6. (11) The Hitch - 11128
7. (16) kurtinsc - 11105
8. (6) nvpacchi - 10977
9. (8) Armchair Cyclist - 10930
10. (7) theyoungest - 10815

Please note: there seem to be some discrepancy between this and the latest update. For instance, in the last update I posted, Sneekes was 8th while this new spreadsheet has him as 4th last round. I don't know why, but once again, please notify me if you spot any mistakes.

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NUNU6I8G

It's not a problem with the new features, but there are still no points for Konig, although he has already 299 points for this season. I think it's a problem with diacritics. The solution might be just to retype his name with diacritics in the spreadsheet. However I wouldn't mind if you will add his points manually at the end of the season. Thanks.

togo95 said:
It's not a problem with the new features, but there are still no points for Konig, although he has already 299 points for this season. I think it's a problem with diacritics. The solution might be just to retype his name with diacritics in the spreadsheet. However I wouldn't mind if you will add his points manually at the end of the season. Thanks.

That of course is a mistake. Didn't notice that you mentioned this before? Have you noticed any mistakes regarding other riders as well?

I've made sure that König will be updated next time. Thanks!

Edit: just noticed that Object didn't have points for Kashechkin. That has been fixed now as well.

hrotha said:
Wow, 10th for the week! 3rd highest jumper! I'm great! I'm 60th! :eek:

Thank you, Hugo. This is pretty swell.

You're welcome. Actually your post inspired me to include another colomn which I already has created and will be available in the next update:
Rank this week which shows your position this week. If you're the top earner this week it will show as "1", while if you're the 20th highest earner it will show as "20" etc.

It's so strange how this game has turned out. The Vuelta didn't go even close to how people expected it to. I was expecting a full onslaught from the people who had Igor Anton, Mark Cavendish and also EBH from the parallell races but none of that happened and instead Cobo and Wiggins turns out to be the important riders of the past weeks.

I have to admit I'm feeling a little more secure right now. The world championships are still coming with a lot of points to grab but the way things have gone my way this year I wouldn't be surprised if Viviani or Alex Rasmussen or someone like that won there too.

Then again if it ends with Cavendish ahead of EBH and Sacha Modolo then I would have to start to worry.

Armchair cyclist mentioned it, and he also noticed some other riders:

Armchair cyclist said:
I've been robbed!

Perhaps due to the lack of diacritics on his first name when I submitted my team, the software hasn't picked up that I had selected Jérôme Cousin. And my 12 point investment has returned a 117% profit. I have been conned out of 26 points and my rightful place in the top 12!

Might be worth others checking their zero scorers: unfortunately, I typed Kai Reus, Bolat Raimbekov and Ruslan Abdulmanov (no, I've no idea either) perfectly accurately, they just haven't got a point (or a team) between them.

Armchair cyclist said:
Other false zeroes:
Ben King (Aus) 16 points for both Antonio Rossi and Blues in the bottle
Andrey Kashechkin 10 for Object
Leopold Konig 223 points for Togo95

Here's what Cobo himself thinks

volta%20etp9-sra%20graca%20cobo.jpg

Yes, it's because of his moniker but it can be interpreted differently...

Hugo Koblet said:
That of course is a mistake. Didn't notice that you mentioned this before? Have you noticed any mistakes regarding other riders as well?

I've made sure that König will be updated next time. Thanks!

Edit: just noticed that Object didn't have points for Kashechkin. That has been fixed now as well.

Andrey Kashechkin doesn't appear correctly for Object since his name has an additional LAM after it.

ingsve said:
I wonder what the winning score might be...Must be possible to reach 15-20000 at least for the best one.

If anyone scores less than 7500 points I suggest they get banished from this forum.

There are still 13 people who have yet to break even and risk getting banished from the forums if my suggestion is followed.

It also seems that my predicted winning score was a bit optimistic though the lower number won't be too far off. It just shows that there is a huge gap between a perfect score and a realistic result.

TRENDING THREADS