• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2013

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
He should do TdS then if he really wants to celebrate a whole week. Starts a little later I think.

(Surely Nibali wouldn't mind celebrating another title would he..?)

besides wiggo might ended show up there:D. Rematch?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Team Sky with Froome as leader will go in at 95% in the race.

The outfit needs a dominant display to set the PR up for TdF, especially after the Giro debacle.

However several other teams are prepared for this and we will likely have a solid battle.

Looking forward to it.

Good post,exactly my thoughts...imo Froome wants to win this.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
As for Quintana,I hope he will go for GC at Dauphine.Still it depends on Piti,he likes this race,so he might go for the win.Imo Quintana should go 100% at least at TT and mountains.;)

we need to find a nickname for this guy,he deserves it!

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
So 6 of their TDF team in this race (Contador, Hernandez, Rogers, Paulinho, Noval, C.A. Sorensen) , and 3 in Switzerland (Roche, Kreuziger, Morkov)

Sounds about right.

How do you know it?:eek:
Morkov,Noval and even Paulinho arent on the Tour team yet.

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Well.. no one are on the Tour team yet ;)
But those 9 riders are probably a good guess.

So they are maybe gonna fight about the last spots in Dauphine and Suisse. Nicki Sørensen was removed from the Giro team to ride the Tour and Bennati must be a possibility too.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
As for Quintana,I hope he will go for GC at Dauphine.Still it depends on Piti,he likes this race,so he might go for the win.Imo Quintana should go 100% at least at TT and mountains.;)

we need to find a nickname for this guy,he deserves it!

how about "quintana"? :D:D

May 20, 2010
Visit site
pastronef said:
el Indio

INDIO

As far as i know from some Bolivian people i met, calling them Indios is equal to them as calling black people ******s.

Not sure how it is in Colombia though, but in Bolivia that word is considered a racial slur.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
nesocip said:
As far as i know from some Bolivian people i met, calling them Indios is equal to them as calling black people ******s.

Not sure how it is in Colombia though, but in Bolivia that word is considered a racial slur.

Oh,then thats bad.Thanks for the information,good to know.;)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Why nicknames for everybody we are not the mafia.

ZO, People are generally lazy and also don't like to type long words/names, mainly due to cell phones and their tiny keyboards, besides nicknames make the poster look like they are close and know the rider they're talking about, even if they have never met them nor ever will (on a personal level, autographs don't count).

I hope the CdD is going to rock it this year.

pastronef said:
el Indio

INDIO

nesocip said:

Nairo Quintana= E.L. C.A.C.I.Q.U.E.;) (Highest Authority of the Tribe)
CaciqueCofan.jpg