• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2014: Stage 7 - Ville-la-Grand / Finhaut-Emosson 160KM

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win this?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Never seen such a good Contador in the dauphine.

Or he peaked too early or Riis wasn't lying when he said this is the best Contador he witnessed.

May 17, 2014
Visit site
This day proved to me again that Froome can't handle a race in which he isn't by far the strongest. Going all out on stage 2 and cracking in the last km today only to get passed by Talansky really shows this guy has no brain at all. He's just a good "doer" and that's all.

cauberg1999

BANNED
Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
indianfanboy said:
The acceleration didnt seem big because Contador was using a huge gear...no one could have followed that acceleration..he opened up a 20 sec gap really fast and gauged his effort perfectly to the line while froome cracked in the last km

its clear. but you wont a gap on big gear in 11%ramp on 1600 meter height.its impossible. alberto attacked using quite light gear for this piece of road

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Miburo said:

Or he peaked too early or Riis wasn't lying when he said this is the best Contador he witnessed.
Contador still yet to peek as he will be riding the Vuelta also while Froome said he was happy with his condition and that he doesnot need to go to Teide

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
what a us postal like dominance from sky.... like 5 G Thomas, Nieve < Porte , Lopez and froome....When other teams have max 2( then i got some clinic feeling).

But the riders looked realy tired ( Westra was completely empty).Did this climb ever feauture in the TDF?

Froome sufferend from the crash yesterday but in the end he really cracked.

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Miburo said:

He has already messed his Tour prep in 2011 and 2013, so I don't think he could have made the same mistake again...

retzko said:
what a us postal like dominance from sky.... like 5 G Thomas, Nieve < Porte , Lopez and froome....When other teams have max 2( then i got some clinic feeling).

But the riders looked realy tired ( Westra was completely empty).Did this climb ever feautured in the TDF?

Froome sufferend from the crash yesterday but in the end he really cracked.

The first of the two, yes. The second, no.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
PirazziAttacksVino said:
He has already messed his Tour prep in 2011 and 2013, so I don't think he could have made the same mistake again...

He didn't mess up anything in 2011. In 2013, well yea, the entire year was terrible :eek:

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
PirazziAttacksVino said:
This day proved to me again that Froome can't handle a race in which he isn't by far the strongest. Going all out on stage 2 and cracking in the last km today only to get passed by Talansky really shows this guy has no brain at all. He's just a good "doer" and that's all.

Froome was going all out in Vuelta 2012 even when he wasn't good enough to do anything,that's he's style.This tactical nonsense crap,the guy always go crazy no matter his form.

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
PirazziAttacksVino said:

On stage 2, he wanted to set down a marker. Porte was given the day off and Froome wanted to show he'd win no matter what. Turns out that's a big mistake when the grades aren't that steep and the man behind has a big advantage.

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Contador was pushing a big gear. He also seems to be more musculed then before his suspension.

This ain t the best AC but maybe the best we can aspect without clinic issues.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Cance > TheRest said:
Unfortunately I didn't watch the race due to Eurosport prioritizing Le Mans over cycling, but looking forward to do so after what I've seen from the result list - was it exciting?:D

Yes. Most of it was not that great. The break up the road added some real interest today. But the last 20-30 minutes were fantastic. 10 minutes of boredom, with a little interest in the break, then everything got turned upside down. In the last couple of kilometers, the Yellow Jersey was lost, and found, and the two guys we thought were going to win got caught and passed by a rider who had disappeared from the media coverage 30 minutes earlier.

But it was nice watching most of the stage to set the stage for the finish! Because when it happened, I, for one, went YES!

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Awesome ride by AC. Win or lose tomorrow, the Sky train looks beatable. Froomey might be thinking twice about needing Wiggo now. AC didn't bring much of a team to this race.

Props to Ryder showing up, just when Talansky needed him.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I think it favored Contador that the double climb made it like one really long climb and was steeper that on the 2nd stage. Also on stage 2 Contador was just back from a long race break.

Ofcourse Froome's crash meant something, but I dont think its the Whole story. Tomorrows stage might favor Froome more though (isnt its shorter and less steep?)

PirazziAttacksVino said:

When you are as thin as Froome you have to priorities. He can't fit everything in there.

TRENDING THREADS