• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cricket- the sport not the insect

Page 77 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Feel sorry for Rogers, hard for him to know whether he should have reviewed it given the strangeness of the ball but maybe if Watson hadn't wasted one he could have taken the chance.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
movingtarget said:
I was a stupid shot but did he hit it ? I agree with Holding. I could only see a spot on the ball. Maybe the Indians are right. Dump the DRS. Aussies in deep trouble again.

Back when it was introduced, this type of referral would have overturned the on-field decision.

Anyway, Watson should still be blamed for the predicament that the Aussies find themselves in.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
movingtarget said:
Brain snap. Does Khawaja think he is going to keep getting second chances to play for Australia. Maybe he isn't thinking at all.

Maybe he's got some re-assurance from boof that even if he fails in either or both of the innings that he will still get another chance. Still both Watson and Khawaja's performance is calling for a return of Warner in some form.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Am I wrong to start thinking the old school? Katich, Hussey, Ponting... :(

Katich and Ponting both century makers in their last digs I think - if we can somehow spring a draw from this game (rain, come on London it has to rain eventually), those two need to be called on. **** preparing for the future, we need to be competitive right now!

darwin553 said:
Am I wrong to start thinking the old school? Katich, Hussey, Ponting... :(

Katich and Ponting both century makers in their last digs I think - if we can somehow spring a draw from this game (rain, come on London it has to rain eventually), those two need to be called on. **** preparing for the future, we need to be competitive right now!

Katich's sacking was a disgrace, Hussey's retirment was terrible timing but it seemed it was not only missing his family, it was the internal problems he was also tired of. Punter retired on a century. Someone make the calls. This could be a rout with two more quick wickets.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
movingtarget said:
Katich's sacking was a disgrace, Hussey's retirment was terrible timing but it seemed it was not only missing his family, it was the internal problems he was also tired of. Punter retired on a century. Someone make the calls. This could be a rout with two more quick wickets.

If Watson and Clarke can make up, so can Katich and Clarke. If they can't, that's too ****ing bad as it is in the nation's interests that they do.