• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2012 stage 2, 160km, Lamastre→Saint-Félicien

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
You guys keep talking about Andy soft pedalling to the finish, like you actually expected something different from him

I expected a top100 from him today, but still only 76 riders on letour, so maybe!

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
1 Daniel Moreno Fernandez (Spa) Katusha Team
2 Julien Simon (Fra) Saur - Sojasun
3 Tony Gallopin (Fra) RadioShack-Nissan
4 Rinaldo Nocentini (Ita) AG2R La Mondiale
5 Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Bel) Lotto Belisol Team
6 Luis Leon Sanchez Gil (Spa) Rabobank Cycling Team
7 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team
8 Janez Brajkovic (Slo) Astana Pro Team
9 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky Procycling
10 Thomas Voeckler (Fra) Team Europcar

Fetisoff said:
You guys keep talking about Andy soft pedalling to the finish, like you actually expected something different from him

I actually expect that he wouldn't get dropped on a Cat 3 or 4 climb 3 weeks before the Tour. Not expecting him to win or anything like that, but at least keep up with the main peloton. Frankly his attitude seems funky and it's not a good sign (whatever his form) going into the Tour.

zam_olyas said:
its like he is

who-cares.jpg

+10000000000000

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Publicus said:
I actually expect that he wouldn't get dropped on a Cat 3 or 4 climb 3 weeks before the Tour. Not expecting him to win or anything like that, but at least keep up with the main peloton. Frankly his attitude seems funky and it's not a good sign (whatever his form) going into the Tour.

veganrob said:
The anticipation is killing us.:eek:

It'll be the usual. He'll put a half-hearted attack on the Colombier (or go in the break), end up finishing that stage minutes down anyway, and then all of the sudden fly up the mountains towards second half of TDF

The Evans gang show intent, but Danny Moreno shows them his heels.
Turns out it was an uphill sprinter finish, but won by a kicking climber.

Schlekette, Vino and Westra continue to enjoy their holiday, tootling around the South of France on push bikes, but still manage to easily beat many folk's tip: Simon Gerrans.

JimPanzen said:
Guys, don't you get it? Andy's taking it slow now, because he wants to be fresh on thursday for his assault on the ITT win.

Au contraire. He's making sure he gets an early start time, so he can be sure to finish before it gets dark.;)

1 Bradley WIGGINS SKY PROCYCLING 08:45:42
2 Cadel EVANS BMC RACING TEAM 00:00:01
3 Andriy GRIVKO ASTANA PRO TEAM 00:00:02
4 Carlos BARREDO RABOBANK CYCLING TEAM 00:00:02
5 Tony MARTIN OMEGA PHARMA-QUICK STEP 00:00:04
6 Paul MARTENS RABOBANK CYCLING TEAM 00:00:04
7 Sylvain CHAVANEL OMEGA PHARMA-QUICK STEP 00:00:05
8 Jérôme COPPEL SAUR-SOJASUN 00:00:06
9 Andrey AMADOR MOVISTAR TEAM 00:00:06
10 Richie PORTE SKY PROCYCLING 00:00:07

Mellow Velo said:
The Evans gang show intent, but Danny Moreno

Au contraire. He's making sure he gets an early start time, so he can be sure to finish before it gets dark.;)

I think you mean he wants to get an early start time, so he can be sure to get to the pub before dinner :D

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
wiggins is starting to really annoy me

so disrespectful with his 'i dont want the jersey' and today his behaviour on the podium making the jersey presenter hurry up and then basically running off the stage... ****er

i know you want to do your warm down but show some respect, its not all about you