• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cq Top 10 in 2018

Lequipe did this for tennis for 2018.

Who do you think will be cq (cos UCI sucks) top 10 5 years from now in 2018. Thats assuming that breakaway thing doen't take over of course.

Eg, here is my list.

1 Peter Sagan (28 yo)
2 Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas (28)
3 John Degenkolb (29)
4 Chris Froome (33)
5 Carlos Alberto Betancur (29)
6 Daniel Martin (32)
7 Taylor Phinney (28)
8 Fabio Aru (28)
9 Andrew Talansky (30)
10 Oskar Svendsen (24)

11 Chris Horner (48 yo:p)

Its quite hard to choose because cyclists can be world class from anywhere between 22 to about 36 so there are so many generations to consider.

The guys coming into the top now (especially 1990 generation - Sagan Pinot Quintana Phinney). The slightly younger guys still in u23 or just coming from it. Some juniors even. Some slightly older guys. Even the Froome Nibali generations from 1985 will only be 33 (Purito's age last season). Following in the footsteps of people like Vino maybe even Contador's 1983 generation could still do something at 35.

1990 generation is very strong. I took out quite a lot of them (Kwiatkowski Moser Pinot) on the basis that i needed to fit a lot more 30+ into the cq top 10. Last year for example the entire top 4 was over 30.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
1. Quintana
2. Sagan
3. Phinney
4. Dombrowski
5. Stuyvens
6. Betancur
7. Nibali
8. Coquard
9. Henao
10. Kwiatkowski

I know you said 10, but I couldn't leave these guys out of the list. :eek:
11. Jungels
12. Pinot
13. Degenkolb
14. Talansky
15. Zabel
16. Aru
17. Moser
18. Van Garderen
19. Chaves
20. Svendsen

Afrank said:
1. Quintana
2. Sagan
3. Phinney
4. Dombrowski
5. Stuyvens
6. Betancur
7. Nibali
8. Coquard
9. Henao
10. Kwiatkowski

I know you said 10, but I couldn't leave these guys out of the list. :eek:

Thats the whole point of the exercise ;) I had 20 guys i could have fit in too, but the exercise is about having to choose which ones will make it straight to the top.

Oh and I forgot about Dombrowski.

Btw, you only have 1 person above 30 in your liist. Currently there are 8 and a lot of the time more than 50%

1) Sagan
2) EBH
3) Kwiatkowski

I've noticed some Oskar Svendsen hype in this thread, nothing would make me happier than if it comes true but I seriously doubt it. To be fair he hasn't really shown much outside his junior ITT WC and it takes more than insane O2 numbers to become a great racer. I hope I am wrong.

TRENDING THREADS