• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2014: Stage 7 - Ville-la-Grand / Finhaut-Emosson 160KM

Who will win this?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Critérium du Dauphiné 2014: Stage 7 - Ville-la-Grand / Finhaut-Emosson 160KM

PROFIL.png

PROFILCOLSCOTES_1.png

PROFILCOLSCOTES_2.png

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The sky train to set a brutal pace for the first part of the climb and then Richie will destroy the rest of the peloton before Froome puts in a mutant attack. Contador will sprint furiously to hang on to his wheel and they will trade blows for the rest of the climb until Contador pulls away in the final km.

Nibali to finish 3rd, 1 minute down.

the sceptic said:
The sky train to set a brutal pace for the first part of the climb and then Richie will destroy the rest of the peloton before Froome puts in a mutant attack. Contador will sprint furiously to hang on to his wheel and they will trade blows for the rest of the climb until Contador pulls away in the final km.

Nibali to finish 3rd, 1 minute down.

This pretty much except Kelderman will take third. Talansky will either come in with Nibali or ahead. Tjay will do better than stage 2 but he'll still lose time to the big gc guys.

The finish is in Switzerland and there could be rain and bad weather in the finale, so this is a Spilak kind of day. After what he did yesterday I can see him attacking on the penultimate climb and if the favourites will control too much each other, I think he can stay away.

I think we'll see a repeat of what we saw on Stage 2, more or less, except that a surging Van Garderen will take time on everyone except the top three and so move into the top ten on GC. I've really come to believe that Contador thinks he has more to gain by marking Froome and smiling at the camera than he does in beating him here.

And I think as far as TdF consequences go, yeah, the "how is Richie, really?" question is the most important one that will be answered tomorrow.

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
If he is ok,Froome will finally drop Contador and gain at least 30sec,if his condition is not good Contador will destroy the field:cool:

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Its insane that Im saying this but Contador to beat Froome in final km cuz of his injury.
Still I hope he will be 2nd overall by couple of secs cuz he needs to keep the trend 1-2-1-2-1:p

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
MBotero said:
If he is ok,Froome will finally drop Contador and gain at least 30sec,if his condition is not good Contador will destroy the field:cool:

You think he didnt try enough on Monday or he improved so much throughout the week:eek:?

Incredibly hard finish with a total 23km@8% of climbing separated only by a short descent. In addition a beautiful scenery of Lac Emosson dam and nearby Mont Blanc massif. Definitely should be used in the Tour de France also.

lac-emosson_mont-blanc-massiv.jpg

On the first part good helpers can basically crush the peleton with a small number of riders recovering on descent. On the second climb it could be a favourites battle almost from the beginning. Time gaps could be very large. It will be Alien vs Predator but I give slight edge to Contador because of Froome's crash.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Just like Porte, Froome will without a doubt be stronger tomorrow.

Depends on how bad the crash affected him. Also Berto will have improved. Still I think Froome will win but without dropping Berto

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
More interesting than stage victory (i suppose its for Froome) will be to see how those that were suffering in the first mountain stage with TdF ambitions (TJ, Nibbles, Bardet) will do here and if the pleasant surprises (Kelderman, Talansky,...) can do a bis repetita.

TRENDING THREADS