• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2014: Stage 7 - Ville-la-Grand / Finhaut-Emosson 160KM

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win this?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Great stage!
OK,how was that coffee Chris?:rolleyes:

Seriously,Froome is injured,thats really important.Question is how would have been this stage without this injury?imo the gap would have been smaller,but Contador still would have dropped him.July will be a freakin christmas boys and girls:)

Other great news for cycling...words Froome,Contador were trending more than 2 hours after the finish on Spain and British Twitter,which is really impressive with WC these days!:)

The winner:

165517_PIC470488199.jpg

Not quite blue sky.

More pics here: http://www.steephill.tv/2014/criterium-du-dauphine-libere/photos/stage-07/

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Looking forward to see an upgraded Tinkoff with Kreuziger, Rogers and Roche.

Could a 100% Kreuziger be equal to Porte?

Also:
Rogers vs. Nieve
Roche vs. Lopez
Paulinho vs. Kiryienka

Froome obviously hurt from the crash. He didn't even lose that much time in the end, suprisingly.

Nice win by Westra, too bad we couldn't really see much from it..

Kelderman running on his last legs it seems, then again, losing 20 seconds to Nibali after all that is still pretty god damn decent.

jilbiker said:
I think Froome

...Is not very self intuitive nor does he have a good bike race sense...

How should he? For the major part of his career (until july 2011) he has never been on the business end of things, so he couldn't learn how to race a final. Then he suddenly became (one of) the best GC rider(s) there is, but for a year (vuelta 2011 to Tour 2012) he had to tow Wiggins around and listen to his teammanager. Thinking and taking initiative were strongly forbidden. I guess it will take a few years to develop that race sense, and I wonder a bit if his star will still shine as bright when we get there.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
On stage:
10 REICHENBACH SebastienIAM Cycling 2:19

I think hes a keeper. Should try the Tour as somewhat protected rider imo.

local hero - the whole pub in Finhaut was cheering him, more than Wes or Conta

jilbiker said:
I think Froome

A/ Underestimates Contador
B/ Overestimates himself
C/ Is not very self intuitive nor does he have a good bike race sense. Why didn't he follow AC with less than 2km left? Think the train will do it for you? Its worked before, yes but train works from the distance, it needs time to reel in the lost cargo. At 1.7km, you should shoot off yourself.

But he has beaten Bertie on so many occasions its hard not to say to yourself, he won't get far....wrong this time

The Sky train rode their leader and Lil Richie nto near exhaustion. I'm inclined to agree that they just knew that Richie would be able to reel Contador back based on the past 2 seasons but stage 2 should have told them this isn't the Contador of the past two seasons.

Angliru said:
The Sky train rode their leader and Lil Richie nto near exhaustion. I'm inclined to agree that they just knew that Richie would be able to reel Contador back based on the past 2 seasons but stage 2 should have told them this isn't the Contador of the past two seasons.
It was premeditated not to follow if anybody attacks as Froome may not have been feeling good as can been seen when Talansky overtook him. Even Contador attacked only in the closing kms and looking at the faces that he was making, he was also at the limit.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Armchair cyclist said:
What happened to all the Contador fans who were claiming on stage 2 that he wasn't bothered about the Dauphiné?

Cuz his training totaly changed over fall2013-spring 2014,Im worried that pre 2013 training peaks etc has no value now.

On the other hand Im still worried he will be fatigued comes end of Tour with this kind of racing,I would prefer Froome shadowing only.But I like point of (netserk?afrank?) that AC should have peak late at Tour due to riding Vuelta:cool:

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Armchair cyclist said:
What happened to all the Contador fans who were claiming on stage 2 that he wasn't bothered about the Dauphiné?

He's not there to win it. He's there to see what his level is in comparation with Froome. If he gets the win, ofc he'll be happy, but that's not his primary objective there.

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Fzotrlool said:

Also:
Rogers vs. Nieve
Roche vs. Lopez
Paulinho vs. Kiryienka

Not reduce the win Talansky I agree with you 100% and I wish to see contador in yellow in the end TDF he deserves all good .. really fight to day and unfair to loss final stage and yellow .

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Fzotrlool said:

Also:
Rogers vs. Nieve
Roche vs. Lopez
Paulinho vs. Kiryienka

Henao. Thomas. Kennaugh.

Also Kiryenka is better than Paulinho..