• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cricket- the sport not the insect

Page 80 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
Well, that brings Sir Stuart Broad's average down below 50 for the first time this series.

One thing I have noticed though with people sarcastically dubbed 'Sir' by cricket fans, the longer they stay crap, the higher and stronger their peak will be (like 'Sir Ravi Jadeja'). I wonder when Sir Imran Farhat will fire :D.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Alphabet said:
One thing I have noticed though with people sarcastically dubbed 'Sir' by cricket fans, the longer they stay crap, the higher and stronger their peak will be (like 'Sir Ravi Jadeja'). I wonder when Sir Imran Farhat will fire :D.

I don't know about that but I reckon Botham always enjoys being introduced into a new commentary stint with 'and here is Sir Ian Botham'! :D

darwin553 said:
I don't know about that but I reckon Botham always enjoys being introduced into a new commentary stint with 'and here is Sir Ian Botham'! :D

I heard that Sir Ben Kingsley would ignore people completely unless they called him Sir Ben. Also aging rock stars getting knighted to me is just too weird. What a relief that quite a few people supposedly turn down the offer.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
movingtarget said:
I heard that Sir Ben Kingsley would ignore people completely unless they called him Sir Ben. Also aging rock stars getting knighted to me is just too weird. What a relief that quite a few people supposedly turn down the offer.

Certainly was the case when he guest starred on the Sopranos ;)

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
I swear you guys, if we all start calling him Sir Phillip Hughes, he'll score 10,000 test runs in 1 year (after being awful for his entire career up until that date) :p.

Rogers showed Watson how to do it. Hang around I mean. Watson keeps discovering new ways of getting out after he has made a quite comfortable 50. I really thought the partnership was going to keep going. Alas no. But Haddin has looked pretty good so far. A 100 run lead would be nice on this wicket. Is it just me or are the English slowing down the game even more with constant examinations of the ball even after the umpires have ruled on it, two balls ago and also taking much too long with field placings and seemingly not accepting DRS decisions that don't go their way ? Standing around debating with the umpire afterwards. Anderson should just concentrate on his bowling. That said, it's been an interesting test match and a real arm wrestle so far.

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Poor batting overall this test (except for Rogers and Watson), but seems like the England seamers have been better? Missed play yesterday but sounded like that on the cricinfo coverage.

"Is it just me or are the English slowing down the game even more with constant examinations of the ball even after the umpires have ruled on it, two balls ago and also taking much too long with field placings and seemingly not accepting DRS decisions that don't go their way ? Standing around debating with the umpire afterwards. Anderson should just concentrate on his bowling. "

This is some of the most negative test cricket I've ever seen. Cook barely getting through 12-13 overs per hour when it should be 15 minimum and taking any opportunity to slow the game.Also the whole England batting approach was dreadfully negative, look like they are trying to drag out a draw from the first ball. Also the horrendously defensive fields that Chef has set, he is a turgid and dull captain who is a class batsman (Though slightly out of nick at the moment) and blessed with a team thats pretty good, certainly better than the Aussies on a man for man basis. But his captaincy is very negative.

Pulpstar said:
"Is it just me or are the English slowing down the game even more with constant examinations of the ball even after the umpires have ruled on it, two balls ago and also taking much too long with field placings and seemingly not accepting DRS decisions that don't go their way ? Standing around debating with the umpire afterwards. Anderson should just concentrate on his bowling. "

This is some of the most negative test cricket I've ever seen. Cook barely getting through 12-13 overs per hour when it should be 15 minimum and taking any opportunity to slow the game.Also the whole England batting approach was dreadfully negative, look like they are trying to drag out a draw from the first ball. Also the horrendously defensive fields that Chef has set, he is a turgid and dull captain who is a class batsman (Though slightly out of nick at the moment) and blessed with a team thats pretty good, certainly better than the Aussies on a man for man basis. But his captaincy is very negative.

I agree. It is very irritating to watch. Just get on with it for God's sake.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Pulpstar said:
This is some of the most negative test cricket I've ever seen. Cook barely getting through 12-13 overs per hour when it should be 15 minimum and taking any opportunity to slow the game.

It's disgraceful and not in the spirit of the game. :(

Pulpstar said:

The money men demand the game lasts at least 4 days:D

There are still tickets to sell for monday and tuesday.

Aussie tail certainly a lot longer now - England will be kicking themselves for letting that partnership get away.

England now comfortable favourites with the bookies for this match, but they do need to stop batting like ****heads at some point to justify that.

EDIT - self censored due to inadequate naughty filter.

movingtarget said:
I agree. It is very irritating to watch. Just get on with it for God's sake.

darwin553 said:
It's disgraceful and not in the spirit of the game. :(

Pulpstar said:

Try playing against India or ****stan when your side is losing a series. They have been absolutely appalling at it over the years. I remember a test against ****stan a few years ago where they managed just 21 overs in session.

EDIT:lol the filter edits out p a k i stan

Pricey_sky said:
Try playing against India or ****stan when your side is losing a series. They have been absolutely appalling at it over the years. I remember a test against ****stan a few years ago where they managed just 21 overs in session.

EDIT:lol the filter edits out p a k i stan

Just call them Stanis not to be confused with the Game of Thrones character ! Maybe that's okay in our politically correct wonderland.

TRENDING THREADS